So real, boyfriend go into bed with me this morning. Anyone

Tell us about your first lucid dream - and your latest. We want all the juicy details. Also share results of dream challenge experiments.
elioelio

So real, boyfriend go into bed with me this morning. Anyone

Postby elioelio » 11 Mar 2013 15:00

Hi there, I'm new here but I've have quite a few lucid dreams before. I've never intentionally tried to have a lucid dream, but I absolutely love it, but this morning was one that really freaked me out.

My boyfriend got up and went to work this morning but I didn't have to go to work today so gave myself a lie in. I was in and out of sleep, and half had my eyes closed when someone got into bed next to me. The duvet lifted and I felt the warmth of someone.I couldn't move. I was scared but it felt like my boyfriend so calmed down a bit. He put his arms round me and kissed my neck. I could feel his breath and feel his fingernails and veins on his hand, we played with each others fingers. All the while I felt totally awake - looking out at my bedroom. I spoke to him - asked if it was him and he said yes. I knew this was a dream and was worried that he might turn into someone nasty, so I told him I loved him and he said it back. It was very very real. I could feel every hair on his head, and the hair on his arms. The voice and the breath were real. I couldn't move my upper body so asked him if he could show himself - if I could see him. I felt him shake his head and said 'no'. It happened twice before I was fully awake, both for a couple of minutes at least. I woke up feeling awful - and still do feel really weird. Almost violated.

I have had this before, when I was ill and lying in a hostel bed. I could feel someone behind me, but this was before I had my boyfriend so it was pretty scary.They licked the back of my neck - it was horrible.

Another thing that happened this morning... I heard voices, very close to me. I could pin point them in the room. I heard my uncle talking. Not to me. I tried to listen to what he was saying but I really can't remember what it was. I actually tried to make them swear (!) but I couldn't change what they were saying.

All this makes me wonder at the power of the brain! It's amazing that the brain can conjure up a real person - its like the whole world is the construct of the brain. Makes me wonder how real everything actually is! And the people talking - I'm thinking these must have been real conversations my subconscious has remembered - even though I've never remembered what my uncle has said verbatim.

I can now totally see why many people think they've seen or felt ghosts -or heard people talking to them. I've googled 'ghost got into bed with me' and quite a few things have come up where people have experienced arms around them - but assumed it was a ghost. If I didn't know any better...

Anyone experienced anything like this? (I'll note here - this all happened without me trying). Love to hear about it.

R99

Re: So real, boyfriend go into bed with me this morning. Any

Postby R99 » 12 Mar 2013 08:12

first, WOW, it is a great dream experience. its like u have natural dream expertise. and about realism of dreams it is possible, some times u cant tell the difference in dream and real world. and its just like real. i had this dream (not LD) that i kissed by a girl and i felt the warmth of her lip, and i heard her heart beats its extremely real. she was in real love with me i can tell (even if i never had that kind of experience in real life) with that dream i felt what is real love is. it is intense and i woke by shock and tear in my eyes. i cannot go to sleep for couple of hours. i was energized with this dream. :shock: and u r saying u got this experience without proper training of LD, u must start ur experiment with LD now. u dont know what u r missing. gud luck...
I see the Truth now.

elioelio

Postby elioelio » 12 Mar 2013 15:01

Yeah I guess I could be missing something. I'm had many lucid dreams before where I've touched people - held hands etc and it was totally real. I've tasted and smelt things. I've kissed people. Recently I've been having more lucid dreams. But I'm also sleeping really badly and having I think way too much REM sleep. I've started to suffer from anxiety and stress and this may be the reason. So the two are not going well hand in hand at the moment! Maybe I could learn to control it a feel good about it...

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 13 Mar 2013 00:08

Any chance this was something more then just a LD? Does your boyfriend ever take a nap at work? Could he have been asleep there at the time and been thinking of you home in bed, wishing he was there too? Ive had other thoughts intrude on me in strange ways like that (not a going in my bed one thou but other things) even when awake and out of bed and have felt the people due to exactly what they were thinking at the time.

