Astral projection frustrations.

Discuss paranormal activity linked with sleep and dreams, such as out of body experiences, astral projection and psychic dreams.
boardsenseless

Astral projection frustrations.

Postby boardsenseless » 12 Mar 2013 11:39

I have had a couple of impromptu OBEs and have recently started to try anbd induce an OBE consciously. I plug into a brainwave entrainment recording, lay down, close my eyes and concentrate on my breathing. As i do this I try to repeat positive affirmations like "my body asleep now, my mind awake." I often feel close but then my mind either starts racing with conscious thoughts and ruins it or a fall asleep. On the couple of occasions I have woken up in paralysis and felt myself start to leave my body I get stuck half in and half out and then snap out of it. Last night I had the best attempt yet. I was doing all of the above and suddenly saw a tunnel or portal before my eyes, so I concentrated on entering it and found myself flying through the portal and could see the silhouetted shapes of large fish floating above me as I trvelled through this portal, however I didn't feel 100% lucid at this point and was still aware of my eyes. Suddenly I foundmyslef in what may have been an Astral bar and there was someone, or something, sitting there ready to talk to me but I couldn't really make out any detail. As I concentrated on trying to clrify the image I woke up in paralysis, I could feel the vibrations and hear the buzzing and it felt like my legs were floating up out of my body, which is odd because they're usually the part that gets stuck. I could feel myself start to rotate laterally and the I started to roll over but just as I thought felt i was about to leave my body completely I snapped out of it. I was having trouble with my breathing and was concentrating really hard on not choking and not breathing too deeply while it was happening. I felt pretty stoked that I got so close but really frustrated once again that I had failed, seemingly twice, to completely project. Would anyone have any advice on how to take this up to the next level? Thanks

taniaaust1

Re: Astral projection frustrations.

Postby taniaaust1 » 13 Mar 2013 02:32

It sounds as if you are doing well and getting there... I think you just need to have patience with it. It sounds as if you need more practice to stay relaxed esp when something is happening. You are so so close.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

boardsenseless

Postby boardsenseless » 13 Mar 2013 09:36

Thanks for your support. Would you have any tips on things I could do to help me relax more? Anything I should or should not be concentrating on while these things are happening? Cheers

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 15 Mar 2013 08:56

Im not sure if I can offer any helpful suggestions as It may be just a matter of getting used to the feelings and not emotionally reacting to them.. maintaining the same level of calmness

I could feel myself start to rotate laterally and the I started to roll over but just as I thought felt i was about to leave my body completely I snapped out of it. I was having trouble with my breathing and was concentrating really hard on not choking and not breathing too deeply while it was happening.

Why was you having trouble with the breathing? When Im doing this stuff I occassionally get in trouble with my breathing feeling like Im going to choke.. as I do my OBES while laying on my back, I think the saliva must build up or something?? but have found that if I position myself differently.. with parts of pillow under my neck more so my head is tilted back slightly more (not enough to make me uncomfortable) I can then not get the feeling like Im going to choke.

Maybe you should of gone along with allowing yourself to breath deeply if that is what your body was wanting to do??? maybe the too much focus on it pulled you out, I dont know.. sorry you'll going to have to experiment and work out what is best for you.

You could try some progressive body relaxation for 5-10 mins before putting on the brain wave entertainment to try to be in an even deeper relaxed body state. Progressive relaxation is where a person lays and from head eg starting at forehead working way down to toes .. goes throu each body part clenching and releasing it.. and telling it to relax, clenching and releasing the body part till it does. Making sure every part of you is relaxed well.

