Did I join a dream with another lucid person?!

Tell us about your first lucid dream - and your latest. We want all the juicy details. Also share results of dream challenge experiments.
Lewisfranklin

Did I join a dream with another lucid person?!

Postby Lewisfranklin » 13 Mar 2013 00:40

Hey guys, I just wanted to share a dream that was quite recent and rather unusual. It involved much lucidity and completely reshaped how I saw lucidity. As this time instead of using it to create and learn, I was using it to defend myself and retaliate attacks from a very dark and powerful man!

Basically the dream became lucid when I was running through a factory. The factory was made pretty much entirely of metal and it resembled some sort of space ship. Strange machines and whatnot filled each room that I ran through. I remember I was running through the hallways of the factory, not for no reason. It appeared the doors were closing on me and this is how my lucidity began mainly out of my fear. It seemed I was running from a nightmare when I was non lucid, yet when I turned lucid the nightmare did not stop. I remember I dived into one room! I just scraped the giant metal doors that violently slammed shut behind me almost crushing me. I tumbled into a large metal room with pretty much empty space. It was just all metal and rather distracting. I didn't stare for too long however as I didn't want to lose focus on the thing that was actually trying to kill me.

This man, no idea who he was. He was middle aged. Not very threatening to me from first glance. Though for some reason the man was flying? He was glowing green and black magic basically and he hovered above me looking down smiling. I can't explain it but it almost felt like he was another lucid person. (Most likely not but that's what came to mind when I felt his presence. The dream most likely made me think that to make this nightmare seem all the more intimidating.) but its still what I believed then and now.

The man didn't seem to actually want to harm me though? he was more exploring the factory himself yet he kept closing the doors on me as if to say this is his factory and he wants to explore it alone. I was actually quite mad at this man, he almost killed me while I was non lucid, and I knew now that I was lucid I could defend myself. I remember the man hovering there, he remained this way for a while he stared at me and I stared back. Then suddenly I remember he shot some strange lightning bolt at me and I evaded by darting to the left. the lightning struck the wall of the factory and a buzzing sound came from the wall with impact. I was furious!

Then suddenly I sub consciously brought a family member of mine into the situation. My family member was actually visiting in reality the next day so that's most likely why I chose him to be involved. Though the weird part is I chose him out of the entire family. If I brought family there why were they not all standing by my side? Instead it was just my cousin Joe. I remember he shot fire out of his fists and they surged towards this flying man. He looked at me in rage then evaded the blasts, then I remember he seemed to flip my view of the situation. I knew I wasn't doing it! I was looking up at myself, then down, then sideways he kept messing with my focus! That's when I became non lucid again :\ I remember images of the fight that seemed to go on all night in one big dream!

The reason why I am posting this is because I honestly feel like this man was not of my creation. He was just as powerful as me and despite my efforts he outwitted me when it was supposed to be my dream? so now I am just wondering if perhaps this man was another lucid dreamer? maybe not lucid he might just be dreaming but I knew he was not supposed to be in this situation with me. Any ideas on what it could be?

(Please stop arguing about this readers! we all have different views it doesn't matter if one believes something else. Just don't argue, the mind is a confusing thing and no one can fully understand it yet.)
Last edited by Lewisfranklin on 16 Mar 2013 01:55, edited 2 times in total.

taniaaust1

Re: Did I join a dream with another lucid person?!

Postby taniaaust1 » 13 Mar 2013 00:55

People CAN and Do at times enter others dreams some rare people (eg some yogis etc) are even capable of consciously doing this. I once had a spontanous mutal dream with my daughter.. we both dreamed exactly the same thing together, each playing our own part of the dream. She'd screamed for help her in the dream (obviously her energy had at that point reached out for me and pulled me in) and I'd ended up then in her dream. We both then woke up from the same dream at the same time.

It seemed I was running from a nightmare when I was non lucid, yet when I turned lucid the nightmare did not stop.

It probably didnt stop as you became conscious while experiencing a fear state and probably didnt let that adrenaline and fear state go..hence the scary dream continued on. What you think in a dream, even a LD... you create. In a fear dream state.. it would be easy to think something is real when it isnt, fear makes it harder to judge things... that being said who knows.. it is possible for another to enter your dream thou I dont know how common that is.