Of cause it could of also just been an ordinary LD. :D

Ive had quite a few experiences of people crawling in bed with me and yes they do feel just like they are physically doing it. Some I let climb in..others I dont, depends on who and what they are :) .

The person I had doing that the most to me was a quadruplegic guy who I used to care for and have to sleep near too. Thou he couldnt physically move at all only his face, he was very out of body active and interactive when he was doing so (more then Ive found other people to be) and ended up trying to climb into bed with me a few times.

A past boyfriend of mine.. I knew what he was physically like before I'd physically seen him at all (only knew him from online) as he astrally ended up with me and I got to know his body and his love making before we physically met :) . I was like "wow" the first time we physically done things as it was exactly the same, touched and held in all the same ways.

Another who once ended up in my bed with me was my 13? year old son Nathaniel from centuries ago (16th? century)... he used to sleep on a straw bed. He loved the feel of the beds we have now and just layed there snuggling up with me.

Then there are scary things which havent tried to climb into bed as such but more so tried to rape or sexually tempt me.... demon incubuses. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Incubus. (Ive personallly found these are usually weak demons and not something most need to be scared of.. easy to get rid of). I had sex with them a few times when in my bed.. I just kept my eyes shut so I didnt have to look at them!! haha ) but their energy just leaves one feeling contaminated and very yucky even when one gets up out of bed after. So i put a stop to those uninvited night visitors I was using for sexual relief when they showed up.

I had another incubus hide in my energy field which gave me horrid sexual nightmares for several days till I realised it was there cause my hand bumped it when I was having a coffee at a healer friends house (I can feel the astral with my hands in real life), causing it to move/trying to hide. Her and I then got rid of it via auric sweeping the shamanic way with an eagle feather... the incubus suddenly came out of me... making us BOTH jump as WE both saw it come out and go across her yard. It went over her back fence.. note.. this was during the day).

I cant remember right now if Ive had any LDs thou of this.. mine have been astral experiences thou still while in my physical body. Either way.. I like these experiences (keeps life interesting and are "not usually" scared by them :D )
Last edited by taniaaust1 on 13 Mar 2013 00:33, edited 2 times in total.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

Jack Reacher

Postby Jack Reacher » 13 Mar 2013 00:23

It sounds like you might have slipped into sleep paralysis, I find those "dreams" to be the most interesting because they feel so real. You say you couldn't move, it also seems like you felt a bit of fear as you didn't know if it was a stranger or not. My hypothesis is that the brain creates a new situation to explain why you cant move when you slip into sleep paralysis, as it is increidbly traumatic to not be able to move, to be locked in your own body.

I mean imagine if we didn't have these dreams when we woke up in sleep paralysis, it would be horrible not being able to turn your head or do anything at all without knowing why.

In fact I believe these aren't even dreams, more like hallucinations. Its almost like it is actually real, your brain has to create this new projected world extremely quickly to explain why you cant move, and it all depends on the individual really. There is an interesting article on this site that says this why people used to think they were abducted by aliens, because it seemed plausible to them. Others like me, I usually have a lone figure standing in my doorway, surrounded by darkness, and im usually paralysed by fear and dont move.

However if I realise it is sleep paralysis because I planned, prepared for it, I can usually use it to my advantage to create an astral body and get up and walk around the room. Its an incredibly straneg feeling to suddenly walk around in your room in a new projected body and know what you are experiencing is both unreal and real at the same time, sometimes you fall out of bed and then appear your bed, sometimes its just to wack to explain.

EDIT: I just had a strange thought about this hullucination hypothesis, sorry for going a bit off topic with this but your dream has given me an interesting idea. What if this wasn't really a dream, but you were actually awake on your bed and your boyfriend or stranger was really just a hullucination? Because you weren't in a dream, it sort of explains why people say these dreams feel so real, maybe because they are real, but parts of it are not, they are hullucinations.

