Best way to ask the dream

How to control and prolong lucid dreams, increase the intensity, work with dream characters, and communicate with the subconscious.
Guitar48300

Best way to ask the dream

Postby Guitar48300 » 13 Mar 2013 20:12

I hear many people talking about when they want something in the dream they simply "ask the dream" for what they want. What's the proper way to do that if any? Can you just think the request? Do you need to shout the question? Or maybe just ask the dream at a normal volume? Does it matter how loud or quiet you ask?
Roxas: Did you have fun chatting with the ghosts?
Sora: You shouldn't call them "ghosts". Sure something seemed a little off but I'm sure they're still my friends

-KH Re:coded
xat.com/luciddreamers if anyone wants to use it

torakrubik

Re: Best way to ask the dream

Postby torakrubik » 13 Mar 2013 22:32

What's important when asking the dream is to expect your request to happen. If there's any doubt about you being granted your wish, it might well not happen. Volume is generally irrelevant - just thinking about your request would do. However if speaking it out loud works for you then go for it.
Dreaming is my drug

deepakkumaar97

Postby deepakkumaar97 » 14 Mar 2013 06:43

torakrubik wrote:What's important when asking the dream is to expect your request to happen. If there's any doubt about you being granted your wish, it might well not happen. Volume is generally irrelevant - just thinking about your request would do. However if speaking it out loud works for you then go for it.

Yes, expectation is the most important thing but asking louder can always help because when we say something louder it gives us confidence(in a dream, belief) and when we say something in low voice it shows our hesitance and asking your request in a low voice may not be helpful.
Do a reality check

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 14 Mar 2013 13:07

Michael Raduga goes deep in explaining how to effectively request things or even obtaining information from your subconscious mind while lucid dreaming. Have a look in his guidebook called "The Phase". Expectation of immediate effect and useful outcomes is indeed helpful but it is also important to not expect a specific imagined outcome as regards the procurement of information.
"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

Guitar48300

Postby Guitar48300 » 14 Mar 2013 18:10

Summerlander wrote:Expectation of immediate effect and useful outcomes is indeed helpful but it is also important to not expect a specific imagined outcome as regards the procurement of information.

So what you're saying is for example: I want to weild a sword. So I should ask the dream for a sword and expect to get one, but I shouldnt expect what type I'll get, or where I want it to appear.

Is this what you mean by specific imagined outcome?
Roxas: Did you have fun chatting with the ghosts?
Sora: You shouldn't call them "ghosts". Sure something seemed a little off but I'm sure they're still my friends

-KH Re:coded
xat.com/luciddreamers if anyone wants to use it

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 14 Mar 2013 20:51

Precisely! You can request a sword but you don't have to imagine what type, shape or colour... unless, of course, you want a specific one. But know that your mental resources are more than enough and extend beyond your expectations.

Expectation is paramount when you make wishes while lucid dreaming. But, when it comes to communication with dream characters, especially when we are dealing with questions and we want answers to problems, we should not imagine what the character will say or we risk interfering with valuable information from the subconscious mind. We want to keep that channel of communication clear.

So, for example, we can ask a dream character how we can make a work project more interesting that will increase the chances of our boss giving us a raise, but we should not expect a particular response from the character in order not to bias it. We are trying to tap into things that we wouldn't normally think of and lucid dreaming brings us closer to the realm that occasionally churns out those eureka moments.

It also helps if the character seems relevant to the type of information you wish to obtain. For example, if you are trying to solve a scientific puzzle, it makes sense to summon Einstein in a lucid dream and discuss it with him. You want the information to be reliable and applicable/verifiable in the real world too. You can also test the veracity of your dream characters by asking the same question twice but rephrasing it differently.

Test questions can help you to distinguish the intelligent ones from the simpletons/zombies. Ask something like what 2+2 is. If they give you a nonsensical reply, ditch them and find another one in the great expectation that it will be able to communicate with you more logically and intelligently.
"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

deepakkumaar97

Postby deepakkumaar97 » 15 Mar 2013 08:12

Summerlander wrote:It also helps if the character seems relevant to the type of information you wish to obtain. For example, if you are trying to solve a scientific puzzle, it makes sense to summon Einstein in a lucid dream and discuss it with him. You want the information to be reliable and applicable/verifiable in the real world too. You can also test the veracity of your dream characters by asking the same question twice but rephrasing it differently.

Test questions can help you to distinguish the intelligent ones from the simpletons/zombies. Ask something like what 2+2 is. If they give you a nonsensical reply, ditch them and find another one in the great expectation that it will be able to communicate with you more logically and intelligently.

Rightly said about the great minute things we should care about.
As when we summon Albert Einstein it may refer to the scientifically intelligent and logical part of our brain or subconscious and we automatically expect him to give intelligent solutions for our problems and as he is a part of our subconscious, he does so.
Do a reality check

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 15 Mar 2013 08:23

You dont need to ask the dream for anything. I just think what I want and it can just appear eg if I want to change a scary demon into a little boy. I'll just think of it doing that (I dont have to at all visualize what I want little boy to look like just think "demon change to harmless little boy", just shut my eyes and know on opening them what I wanted will be there) or if I want an icecream or something to eat.. I'll look around in my dream for it.. usually then turning I'll see a fridge/freezer or something like that in the room which I can go and get my food out of.

What is necessary for this to happen is you need to expect it will happen cause you thought it. All you need is the awareness and belief that you can create by a single thought cause its a dream. Some need to do more to help convince themself of that and will find they need to talk out loud or ask or even create something like a wand to aid them...but none of those things are really needed. All u need is the belief.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

oliverclay

Postby oliverclay » 20 Mar 2013 05:34

People have greed to want in dream, this is not good thing you need whole preparation for the final destination.

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 20 Mar 2013 10:41

oliverclay wrote:People have greed to want in dream, this is not good thing you need whole preparation for the final destination.

You care to elaborate on this? :|

- Padmasambhava

Return to “Dream Control Specifics”