When you are in a deep state with things happening (your body loosened) you could also think of rolling and imagine yourself doing it in a first person way of it (dont imagine watching yourself roll but think of actually doing it). Some find that imagining a rope above them and climbing out of body works for them.

boardsenseless

Postby boardsenseless » 15 Mar 2013 14:10

Thanks so much for the feedback. I have had many paralysis episodes but Tue breathing issues are a brand new phenomena to me. I am usually on my back and my previous OBEs occured while I lay on my back. I had to concentrate on my breathing very hard because it was becoming so shallow I couldn't breath and I know from past experience if I take a big, deep breath it wakes me up. I must just be tensing up too much now that I am trying so hard to control it. I'll try the relaxation technique, thanks again.

[ Post made via Android ] Image

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 17 Mar 2013 05:57

boardsenseless wrote: I had to concentrate on my breathing very hard because it was becoming so shallow I couldn't breath and I know from past experience if I take a big, deep breath it wakes me up.]

It sounds as if your mind is playing some tricks on you. You arent just going to stop breathing even if you feel like it.. we naturally breath, awake or asleep.. you need to try to convince yourself of that next time.. the shallow breathing thing that you are having trouble breathing is actually an illusion which seems real (just like we can get so many other illusions when we hit the state right between awake and sleep instead of a visual one, you are getting a feeling one). Its your subconsciousness doing this to you and its fooling you.

As this is being caused by a half awake/asleep state.. I suggest to treat it as a dream issue and next time use your mind to stop the feeling like you are breathing too shallow. One way to do that would be to think of yourself having an oxygen tank on.. use your thoughts to counteract the tricks your subconsciousness is playing on you which are putting blocks in the way of your LD. Ive used the thinking of myself with oxygen tank when I was having a LD where I was underwater and couldnt breath and was starting to drown. It worked for me well.

That fact that you are getting your subconsciousness manifesting things to you in a real like way (so real you arent even aware that your issue is part of a dream and mistaking for reality :D ) is a good sign.. the breathing issue itself is dream stuff. You just need to learn to control the dream manifestations coming in and that is done throu the mind with your own counteracting thoughts.

Dont be at all surprised if your subconsicousness is trying to sabortage your LD attempts for it to go and create a reason why your breathing is shallow eg it could create something like the situation of a being sitting on your chest. You need to put up your own thoughts to counteract anything your subconsciousness throws at you while in state between sleep and awake. Just remember.. nothing can harm you.. its all your subconciousness doing this to you.

boardsenseless

Postby boardsenseless » 17 Mar 2013 07:37

Another brilliant suggestion thank you. I'll let you know what happens next time I'm in the state. Cheers

oliverclay

Postby oliverclay » 02 Apr 2013 07:02

boardsenseless wrote:Another brilliant suggestion thank you. I'll let you know what happens next time I'm in the state. Cheers

Finally you agree on one thing.

boardsenseless

Postby boardsenseless » 19 Apr 2013 09:49

I had another semi OBE experience this morning. I was listening to some Isochronic Tones and trying to meditate myself into a state of deep relaxation. I was repeating in my head "My body asleep now but my mind is awake" and "I am ore than my physical body". Eventually I slipped into a kind of light sleep and must have been dreaming because I thought I was laying semi clothed on a sofa in the front room and could feel the presence of one of my work colleagues, as though he was guiding me into this. Suddenly I felt the vibrations come on and my lower body lifted up out of my body. At this point I tried to relax and go with it but as my legs lifted up I seemed to become tense, almost as though I was getting anxious about leaving my body which is weird because I want it really bad. At this point I became aware of my very loud snoring too, which isn't normal for me. So, I tried to control my breathing and relax, I even tried telling myself to leave my body and that there's nothing to worry about. Suddenly I felt my throat fill up with mucus and I coughed which snapped me out of this state. I felt pretty good afterwards because I was so close but, again, frustrated that I had failed to completely project. It's obvious that my subconscious is holding me back for some reason but I don't know why. Maybe I'm just not ready for this yet?

Highlander

Postby Highlander » 19 Apr 2013 12:36

At what time of day/night do you guys do OBE's? Is there any best time to do this or it depends on every person?

Return to “Paranormal Activity”