Dream Journal query

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.

Dream Journal query

Postby deepakkumaar97 » 09 Mar 2013 15:40

So, it has been a month since I started writing my dream journal.
I write about 1-2, and sometimes even 3 pages, Now I am tired of writing this much, so, I was thinking is it okay if I write only specific and main points?
Because that would save a lot of time and energy.
Thank You
Do a reality check

Re: Dream Journal query

Postby HAGART » 10 Mar 2013 04:52

I stopped writing my dream journal too because it would take so long. I would spend up to two hours a day trying to write it all down in detail. But it doesn't mean I stopped recalling my dreams. I always take a moment in the morning while still in bed to think back and remember all I can. And then I write it down on paper in note form and that is it. I still lucid dream, if that is your reason for asking, I think recalling the dream is all that is needed, but it is fun to read past dreams I had and I wish I had written them down.

And even if I had all the money in the world it is impossible to hire somebody to write it for me!

Anyway, if you want a dream journal to help with lucid dreaming, recalling a dream happens in the mind, not with a paper and pencil (or computer), but after a week or so my notes don't seem to spark the memory as much as a fully fleshed out paragraph does. But by simply remembering them as events that happened to me as if they were a different day between days is all it takes I think. (that's just the dream journal aspect of lucid dreaming I'm talking about, a good night's sleep is also important!)

One last thought: Dream journals should be fun. Once it becomes work, take a break and only record the dreams you WANT to record. Or write down the basic gist of them all and only expound on the ones you want to.
We all have the wool pulled over our eyes, but turtleneck sweaters are so damn comfortable.

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”