Do your DCs know you?

What have you learned from your dream characters? What do they say, what do they represent, what motivates them, why do they exist?
R99

Re: Do your DCs know you?

Postby R99 » 10 Mar 2013 18:12

okay HAGART let say u r right, dreams are never the same, it changes every time we see. (but some dreams r repeats itself not by events in dreams but the story mode or DC r same. u didnt mention that.) if u r expert enough, u can question every DC or object in dream. its there bcoz of a purpose. it want to notify us something. we just dont know. the dreams r never works as physical world. its always symbolize. these r not just my thought. i got this from Robert Waggoner's book. our emotions and thoughts never works as physical world. lets say am now in my house physically but i can reach anywer with my mind lets say outer space. a rocket reach there by hours. but our mind can get der in fraction of seconds. that we calls day dreaming. do not question the mind it is complex and cannot be defined by just science factors. no one can create a computer as complicated as human mind ( scientists r working on that, but human heart cannot be put in to a chip or a processor like the dialogue in terminator salvation.) wen u say dreams r illogical and unreliable, at some point u can prove it, but its not the entire truth.the truth is nobody is smart enough to understand dream fully coz it works in a different way its only symbolize.
like i had a dream, a girl predicting two numbers 2014 and 2024 the number could be anything we dont know. tani gave me some insight on it but u cant be sure. in our knowledge its year, who knows. i can only wait, maybe its just random (but it was LD). u r a dreamer u know the complication of a dream. people just act silly about dream wen we try to talk about it bcoz they dont know nothing about it. dont be those people we r unique. ( to them its JUST A DREAM, i think we need some more great word for this magical phenomenon) just like that we r not even able to scratch its surface. am having dreams since i born, y its happening. but ofcoz u got ur scientific point, that i cannot compete with coz my knowledge is limited. i guzz u got my point that i am trying to prove. :)
I see the Truth now.

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 11 Mar 2013 02:28

I hear and listen to you and you did as well with me... but we won't be persuaded so easily. Let's just agree to disagree and leave it at that for now. Let's leave this alone because there is no right or wrong. And I think you agree with that.
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

R99

Postby R99 » 11 Mar 2013 05:19

common HAGART say something intelligent. share ur thoughts wat ever it is. and dont say inner observer (we dont know about it more) dont have emotional value, it got everything we feels. thats y its trying get our attention through dreams.
I see the Truth now.

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 11 Mar 2013 10:20

HAGART wrote:The more I keep thinking that way, the more it will end up happening in the dream. Our own views, theories and beliefs will actually change our dreams in the long run and they will cater to what we already thought in the first place. So I am not sure if DC's are real from a different plane of existence, but that is NOT my belief and my dreams always prove my hypothesis because it was what I truly believed. If someone thought differently their dreams would reflect that too and we all start reconfirming through our dreams what we already believed whether it was true or not.

Great point that we all would be reconfirming different things based on our own thoughts of it.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

deepakkumaar97

Postby deepakkumaar97 » 13 Mar 2013 14:04

torakrubik wrote:I think that the dreamworld is always there...however that hypothesis brings up some interesting questions. Who takes your place when you're not actively in the dream? A mindless zombie version of yourself? Perhaps the DCs are clones of real people who are awake at the time you're dreaming, and you're merely interacting with their standby personalities? So maybe we have a physical body in the real world and a dream body in the dreamworld (This is my personal view)

Or maybe you physically leave the dreamworld altogether...I'm sure this thread will provoke interesting discussion on this.

It's really an interesting thought.

For those who think it doesn't make any sense, think like this:
We are active all the day long, physically, but what happens at night, we just lay motionless in our beds(for almost 8 hours), my point is, why can't the opposite be possible, we are actively present in the dreamworld for 8 hours and then when we wake up to our physical reality ,(let's just say)our dreambody lies in the dreamworld like a zombie, or maybe a absent-minded version of ourself and maybe playing the role of DC in other people dreams.
Do a reality check

R99

Postby R99 » 13 Mar 2013 18:26

who knows??? :!:
I see the Truth now.

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 14 Mar 2013 01:54

R99 wrote:common HAGART say something intelligent. share ur thoughts wat ever it is.

I'll be honest. At first I thought you were insulting me and being sarcastic, but now I think I just misinterpreted and you do value what I have to say and were disappointed that I wanted to stop. I don't like to argue, and especially about things that are open to interpretation and there is no right or wrong answer, only what we feel is true.

So here is my belief about dreams and reality:

When awake we are bombarded with external information in the form of light waves (sight), compression waves (sound), and all other sorts of information that we can sense. But it has no meaning until our brains process it and give it meaning. Then it feels real.

When asleep we are NOT bombarded with external information at all. But the brain never stops. It still continues processing information, but instead of using our senses, it can only use what it can get. When asleep our minds drift and daydream, and because there is nothing else for the mind to process it takes that information and gives it meaning. Then it feels real.

