why dont i have nightmres??

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
dreamerinmiami

why dont i have nightmres??

Postby dreamerinmiami » 09 Mar 2013 00:14

This may sound weird but I want to have nightmares. I want to have nightmares because I believe it would be easier to become lucid. I cant remember the last time I had a real nightmare. I have noticed that I become lucid when crazy things happen or when I feel very overwhelmed in dreams. and those are rare. most of my dreams are pretty normal. like everyday things...... maybe feeling very scared in a dream will help out lol :o
What is your definition of reality?

tea

Re: why dont i have nightmres??

Postby tea » 09 Mar 2013 12:38

have you tried WBTB?
☺ nice, you are a curious one! come, follow me into the rabbit hole if you want to: http://lost-and-fun.tumblr. com/

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 09 Mar 2013 12:46

Its usually harder to become lucid in a nightmare as you then have all your attention focused on what is scaring you so deeply into that rather then really having time to think something like "oh I should do a reality check" or to just start calmly studying things. Its hard to study surroundings if you are running from a monster :twisted:

As dreams are symbolic, if ones life is going quite smoothly and there is nothing really distressing someone, they shouldnt be get nightmares. Nightmares will come when someone has life issues.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

R99

Postby R99 » 09 Mar 2013 14:53

dreamerinmiami wrote:This may sound weird but I want to have nightmares. I want to have nightmares because I believe it would be easier to become lucid. I cant remember the last time I had a real nightmare. I have noticed that I become lucid when crazy things happen or when I feel very overwhelmed in dreams. and those are rare. most of my dreams are pretty normal. like everyday things...... maybe feeling very scared in a dream will help out lol :o

http://www.world-of-lucid-dreaming.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1037
check it out, its about nightmares that i posted long time ago, lots of opinions in it.

so about nightmares, we n u need it wont come to u. actually its in my personal opinion. i love to be in night mares, its thrilling. usually in it i have super powers. but unfortunately it wont trigger LD to me. seeing too much horror movie might help. wen i was a kid i had plenty of nightmares, but as a grownup i lost nightmares, maybe its bcoz am enjoying it right now. easy way to get in LD is WBTB (i got my first LD from it) another thing, getting LD through nightmares wont help much. as tani said it is possible, even if u manage to trigger LD ,and the scene is intense, will result in loosing lucid state, and make u an actor in it. anyway try it will see wat comes.
I see the Truth now.

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 10 Mar 2013 05:13

Try eating a spicy burrito before bed. That's what popular culture would suggest! :lol:

taniaaust1 wrote:Nightmares will come when someone has life issues.

I think taniaaust1's response is more viable. You need to be an emotional wreck and living in turmoil. That should help..... or is it worth it......
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”