Did I join a dream with another lucid person?!

Tell us about your first lucid dream - and your latest. We want all the juicy details. Also share results of dream challenge experiments.
User avatar
Jack Reacher
Posts: 490
Joined: 21 Jan 2012 05:03
Location: New Zealand

Re: Did I join a dream with another lucid person?!

Postby Jack Reacher » 15 Mar 2013 04:55

The point I was making with the alien abuction was that even though people believe something through experience, it doesn't necessarily mean it will end up being true. I guess what im saying is that maybe you should say based on me experiences, I myself am fairly certain that you can share lucid dreams with others. Unless you have non anecdotal evidence, you should really just keep this stuff to yourself. Yes it is your reality, whatever that means, but that means you keep it in your reality, its a huge leap to tell people it is possible to share dreams when no one else can confirm this.
"There is theoretical abstraction, and then there is true abstraction."

User avatar
taniaaust1
Posts: 2990
Joined: 07 Feb 2013 15:32
Location: Adelaide, South Australia

Re: Did I join a dream with another lucid person?!

Postby taniaaust1 » 15 Mar 2013 05:04

Jack Reacher wrote:Look I know I come across a little harshly in this topic but in others I usually let people believe what they want. However this topic I feel I have to make an exception, you cant go around telling newcomers stuff like people can certainly put thoughts into other peoples minds using telepathy.

And I dont mean turning people away from this site, I mean from the topic of lucid dreaming in general.


Maybe that newcomer already believes that is possible? Have you had any consideration to that the newcomer already may be holding completely different views to what you do. (if that newcomer already believes in things like telepathy..you not only then insulted me but also then the other too). People should be free to form their own views on things or share their experiences if asked. No one is ever forced to believe another, in fact no one should just automatically believe something coming from a stranger just cause another has said it.

You expressed your views on replying to the posters question.. I did on mine.. I then got questioned on why I hold those views and shared all the whys. I personally cant see how I have done wrong here sharing my reality of things just as what you shared what is currently yours..and on answering a question, you actualloy asked of me.

I really try to hold myself back from saying to others that their reality is bullshit esp when I know we each have had different experiences with things. I could just as equally say to you that I know what you believe is bullshit but wouldnt do that, I respect you hold different views of things to what I do.

I are sorry you feel so uncomfortable thou with me having my own reality and hence views on things.
Last edited by taniaaust1 on 15 Mar 2013 05:11, edited 1 time in total.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

User avatar
Jack Reacher
Posts: 490
Joined: 21 Jan 2012 05:03
Location: New Zealand

Re: Did I join a dream with another lucid person?!

Postby Jack Reacher » 15 Mar 2013 05:08

Because you arent just expressing your views, you are stating it as fact. It makes it harder for people to form their own opinion when they get this notion that people are saying with certainty that it is possible. Im not saying it isnt possible either btw, but I dont go around saying it is simply not possible, I say instead that I do not personally see how it is possible.
"There is theoretical abstraction, and then there is true abstraction."

User avatar
taniaaust1
Posts: 2990
Joined: 07 Feb 2013 15:32
Location: Adelaide, South Australia

Re: Did I join a dream with another lucid person?!

Postby taniaaust1 » 15 Mar 2013 05:24

Jack Reacher wrote:The point I was making with the alien abuction was that even though people believe something through experience, it doesn't necessarily mean it will end up being true. I guess what im saying is that maybe you should say based on me experiences, I myself am fairly certain that you can share lucid dreams with others. Unless you have non anecdotal evidence, you should really just keep this stuff to yourself. Yes it is your reality, whatever that means, but that means you keep it in your reality, its a huge leap to tell people it is possible to share dreams when no one else can confirm this.


No one else at THIS SITE may be able to confirm this but there is certainly people about which could and if you do enough reading you may well be able to see others saying this too (unfortunately Im not saying anything Ive seen in a book so cant go quoting where I read it). Just cause there is no one else at this site (it isnt like this site is filled with yogis and shamans!!) who can confirm.. it doesnt mean it isnt true.

