Third person visualization

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
ryder115

Third person visualization

Postby ryder115 » 07 Mar 2013 21:03

Hey guys so I'm new to LDing (I've had one spontaneous DILD so far), and I have a question... When ever I day dream/visualize things, I always seem to do it in the third person. Its like watching tv but I'm one of the characters. I've tried visualizing in 1st person, and I can do it, but it's not nearly as natural. I dream in 1st though, including my LD. Will this mess me up when I'm doing WILDs, incubation, or WBTB? Any tips? Thanks

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image

taniaaust1

Re: Third person visualization

Postby taniaaust1 » 09 Mar 2013 10:09

I dont know but maybe if you tried to imagine yourself doing and FEELING physical activities as your physical body now.. it may bring the focus from third person to you more ... rather then trying to visualise to "see" something.

Thou I'd think if you go "deep" enough into a dream, that your focus would switch anyway from third person to first.. Like be drawn into it by your attention on it. I dont think this is going to mess up at all your ability to WILD etc if anything it may help. I think you just need to maybe relax more then you are now and let yourself go more.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

ryder115

Postby ryder115 » 09 Mar 2013 16:32

All right, thanks for the advice!

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image

deepakkumaar97

Postby deepakkumaar97 » 12 Mar 2013 12:48

ryder115 wrote:Hey guys so I'm new to LDing (I've had one spontaneous DILD so far), and I have a question... When ever I day dream/visualize things, I always seem to do it in the third person. Its like watching tv but I'm one of the characters. I've tried visualizing in 1st person, and I can do it, but it's not nearly as natural. I dream in 1st though, including my LD. Will this mess me up when I'm doing WILDs, incubation, or WBTB? Any tips? Thanks

I also have the same problem, whenever I try to visualize the dream scene during a WILD trial I do it as a third person and was wondering if it will mess up my WILD.

taniaaust1 wrote:I dont know but maybe if you tried to imagine yourself doing and FEELING physical activities as your physical body now.. it may bring the focus from third person to you more ... rather then trying to visualise to "see" something.

Thou I'd think if you go "deep" enough into a dream, that your focus would switch anyway from third person to first.. Like be drawn into it by your attention on it. I dont think this is going to mess up at all your ability to WILD etc if anything it may help. I think you just need to maybe relax more then you are now and let yourself go more.

I will try this.
Do a reality check

Return to “For Beginners”