Next time try confronting the person.. that's best if the person is real or isnt real. (if you confront and they still seem real, see if you can get their name so you can later try to contact them physically).
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

Jack Reacher

Postby Jack Reacher » 13 Mar 2013 06:02

taniaaust1 wrote:People CAN and Do at times enter others dreams some rare people (eg some yogis etc) are even capable of consciously doing this.

This is a really bold claim, do you have any non anecdotal evidence to support this? Its a bit of a leap to say you believe that people can do it, which is all very well, to going around telling people that its actually true.
"There is theoretical abstraction, and then there is true abstraction."

Worldenterer1

Postby Worldenterer1 » 14 Mar 2013 02:12

taniaaust1 wrote:People CAN and Do at times enter others dreams some rare people (eg some yogis etc) are even capable of consciously doing this.

ehhh, no they kinda cant...
Lucid Dream Count: 10
Normal Dream Count: 100+
Goal for next LD: Think with portals.

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 14 Mar 2013 13:29

Hi, Lewisfranklin!

Just because you are lucid in a dream it doesn't mean that you will always have absolute control over what happens. An array of emotions can be present, doubts can flare up in our minds, fear can also be irrationally overwhelming even if we understand our situation. All these factors and others can explain why a dream person, despite being an element of the mind, can still overpower the dreamer.

If we postulate the unlikely presence of other lucid dreamers in our lucid dreams then we also have to give credibility to the infeasibility that the people who overpower us in our ordinary dreams are real, objective sentient beings.

taniaaust1 said:
it would be easy to think something is real when it isnt, fear makes it harder to judge things... that being said who knows.. it is possible for another to enter your dream thou I dont know how common that is.

Where do you base your claims? Where is that certainty coming from?
"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 15 Mar 2013 01:35

Summerlander wrote:taniaaust1 said:
it would be easy to think something is real when it isnt, fear makes it harder to judge things... that being said who knows.. it is possible for another to enter your dream thou I dont know how common that is.

Jack Reacher wrote:

This is a really bold claim, do you have any non anecdotal evidence to support this? Its a bit of a leap to say you believe that people can do it, which is all very well, to going around telling people that its actually true.

I say this not just based on things Ive read and reports on things yogi's do (Ive known many yogi's over the years as I was had involvement in that area and had a yogi teacher and knew many of them so I do have some idea of things yogis can do eg they can do things like telepathy too and Ive experienced that as well).. but I too have had a shared dream hence I KNOW based on my own experience a shared dream is possible, thou for me and the other who shared the dream with me.. it was a spontanous experience for us... I myself do not know how to trigger off a shared dream (same dream) between two people but there are others who can. Sorry I do not know how to give you the same experience so you can know that shared dreams etc are possible (and if I did know, I wouldnt be wanting to go into anothers mind for the reason of just proving something like this).

Somewhere on this website I have already shared my past shared dream I had with my daughter (which happened a very long time ago now). I dont feel like typing this one experience Ive had with shared dreaming out again but maybe you can find it here if you want to read it. I subconciously spontanously entered her dream when she needed help in her dream (she was screaming in her dream..not outloud in real life), saved her from an attack and we both then woke up from the dream at the same movement.

Ive also read about some shamans having this ability too (so it isnt just a yogi skill).

It is quite possible with telepathy to put a thought into anothers head too .. so I suppose using that one can also influence anothers dreams and make oneself appear in them. (I know it is possible re telepathy to put a thought in anothers mind was I have had experiences with that too as Ive met a few people over the years who were telepathic (a couple of them were quite advanced in this skill so it was a natural thing for them) and had a few small telepathic experiences myself).

Hence my own certaincy when I speak.

Jack Reacher

Postby Jack Reacher » 15 Mar 2013 02:56

taniaaust1 wrote:
Summerlander wrote:taniaaust1 said:

Jack Reacher wrote:

I say this not just based on things Ive read and reports on things yogi's do (Ive known many yogi's over the years as I was had involvement in that area and had a yogi teacher and knew many of them so I do have some idea of things yogis can do eg they can do things like telepathy too and Ive experienced that as well).. but I too have had a shared dream hence I KNOW based on my own experience a shared dream is possible, thou for me and the other who shared the dream with me.. it was a spontanous experience for us... I myself do not know how to trigger off a shared dream (same dream) between two people but there are others who can. Sorry I do not know how to give you the same experience so you can know that shared dreams etc are possible (and if I did know, I wouldnt be wanting to go into anothers mind for the reason of just proving something like this).