This leads me to a very interesting thought, what if you were to wake up in sleep paralysis and hullucinate not a dream character, but hullucinate yourself walking across the room. What if this is the astral projection/out of body experience people claim to experience. Its quite a strange idea, that we are hullucinating ourselves walk around a real environment, and your ability to actually walk around in this environment depends on how well you know what goes on in it. The interesting question is, what happens when you interact with it? Is that interaction experience with a random object also another hullucination?
Last edited by Jack Reacher on 13 Mar 2013 00:33, edited 1 time in total.
"There is theoretical abstraction, and then there is true abstraction."

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 13 Mar 2013 00:31

Jack Reacher wrote: I mean imagine if we didn't have these dreams when we woke up in sleep paralysis, it would be horrible not being able to turn your head or do anything at all without knowing why.

Its not actually scary or horrid having sleep paralyses and not knowing why. When i get sleep paralyses.. I usually dont see anything at all and just have the paralyses. It isnt scary cause I know its just sleep paralyses and hence it will pass as soon as I manage to break the state with a toe (which sometimes can take a while).

I dont understand why people who know what this state is, would get scared about if they find themselves in it.

Jack Reacher

Postby Jack Reacher » 13 Mar 2013 00:39

taniaaust1 wrote:
Jack Reacher wrote: I mean imagine if we didn't have these dreams when we woke up in sleep paralysis, it would be horrible not being able to turn your head or do anything at all without knowing why.

Its not actually scary or horrid having sleep paralyses and not knowing why. When i get sleep paralyses.. I usually dont see anything at all and just have the paralyses. It isnt scary cause I know its just sleep paralyses and hence it will pass as soon as I manage to break the state with a toe (which sometimes can take a while).

I dont understand why people who know what this state is, would get scared about if they find themselves in it.

I am a bit confused, you say its not horrid if you dont know why you are paralysed, yet you explain why because you know why you are paralysed.

I agree with you, like I said before if you prepare for sleep paralysis and expect it coming then you can use it to your advantage. However im talking about those who might even know about it, but are simply not expecting it. In that very first second when you are lying in bed and you try to move but cant, I think thats when the brain goes into trauma, before you even consciously realise that you cant move. To save your consciousness from experiencing being paralysed in your own bed while you are awake, I think it very quickly generates these new hullucinations, I think this is the buzzing sound people hear as well.
"There is theoretical abstraction, and then there is true abstraction."

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 13 Mar 2013 01:06

Jack Reacher wrote:I am a bit confused, you say its not horrid if you dont know why you are paralysed, yet you explain why because you know why you are paralysed.

I agree with you, like I said before if you prepare for sleep paralysis and expect it coming then you can use it to your advantage. However im talking about those who might even know about it, but are simply not expecting it. In that very first second when you are lying in bed and you try to move but cant, I think thats when the brain goes into trauma, before you even consciously realise that you cant move. To save your consciousness from experiencing being paralysed in your own bed while you are awake, I think it very quickly generates these new hullucinations, I think this is the buzzing sound people hear as well.

sorry I confused by my post. I meant i dont know the "whys" of why Im paralysed but the just knowing of what it is.. knowing that its just sleep paralyses.. makes it not scary. The whys of it isnt needed.

Its something I only get on rare occassions..so not something I expect to happen (I myself dont tend to get paralyses before I WILD so rarely get paralyses). All I was trying to say is that many people get sleep paralyses without getting the other stuff happening thou that's very common with it.

I misunderstood your post.. I'd thought you had been saying that people always get scared with sleep paralyses unless their brains were making up images to try to explain it, But im sayin it doesnt scare those who know what it is (even if you dont know the why it happens) so I guess we are on the same thoughts with this then.

Return to “Share Your Lucid Dreams”