Problem With Sleeping

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
flairina

Re: Problem With Sleeping

Postby flairina » 14 Mar 2013 11:04

Hmm, so stop trying so hard? Why would that be causing me to wake up though?

R99

Postby R99 » 14 Mar 2013 13:44

flairina wrote:Hmm, so stop trying so hard? Why would that be causing me to wake up though?

r u using WBTB?, if u r using it, stop it for some days. if u r keeping a dream journal, stop it too for a while.

if u r trying hard, then that stress making u to wake up coz u know that waking up from a dream make an excellent dream recall ratio. am just guzzing with my opinion. but u didnt mention about ur LD method.
I see the Truth now.

flairina

Postby flairina » 15 Mar 2013 03:11

Currently, I have been attempting MILD, with SILD and FILD (still unused thus far but I plan to use it) when I wake up. WBTB wakes my family up as well so I cannot use that. Stop keeping a dream journal? Are you sure?

R99

Postby R99 » 15 Mar 2013 05:42

for a little time YES, get a vacation for two weeks from LD. dont do anything associated to LD. dont do any MILD,WILD,DILD, (watever it is).method. it works trust me. i think u r thinking about it too much. but remember this if u took vacation from LD, its easy to become lazy on this subject. so dont take long vacation just 2 weeks. trust me on this. its not that hard. am not saying to get out from this site, check it daily for just half or one hour. thats it. after this short vacation u r ready to go again.....gud luck. inform us if ur getting any changes. and COOL avatar.. :D
I see the Truth now.

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 15 Mar 2013 06:47

Have you ever been able to remember your dreams? If not.. taking a break from this probably wont help at all.

If you do remember your dreams at times but other times dont... taking a short break may be the answer as it isnt uncommon to go throu periods of poor dream recall and you may just be currently going throu one of those.

or instead of a break you could try switching techniques eg try WILD during the day if you think you could get yourself into some kind of nap state.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

PrototypeTEGTA
Location: In an alternative universe where 'peace' and 'unity' actually make sense.

Postby PrototypeTEGTA » 15 Mar 2013 14:46

taniaaust1 wrote:Have you ever been able to remember your dreams? If not.. taking a break from this probably wont help at all.

If you do remember your dreams at times but other times dont... taking a short break may be the answer as it isnt uncommon to go throu periods of poor dream recall and you may just be currently going throu one of those.

or instead of a break you could try switching techniques eg try WILD during the day if you think you could get yourself into some kind of nap state.

Okay, so before two weeks, I was able to remember 3 vivid dream a night, but since then, my dream recall dropped to the level where I can only remember really short fragments, or sometimes, even nothing at all. Do you guys think that I should also take a break from LD, as R99 suggested?
"Saying 'I have 100$' is like saying 'I have 100 inches'. Inches of what? Ropes? Books? iPads? Money can be a means and a tool to get what you want. But remember, in a camping experience, money is only good for kindling and wiping your butt."

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 16 Mar 2013 11:17

PrototypeTEGTA wrote:
taniaaust1 wrote:Have you ever been able to remember your dreams? If not.. taking a break from this probably wont help at all.

Okay, so before two weeks, I was able to remember 3 vivid dream a night, but since then, my dream recall dropped to the level where I can only remember really short fragments, or sometimes, even nothing at all. Do you guys think that I should also take a break from LD, as R99 suggested?

After a bad run and downhill turn with things for a couple of weeks, what I think is that you may need to change what you are doing now "in some way", to change the pattern that you currently are in. How you do it to invoke a different situation.. is truely up to you and I or no one else can truely tell you what may be best for you. (everyone is different). If something isnt working..try something else.. that could be to take a short break.

PrototypeTEGTA
Location: In an alternative universe where 'peace' and 'unity' actually make sense.

Postby PrototypeTEGTA » 16 Mar 2013 14:35

Thank you. I think I might take a short break for now. I estimate that a week will be enough for me. One more question, do you know any good isochronic beats? Free ones would be the best choice, but I still don't mind any others with payments.
"Saying 'I have 100$' is like saying 'I have 100 inches'. Inches of what? Ropes? Books? iPads? Money can be a means and a tool to get what you want. But remember, in a camping experience, money is only good for kindling and wiping your butt."

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 17 Mar 2013 03:09

PrototypeTEGTA wrote:Thank you. I think I might take a short break for now. I estimate that a week will be enough for me. One more question, do you know any good isochronic beats? Free ones would be the best choice, but I still don't mind any others with payments.

No i dont know as I havent ever used anything like that for dreaming...

PrototypeTEGTA

Postby PrototypeTEGTA » 17 Mar 2013 13:12

Then you should try them. They're pretty good for meditation sessions, and going deeper with your mind. From my personal preference, they were really useful to me, and brought me to trance, relaxed states.

Return to “For Beginners”