QUESTIONS ABOUT WEIRD NIGHTIME EXPERIENCES

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
Ender_brine

QUESTIONS ABOUT WEIRD NIGHTIME EXPERIENCES

Postby Ender_brine » 11 Mar 2013 20:43

OK, first of all, lucid dreaming isn't being easy on me. I had my first one on Christmas night, 2012 (its a Christmas miracle!.) then a few months later, something strange happened. I suddenly became "lucid" in a dream, but everything was fuzzy and, well, disappointing. So i tried to yell "Clarity!" i did this about 7 times, but something strange happened. you know how when you yawn, your ears sometimes make that crackle/whoosh sound? well, i heard that sound, but it was loud and all throughout my dreamscape. also, i couldn't really control the dream. like, i kept screaming "I'm dreaming!" and couldn't really control it at all, even though a small part of me knew i should chill out. i woke up, then fell asleep, and IMMEDIATELY upon slumber, i fell into a "lucid dream." were those even real lucid dreams? or dreams about lucid dreams? and what was with that sound i heard? was it just something weird that my dream came up with?

next, i have another issue with lucid dreaming. OK, so last night, i had another dream that involved killer spiders. only difference was that this time it was not a black widow. i digress. anyway, i became genuinely lucid that night, i think, but as with my first lucid experience, it wasn't clear. nothing POPPED into focus, or whatever it was Rebecca said it should be like. something weird though, i wasn't SUPER excited that i was lucid.....? :| anyway, but like my first lucid dream, it didn't last long. I clearly recall waking up too early. while waking up, i could "feel" the dream being pulled away, painfully slowly, like honey dripping. (anyone else have this happen?) anyway, it was kinda like i willfully woke up. combine that, with the fact that i wasn't excited at all, and i get the feeling that I've kind of given up hope on successful lucid dreams. anyone answer these?
~All men, whilst they are awake, are in one common world...but each of them, when he is asleep, is in a world of his own.~
--Plutarch

R99

Re: QUESTIONS ABOUT WEIRD NIGHTIME EXPERIENCES

Postby R99 » 12 Mar 2013 07:48

Ender_brine wrote:OK, first of all, lucid dreaming isn't being easy on me. I had my first one on Christmas night, 2012 (its a Christmas miracle!.) then a few months later, something strange happened. I suddenly became "lucid" in a dream, but everything was fuzzy and, well, disappointing. So i tried to yell "Clarity!" i did this about 7 times, but something strange happened. you know how when you yawn, your ears sometimes make that crackle/whoosh sound? well, i heard that sound, but it was loud and all throughout my dreamscape. also, i couldn't really control the dream. like, i kept screaming "I'm dreaming!" and couldn't really control it at all, even though a small part of me knew i should chill out. i woke up, then fell asleep, and IMMEDIATELY upon slumber, i fell into a "lucid dream." were those even real lucid dreams? or dreams about lucid dreams? and what was with that sound i heard? was it just something weird that my dream came up with?

next, i have another issue with lucid dreaming. OK, so last night, i had another dream that involved killer spiders. only difference was that this time it was not a black widow. i digress. anyway, i became genuinely lucid that night, i think, but as with my first lucid experience, it wasn't clear. nothing POPPED into focus, or whatever it was Rebecca said it should be like. something weird though, i wasn't SUPER excited that i was lucid.....? :| anyway, but like my first lucid dream, it didn't last long. I clearly recall waking up too early. while waking up, i could "feel" the dream being pulled away, painfully slowly, like honey dripping. (anyone else have this happen?) anyway, it was kinda like i willfully woke up. combine that, with the fact that i wasn't excited at all, and i get the feeling that I've kind of given up hope on successful lucid dreams. anyone answer these?

first of all, welcome to the group. u just found a miracle term that not everybody knows about it. and about ur dream experience good, u r trying to get in to the dream and u did good. but i dont know how much effort u r trying to get in to LD. and how long u r trying to get in to LD. if u using CAT method u need to have very normal sleep cycle. if u r going to quit on LD, without effort i say u r lazy. u r a beginner i think. and u should learn about it more b4 quitting on it. do u know the basic method for LD? my first LD just 5 second long. i know its frustrating. its one year ago, now i have longer and cleaner dreams ever week. i even spend over one hour in LD. try using MILD. its bit frustrating, but u will get ur first good LD in one month, IF u r really in to it. ur not excited bcoz u dont know much about LD. and again one beginner to another DO NOT QUIT ON ANYTHING B4 KNOWING IT PROPERLY. take ur time coz u sleep every night, its not that hard. ;)
I see the Truth now.

Ender_brine

Postby Ender_brine » 12 Mar 2013 18:29

Thank you! I like to use the WBTB method because its really easy and simple. But MILD sounds interesting, I think I will work on it soon :) oh and I have one more question regarding the B6 pill. It doesn't seem to affect my dreams. In fact, if anything, it's dulling my dreams. Probably not, but I'm just saying. I read somewhere that I should take it about 2 hours before falling asleep (but sometimes it ends up being taken only 1 hour before sleep.) should I be taking it the way I have been, or right before I fall asleep?

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image
~All men, whilst they are awake, are in one common world...but each of them, when he is asleep, is in a world of his own.~
--Plutarch

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 12 Mar 2013 18:54

Lucid dreams happen with various levels of waking consciousness in them.. one reason why some may not get excited is that thou they are aware its a dream, their normal waking consciousness may not be "fully" there so they just arent acting like they usually would and not really feeling very excited if they are fairly new at it that they have managed to become lucid.

Ive personally never tried the yelling "clarity now!" thing (Ive got to try that some time to see if it works for me) .. as there are lots of different ways to try to bring the dream in better and if one method dont work for you, you need to try another method (rather then keep doing something which is failing for you). One way I bring in clarity if the dream isnt well formed is to look a an area of the dream in which interests me and start heading towards it (last time I did this there was a darker shadowy area there which I knew was something but the dream wasnt clear enough at all to know what it was). As I focus on the shadowy area and move towards it, it can come into focus to the point where I see something in the dream (in my case it turned out to be a door which I then was able to enter and was then in the dream well).

The popping/whooshing sounds you heard may of been the things people often hear between sleep/wake states.. if you werent deep in the dream the sounds may of been intruding upon it. These would of stopped if you ignored them and didnt let them bother you (where if they are bothering you.. they will usually get louder or mess the dream up for you.. the way to get rid of them is to focus on other things and ignore those sounds). What one focuses on in a dream usually intensifies.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

Return to “For Beginners”