Somewhere on this website I have already shared my past shared dream I had with my daughter (which happened a very long time ago now). I dont feel like typing this one experience Ive had with shared dreaming out again but maybe you can find it here if you want to read it. I subconciously spontanously entered her dream when she needed help in her dream (she was screaming in her dream..not outloud in real life), saved her from an attack and we both then woke up from the dream at the same movement.

Ive also read about some shamans having this ability too (so it isnt just a yogi skill).

It is quite possible with telepathy to put a thought into anothers head too .. so I suppose using that one can also influence anothers dreams and make oneself appear in them. (I know it is possible re telepathy to put a thought in anothers mind was I have had experiences with that too as Ive met a few people over the years who were telepathic (a couple of them were quite advanced in this skill so it was a natural thing for them) and had a few small telepathic experiences myself).

Hence my own certaincy when I speak.

...so basically you dont have any non anecdotal evidence.

Also how can you know that you actually shared a dream with your daughter, it just doesnt seem physically possible, it doesnt make any sense at all. People claimed they experienced being abducted by aliens, yet it turns out it was all a hullucination. How can you know that it simly wasn't a similar dream you had with your daughter? How can you actually prove, even to yourself, that it was the same dream? Im sorry but its quite something to go around saying to new posters that telepathy is possible, its stuff like this that turns people away from lucid dreaming in general because of mystic bullshit like that.

lucidinthe sky

Postby lucidinthe sky » 15 Mar 2013 03:49

Jack Reacher wrote: Im sorry but its quite something to go around saying to new posters that telepathy is possible, its stuff like this that turns people away from lucid dreaming in general because of mystic bullshit like that.

Quite frankly, a lot of the "bullshit" that you post is insulting and offensive. That is what turns people away. If you are so concerned about turning people away, why don't clean up your own act before criticizing others?
Have you ever had a dream, Neo, that you were so sure was real? What if you were unable to wake from that dream? How would you know the difference between the dream world and the real world? Morpheus

Jack Reacher

Postby Jack Reacher » 15 Mar 2013 04:44

Look I know I come across a little harshly in this topic but in others I usually let people believe what they want. However this topic I feel I have to make an exception, you cant go around telling newcomers stuff like people can certainly put thoughts into other peoples minds using telepathy.

And I dont mean turning people away from this site, I mean from the topic of lucid dreaming in general.

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 15 Mar 2013 04:47

Jack Reacher wrote: Also how can you know that you actually shared a dream with your daughter, it just doesnt seem physically possible, it doesnt make any sense at all. People claimed they experienced being abducted by aliens, yet it turns out it was all a hullucination. How can you know that it simly wasn't a similar dream you had with your daughter? How can you actually prove, even to yourself, that it was the same dream? Im sorry but its quite something to go around saying to new posters that telepathy is possible, its stuff like this that turns people away from lucid dreaming in general because of mystic bullshit like that.

Cause daughter and I woke up at exactly the same moment..her calling to me due to the "nightmare" she had and when we discussed it all (we spent a good 5 mins talking about it together).. we'd had exactly the same dream. The dream wasnt just "similar".. the only thing which was different was we each had it in our own prospective view eg her as experiencing it from her in the dream and me as experiencing what had happened from the "me" in the dream. Most people who are abducted by aliens do not have another who was there too witnessing it!! (that being said I do believe in alien abduction too as many people do, Im not too sure if they can happen physically thou).

How can you prove most of the things you did yesterday happened?? its no different... another or others may help confirm if they had same experience with you.

My post and my mention of telepathy was in response to people including yourself asking me why I was saying what I was.. so I explained, you asked me openly on the board so I answered openly. I suggest to not question why Im saying what I do if you dont like my answers to them being here as Im going to answer if questioned as I dont really care how weird it sounds to you.. its my reality (or if you are worried what Im posting publically, next time ask me by pm). Im not here to earn brownie points with people but to discuss LD and also work on my own LDing. Just be aware that Im not one to just believe something written in a book so dont get my beliefs from places like that and truely believe the things Im saying as my experiences may be different to many and if Im strongly suggesting a view.. I have my experiences in why I believe it.

People all have different beliefs and different reasons for those beliefs. Everyone doesnt just believe as you yourself do. People all have their own experiences and realities based on those.
Last edited by taniaaust1 on 15 Mar 2013 05:01, edited 4 times in total.

Return to “Share Your Lucid Dreams”