Religion in dreams

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
MattG1116

Religion in dreams

Postby MattG1116 » 14 Mar 2013 00:03

Hello, I'm a new lucid dreamer and I would like to know your opinions on religion in lucid dreaming. To start off, when I say the word count, I mean "Is it just as meaningful as real life?"If you go to mass in a fully lucid dream, does it "count?" What about praying or receiving communion? Feel free to leave your opinion, and know that you are free to discuss any religious practices you partake in.

[ Post made via Android ] Image

HAGART

Re: Religion in dreams

Postby HAGART » 14 Mar 2013 04:08

If you go to mass and pray and receive communion in waking life, how does it count any more or less than doing it in a dream? Some people may be physically at church on a Sunday but their mind is tuned into a football game. (I think I saw that on the Simpsons once). But if your mind is on your religion, it shouldn't matter where you are, in bed, in church, on the moon....
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 14 Mar 2013 10:21

I would think that pray or doing any other religious thing you do, is just as valid in a LD as it is in RL.. after all it is your waking consciousness and normal choice making you are using to pray or whatever.

On the subject of religion and dreams I had what I think may of been an OBE which I found myself all of a sudden under a tree with Jesus who was giving us a sermon. What is kind of weird to me about that is I ARENT CHRISTIAN. I choose thou using like my normal waking mind to say there and listen as I thought only good advice could come from that (but then dazed out during the OBE? dream? after that so cant remember what exactly Jesus was lecturing about).

In a way this dream and also a weird experience once I had (during the day when wide awake with Jesus).. is what made me start to think there is something in SOME of that christian stuff. Kind of funny as I'd rejected all the christian stuff when a child and for 10 years into my adulthood too due to no real proof .. then those things happened. So one could say that a dream helped lead me to believing that Jesus is a real energy of some kind who truely does help people (thou I still arent christian and dont believe in a god and holy spirit like christians do).

Has anyone else had a dream which has altered their opinion a bit on religion?
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

Ender_brine

Postby Ender_brine » 31 Mar 2013 06:21

taniaaust1 wrote:I would think that pray or doing any other religious thing you do, is just as valid in a LD as it is in RL.. after all it is your waking consciousness and normal choice making you are using to pray or whatever.

On the subject of religion and dreams I had what I think may of been an OBE which I found myself all of a sudden under a tree with Jesus who was giving us a sermon. What is kind of weird to me about that is I ARENT CHRISTIAN. I choose thou using like my normal waking mind to say there and listen as I thought only good advice could come from that (but then dazed out during the OBE? dream? after that so cant remember what exactly Jesus was lecturing about).

In a way this dream and also a weird experience once I had (during the day when wide awake with Jesus).. is what made me start to think there is something in SOME of that christian stuff. Kind of funny as I'd rejected all the christian stuff when a child and for 10 years into my adulthood too due to no real proof .. then those things happened. So one could say that a dream helped lead me to believing that Jesus is a real energy of some kind who truely does help people (thou I still arent christian and dont believe in a god and holy spirit like christians do).

Has anyone else had a dream which has altered their opinion a bit on religion?

Well, lucky you! You're one of the few nonbelievers who got introduced to Christ the easy, believable way! :D congrats on escaping the jaws of Hell!

[ Post made via Android ] Image
~All men, whilst they are awake, are in one common world...but each of them, when he is asleep, is in a world of his own.~
--Plutarch

Peter

Postby Peter » 31 Mar 2013 08:28

i have no belief in anything and no belief in religion but will say that your dreams are yours and any meaning that you get or recieve is real in the sense that you have asked for it and helped to create it so enjoy and keep progressing. In the end it matters to no one else but you
Who are you I asked, the reply "dont be silly, we are your daughers" many years before they were born

Return to “For Beginners”