LD applications

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
deepakkumaar97

LD applications

Postby deepakkumaar97 » 12 Mar 2013 09:06

So, I was thinking what kind of amazing things we can do in LDs.
We know the common things like flying, but give your ideas to cross the limits, give your ideas on what should we do on our next LD.
In this way, we can experience many things in our LDs and set our goals for our next LD by shared ideas, everybody have their best ideas, then why not share it. :D
Do a reality check

tea

Re: LD applications

Postby tea » 12 Mar 2013 16:37

two of my biggest goals are:

- create differently colored objects (orbs or something) that -by touching- tigger specific feelings inside me.
i wonder how touching two or more simultaneously will feel like :D

- subconscious reading; quickly go through a page of text when awake and try to recall (> read) it in the dream

i have a list of thing i wanna do sorted by difficulty... i'll probably post it some day.
☺ nice, you are a curious one! come, follow me into the rabbit hole if you want to: http://lost-and-fun.tumblr. com/

deepakkumaar97

Postby deepakkumaar97 » 12 Mar 2013 17:18

tea wrote:- subconscious reading; quickly go through a page of text when awake and try to recall (> read) it in the dream

That's really a good thing to do, I was also planning this.

tea wrote:i have a list of thing i wanna do sorted by difficulty... i'll probably post it some day.

I would surely like to read it.
Do a reality check

Vonozar

Postby Vonozar » 13 Mar 2013 08:00

Tea I am adding the first thing you said to my list. That sounds so cool! :)

[ Post made via Android ] Image

tea

Postby tea » 13 Mar 2013 10:19

lucid goals
i've put them into categories as i classify them. to you, the difficulties may be different so don't take my word for it!

basics:
• flying
• breathing underwater
• find a magic carpet and observe dreamscape from above
• walking/running on water
• use a dream door for changing the scene
• check your pockets! (you'll probably find manifestations of your subconscious > interesting objects that could tell you stuff about yourself) [idea by HAGART, here's a thread about this challenge: http://world-of-lucid-dreaming.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=3541]
• NOTHING AT ALL. Just sit and look around and see what you can see. It seems like it would be boring, but something interesting always happens. It sounds like the opposite of something exciting to do in a lucid dream, but without actually trying to do anything whatsoever, interesting things will happen on their own.
But I would still suggest trying what your heart desires first and only try nothing if you run out of ideas. [idea by HAGART]
• I have a lot of things on mine which Im too scared to do in real life or just dont have the chance to. eg Firewalking, sky diving from a plane, ride a lion. [idea by taniaaust1]
• Find an unknown seed and plant it and see what grows [idea by taniaaust1]
• Ask a dream character what they represent! [idea by Highlander]
• Get drunk! [idea by lumencryster]
• Ask a dream character to tell you a secret. [idea by Highlander]
• In the middle of a busy city street, scream "We are being invaded!!" run, then watch all the DCs panic. [idea by taniaaust1]

a little harder:
• get above clouds and walk on them as if they were solid (but fluffy!) :D
• walk through a mirror (where will it take me?)
• start a conversation with my subconscious
• get a pen and draw in the air (i guess it's easier to have a pen than to just draw with my finger)
• time travel! eg prehistoric, ancient greece, ancient egypt. [idea by taniaaust1]
• teach a dream character how to fly! [idea by lucidinthe sky]
• think with portals - use a portal gun!

medium:
• shrink myself down to the size of an ant and explore nature
• again, become very small but this time ride a bumblebee
• convince a DC that they are the dreamer and you're just a DC, see how they act/follow them through "their" dream
• Make Day Turn to Night [idea by deepakkumaar97]
• Changing into other person or creature(especially birds) [idea by deepakkumaar97]
• go back in time, find a dinosaur and ride it right through a big portal into the present! :o
• make friends with a dream character and meet him/her in other lucid dreams again! eventually have some adventures and challenges together!
• meet myself and have a chat (probably by stepping into a mirror or inviting myself to the other side)
• create big cubes scattered all over a dreamscape, where (when being inside one), colors change to black and white - or other effects.
• Split the ocean like Moses on the Red Sea [idea by Highlander]

advanced:
• freeze time
• find a sleeping (or dead) person and enter their dream (i have no specific idea how to do that yet, do you?)
• grow extra arms and work my way up to eight
• lay down, change your view on perspektive and start walking on walls! [idea by HAGART]

extreme:
• change into a liquid
• subconscious reading (quickly go through a page of text when awake and try to recall (> read) it in the dream)
• create differently colored objects (orbs or something) that -by touching- tigger specific feelings inside me. then touch one with both hands (for intensifying the feeling) and touch two or more for crazy mix-ups!
• 360 degree vision

i will be updating this post whenever something new adds to the list - if you have any cool ideas i'll add them too!

tasty dreams☮
Last edited by tea on 17 Mar 2014 23:14, edited 15 times in total.
☺ nice, you are a curious one! come, follow me into the rabbit hole if you want to: http://lost-and-fun.tumblr. com/

deepakkumaar97

Postby deepakkumaar97 » 13 Mar 2013 10:34

tea wrote:lucid goals
i've put them into categories as i classify them. to you, the difficulties may be different so don't take my word for it!

basics:
• flying
• breathing underwater
• find a magic carpet and observe dreamscape from above
• walking/running on water
• use a dream door for changing the scene

a little harder:
• get above clouds and walk on them as if they were solid (but fluffy!) :D
• walk through mirror
• start a conversation with my subconscious
• get a pen and draw in the air (i guess it's easier to have a pen than to just draw with my finger)

medium:
• shrink myself down to the size of an ant and explore nature
• again, become very small but this time ride a bumblebee
• convince a DC that they are the dreamer and you're just a DC, see how they act/follow them through "their" dream

advanced:
• freeze time
• find a sleeping (or dead) person and enter their dream (i have no specific idea how to do that yet, do you?)
• grow extra arms and work my way up to eight

extreme:
• change into a liquid
• subconscious reading (quickly go through a page of text when awake and try to recall (> read) it in the dream)
• create differently colored objects (orbs or something) that -by touching- tigger specific feelings inside me. then touch one with both hands (for intensifying the feeling) and touch two or more for crazy mix-ups!
• 360 degree vision

i will be updating this post whenever something new adds to the list - if you have any cool ideas i'll add them too!

tasty dreams☮

It's Amazing, Thank you very much for sharing.
These goals can easily take a month of my LDs or maybe even more.

Some goals of mine:
1) Running Through Walls
2) Make Day Turn to Night
3) Eat Your Favorite Food
4) Feel temperature ( like cold water or hot day)
5) Feel terrible pain( not very terrible :lol: )
6) Changing into other person or creature(especially birds)
Do a reality check

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 14 Mar 2013 03:04

There are many good suggestions already. Some of them I have done and know are possible, but if it gets too outlandish, in my experience, I end up just pretending to do it and it doesn't really feel too real. It's hard to do something you have never experienced when awake or experience in a dream before. Or in other words, something you have never experienced before. If you want to walk on clouds though, that can work because if you have ever been in an airplane or see what it looks like to be above the clouds that can feed the visual and if you think the clouds are fluffy it may feel like walking on pillows. (provided you stepped on a pillow before or anything soft and we all must have at least once in our lives). And lucid dreams can piece all those sensations together and make it vivid.

Growing extra arms sounds hard to comprehend. I wonder how it would work? If I had four on my left and four on my right, when I tried to move my right arm all four on the right may move in unison. I have never done that and am just imagining what would probably happen. And since I just thought about it, that probably IS what would happen for me. I just mentally stopped my self right here.......

Anyway, here is an easy one I have never tried, but may be quite enlightening. If you are in a vivid lucid dream where you feel like you have a body, and you are wearing pants, CHECK YOUR POCKETS. Reach in and feel around and see what you can feel and then pull it out and take a look at it. Who knows what it would be, but it would be interesting and may show you something you were not expecting. Any bag or purse would work too. It's a place we hold personal objects and even junk sometimes and it may manifest itself as emotional junk that we have on our minds and carrying with us. Although in the dream it may look like a physical, literal object, it will have a more figurative meaning.
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

R99

Postby R99 » 14 Mar 2013 07:51

i got another idea, its hard to attain but possible by other dreamers experience, get a scar or wound from dream world to physic world. i got pain but not serious as this. if u could manage to do this, its a proof that dream world is real as physic world. wanna try??? it will be fun.
I see the Truth now.

tea

Postby tea » 14 Mar 2013 10:31

HAGART, as you indicated yourself: in the end it's all up to what you can imagine and what not. of course you are right, some things will be almost impossible to REALLY experience since we'll simply fool ourselves when tasks get too complex... but i don't think you can generalize that.

i got another idea, its hard to attain but possible by other dreamers experience, get a scar or wound from dream world to physic world. i got pain but not serious as this. if u could manage to do this, its a proof that dream world is real as physic world. wanna try??? it will be fun.

there is a giant difference between feeling pain and really getting a wound or scar. pain is just a signal in your head, therefore reproduceable with imagination only but modifying matter itself just by thoughts? pheew.. well.. i DO believe this is possible (in fact, i think that's what "reality" is about) but the gap from feeling pain in dreams to actually transform your atoms seems too big for me. there is so much inbetween to learn in life i'd rather set my focus to, so that this idea is just too theoretical for me.

on the other hand i'm very certain that lucid dream healing is a good option to discuss this topic further.

R99

Postby R99 » 14 Mar 2013 15:21

about healing its possible if u r that good in believing. i healed myself a year ago, not in LD in real life. i fractured my leg (heel) i accidentally fall from a stair to a hard stone, and pain was intense. hard to walk, so as a believer in self healing ( i never take medicine on anything, i have my own way to cure myself) i didnt gone to a doctor and be on with it for 2 weeks, pain reduced. sometimes i concentrate my all attention to the heel imagining inside the heel, and curing itself. it worked for me. i never talk about it, coz people think am crazy or something. if u r good at believing in mind power, it works.
I see the Truth now.

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”