Are you trying to tell me I shouldnt answer peoples questions based on my knowledge? 42 or 43 years of life experience (ive forgot my age, it isnt important to me) and over 20 years of occult study with various powerful real life teachers etc and experiences? (im probably the most experienced person at this site in some areas of things). Its okay if you want to give answers to others on what may or may not be true..but those with some direct experience its strange how you want them not to post. Its okay that you choose not to believe what you hear...but you should give others the chance to form their own views.
Last edited by taniaaust1 on 15 Mar 2013 05:29, edited 1 time in total.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

User avatar
Jack Reacher
Posts: 490
Joined: 21 Jan 2012 05:03
Location: New Zealand

Re: Did I join a dream with another lucid person?!

Postby Jack Reacher » 15 Mar 2013 05:29

Thats not what I have been saying at all, and once again I am not talking about this site. A few years ago when i was a lot younger and shared very similar views to you I did do a lot of reading on this stuff, which made me realise that only a very small portion of the population claims to have anything to do with this and there has been no evidence at all, which is why at the very start I asked you if you had any non anecdotal evidence, to which you pretty replied saying the only evidence you had was first hand experience.
EDIT: The above is not the main point I have been trying to make, its just a reply to something you said.

Now like I have been saying over an over, im not saying you should just keep your mouth shut, I have already said that you could tell people your personal experiences. Just dont go around stating this stuff as fact like you did in your opening post unless you have decent evidence to say so.
"There is theoretical abstraction, and then there is true abstraction."

User avatar
taniaaust1
Posts: 2990
Joined: 07 Feb 2013 15:32
Location: Adelaide, South Australia

Re: Did I join a dream with another lucid person?!

Postby taniaaust1 » 15 Mar 2013 05:33

Jack Reacher wrote:Because you arent just expressing your views, you are stating it as fact. It makes it harder for people to form their own opinion when they get this notion that people are saying with certainty that it is possible. Im not saying it isnt possible either btw, but I dont go around saying it is simply not possible, I say instead that I do not personally see how it is possible.


You dont seem to be understanding that Im expressing as fact as it is a fact. Just like you would express things from your own experiences that you have and things which have been backed from other things and others.. as a fact and it is a fact I know people who can get inside others heads and that I have had a shared dream.

It's ok that you dont think something is possible but please stop trying to place your closed views onto my own experiences with things. Im not sure what gives you the right to think its okay to be telling others what they should and shouldnt post in reply to what is asked.. Im NOT YOU. (sorry .. Im a touch annoyed at this point... Im open and honest and annoyed you are trying to control me by telling me what I should and shouldnt post.. let alone how disrespectful you've been when Ive only given you respect).
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

User avatar
lucidinthe sky
Posts: 1135
Joined: 10 Dec 2011 22:37
Location: Sacramento, California

Re: Did I join a dream with another lucid person?!

Postby lucidinthe sky » 15 Mar 2013 05:50

Jack Reacher wrote:And I dont mean turning people away from this site, I mean from the topic of lucid dreaming in general.


Your problem is that you insult people when disagreeing, and this is not the first time. Rather than criticize you, I'd like to give you example of how you can disagree without insulting people:

You claimed 2 times now that people are being turned away from lucid dreaming because of these mystical kinds of posts yet you have provided no evidence to support your claim. Therefore, I find it difficult to accept your claim, yet I remain open to the possibility that you might be correct. Please provide empirical evidence to support your claim.

See, that's not so hard. I told you I disagreed without insulting you.
Have you ever had a dream, Neo, that you were so sure was real? What if you were unable to wake from that dream? How would you know the difference between the dream world and the real world? Morpheus

User avatar
taniaaust1
Posts: 2990
Joined: 07 Feb 2013 15:32
Location: Adelaide, South Australia

Re: Did I join a dream with another lucid person?!

Postby taniaaust1 » 15 Mar 2013 05:58

Jack Reacher wrote:Thats not what I have been saying at all, and once again I am not talking about this site. A few years ago when i was a lot younger and shared very similar views to you I did do a lot of reading on this stuff, which made me realise that only a very small portion of the population claims to have anything to do with this and there has been no evidence at all, which is why at the very start I asked you if you had any non anecdotal evidence,


That's the probably the issue.. most of this advanced stuff cant be learnt about in books (a lot of occultic stuff is hidden or not talked about in books a lot. Most advanced occultic books are not publically available or are written in ways most people wouldnt understand unless they already have knowledge). If you wish to really know what is out there and possible you need to start go seeking it out and start mixing with those people who can do these things or work your way up to those who can do these things (its not like out of the blue someone is going to come out and give a telepathy demo to someone they just met). Find people who can actually SHOW you so you can experience it for yourself by seriously wanting to learn (and having good reasons to learn.. people arent taught or shown these things unless there is a good reason for it. The people with these skills do not just go around showing them off to people). Find some serious teachers and start learning how to work with energy from that many more things and skills can be shown by others.