So dreams feel as real as awake sometimes. But in a dream, the source that created the reality was our own internal thoughts that continue to drift when we are asleep. So although dreams are a great way to know ourselves, I don't think we interact with any other spiritual plane, leave a body behind in a dream or can predict the future or travel to other lands or outer space or remote view. It just FEELS like we are. It truly does FEEL real at times.

Our minds are great at making things feel real. When awake this feels real doesn't it? But all we are sensing are vibrations and waves and our minds just interpret it and process it and it makes it feel real. In reality the waking universe is just information without meaning and even a solid object is mostly empty space in between the atoms, perhaps as empty as looking into outer space.

But without our minds to create meaning and hold places and objects in it, even if we can't see them, we would either go insane or be as intelligent as an ant. (And I don't think ants have it all bad. I sometimes envy them because they never have to consider these thoughts that we humans have.)

Anyway, you said, 'share your thoughts whatever it is', so I did.

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 14 Mar 2013 02:19

R99 wrote: to them its JUST A DREAM, i think we need some more great word for this magical phenomenon

Throughout the ages, whenever there was something that couldn't be explained it was always labeled as 'magic'. Even if I can't explain or understand dreams fully, and I don't claim to, I am reluctant to blame it on magic or other mystical forces. And if there IS an astral plane or true Out of Body, then that would be reality and not magical anymore. I wish there was because it would make life more interesting, but I'm a skeptic. I think our minds are just very imaginative. However, after saying that, a very vivid lucid dream that feels like you are out of your body or on a different plane or in a different dimension still FEELS amazing and I will never discredit the feeling, just question the reason.

deepakkumaar97

Postby deepakkumaar97 » 14 Mar 2013 06:30

HAGART wrote:I'll be honest. At first I thought you were insulting me and being sarcastic, but now I think I just misinterpreted and you do value what I have to say and were disappointed that I wanted to stop. I don't like to argue, and especially about things that are open to interpretation and there is no right or wrong answer, only what we feel is true.

So here is my belief about dreams and reality:

When awake we are bombarded with external information in the form of light waves (sight), compression waves (sound), and all other sorts of information that we can sense. But it has no meaning until our brains process it and give it meaning. Then it feels real.

When asleep we are NOT bombarded with external information at all. But the brain never stops. It still continues processing information, but instead of using our senses, it can only use what it can get. When asleep our minds drift and daydream, and because there is nothing else for the mind to process it takes that information and gives it meaning. Then it feels real.

So dreams feel as real as awake sometimes. But in a dream, the source that created the reality was our own internal thoughts that continue to drift when we are asleep. So although dreams are a great way to know ourselves, I don't think we interact with any other spiritual plane, leave a body behind in a dream or can predict the future or travel to other lands or outer space or remote view. It just FEELS like we are. It truly does FEEL real at times.

Our minds are great at making things feel real. When awake this feels real doesn't it? But all we are sensing are vibrations and waves and our minds just interpret it and process it and it makes it feel real. In reality the waking universe is just information without meaning and even a solid object is mostly empty space in between the atoms, perhaps as empty as looking into outer space.

But without our minds to create meaning and hold places and objects in it, even if we can't see them, we would either go insane or be as intelligent as an ant. (And I don't think ants have it all bad. I sometimes envy them because they never have to consider these thoughts that we humans have.)

Anyway, you said, 'share your thoughts whatever it is', so I did.

All that you said above is the scientific definition of a dream. BUT what makes it look or feel magical is its reality. We, lucid dreamers, have experienced dreams as vivid and real as waking life( i have not yet). Can the mind just create all those ILLUSIONISTIC feelings?
Some of us have even had 360° view, how can the mind create that when it has not experienced it in real life and doesn't know how it feels like or how to interpret it.
I don' know which side I am on cause I don't know whole story or information of either sides and I want to know more about this.
Do a reality check

R99

Postby R99 » 14 Mar 2013 08:28

First of all, HAGART, i never insult anybody, everybody have their own experience, that way everybody is unique. am sorry u felt that way, it maybe bcoz of my stupid English knowledge, ( i got this language from English movies and News, and not from School, in my state der is no proper education for English language. even if u r a graduate in here, its hard to speak in English. so every word i read in this site, am learning.)

back to the topic-u r right, in our dream we r just experiencing the process calculation of our brain. BUT its not all. u heard about precog dreams right?. wat is that? there is no definition for that. and if u r saying that dreaming is just as physical information, then what about the magical experience we get in our LD. as u say our mind is very imaginative, it is, but we never experienced that. in one book, i think its Robert Waggoner's book, in it he explains about an experiment, in it he or his colleague found out that our mind can find out an information even it is unknown to it. i think u need to read that book.( i think u already did). and deepak just mentioned about his doubt. and its maybe bcoz, like u said HAGART-WILD IMAGINATIVE POWER OF MIND. looking forward to ur reply like i always do.
I see the Truth now.

Return to “Dream Characters”