Thou they are my experiences.. Ive had them with others .. so its not just "me" who's experienced this stuff. Do you seriously think you can learn much in the way of the advanced occultic skills from books??? most of that stuff is hidden secrets and only shared by advanced teachers to their advanced students. The only path I currently know to come across people like this is throu a certain healing school. If you are seriously wanted to learn about energy and help others.. send me a pm and I'll tell you where you can start and find a teacher. (working with energy skills take years of growth.. spiritual growth.. but these psi skills also can by taught by some teachers if they accept you).

Ive let go of my annoyance due to your last post (I think I may of felt your post so now I feel compassion) so offering you the proof out there if you truely want to follow a path towards seeking it out, that there is far more to this reality then you are currently aware of. Unfortunately it takes time, money (as unfortunately the only teachers I know who are good at teaching energywork charge and its not cheap.. I did know a free teacher of a different school but Ive lost contact with him and he stopped teaching anyway) and work. Advanced skills and knowledge isnt often handed up to people on a silver platter one could say... one really truely needs to work it and seek it out..
Last edited by taniaaust1 on 15 Mar 2013 06:13, edited 6 times in total.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

User avatar
Jack Reacher
Posts: 490
Joined: 21 Jan 2012 05:03
Location: New Zealand

Re: Did I join a dream with another lucid person?!

Postby Jack Reacher » 15 Mar 2013 05:59

lucidinthe sky wrote:
Jack Reacher wrote:And I dont mean turning people away from this site, I mean from the topic of lucid dreaming in general.


Your problem is that you insult people when disagreeing, and this is not the first time. Rather than criticize you, I'd like to give you example of how you can disagree without insulting people:

You claimed 2 times now that people are being turned away from lucid dreaming because of these mystical kinds of posts yet you have provided no evidence to support your claim. Therefore, I find it difficult to accept your claim, yet I remain open to the possibility that you might be correct. Please provide empirical evidence to support your claim.

See, that's not so hard. I told you I disagreed without insulting you.


I guess your right, I don't have any hard empircal evidence for that kind of claim, so il rephrase and follow my own advise that I was giving to tani.

Based on my experence with the general population, its my hypothesis that the reason why lucid dreaming isn't a mainstream topic is because it is associated with mystical beliefs such as spiritual planes, astral projection, and other mystical concepts that the majority of the population wants no interest in, I dont really want to say why at the risk of offending you.
"There is theoretical abstraction, and then there is true abstraction."

User avatar
taniaaust1
Posts: 2990
Joined: 07 Feb 2013 15:32
Location: Adelaide, South Australia

Re: Did I join a dream with another lucid person?!

Postby taniaaust1 » 15 Mar 2013 06:22

Jack Reacher wrote:Based on my experence with the general population, its my hypothesis that the reason why lucid dreaming isn't a mainstream topic is because it is associated with mystical beliefs such as spiritual planes, astral projection, and other mystical concepts that the majority of the population wants no interest in, I dont really want to say why at the risk of offending you.


That is an interesting point on the why the general population hasnt interest in LD. Yes it may be that but it maybe just as likely to that they just dont believe in it, most people arent even aware it exists so that probably stops many people from trying to LD!! How many of us where told about this when children? I think I was probably near my 30s before I became aware of LD. I had an interest in dreams and thought they were important.. long before I started to do LD.

People dont get seriously interested and dont try even if they do know about it as why try something you dont believe in? Thing is this view that is held doesnt just stop people from trying to LD but also prevents them from learning other skills too ones you yourself dont currently believe. Why are you concerned in others limiting themselves???? I personally see it as their own loss is they arent going to be open enough to check something out for themselves. They themselves miss out but then what does it matter really anyway if a person believes in LD or telepathy. It doesnt.

Does it matter these arent mainsteam topics? Why are you so concerned it isnt?
The only thing to fear is the fear itself


Return to “Share Your Lucid Dreams”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests