Do we forget our LUCID dreams?

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
beremaran

Do we forget our LUCID dreams?

Postby beremaran » 15 Mar 2013 22:50

Do we? I think, the answer is "NO", but I want to be sure.

Peter

Re: Do we forget our LUCID dreams?

Postby Peter » 16 Mar 2013 02:06

I say yes as we can forget or not recall if that is what you mean a lot of dreams and the same must apply to lucids as well
Who are you I asked, the reply "dont be silly, we are your daughers" many years before they were born

lucidinthe sky

Postby lucidinthe sky » 16 Mar 2013 02:41

Yes you forget them, but the memories are much more like waking life memories than dream memories.

I have several lucid dream memories that are in my long-term memory, but almost no regular dreams although there have been far more of those.
Have you ever had a dream, Neo, that you were so sure was real? What if you were unable to wake from that dream? How would you know the difference between the dream world and the real world? Morpheus

Peter

Postby Peter » 16 Mar 2013 03:18

as far as long term recall of dreams I still easily remember a lot of dreams from 20 jor 30 years ago. They are no different that normal memories but I do know they are dreams
Who are you I asked, the reply "dont be silly, we are your daughers" many years before they were born

deepakkumaar97

Postby deepakkumaar97 » 16 Mar 2013 07:52

Yes I guess, because it has happened to me few times that after a LD if I don't write it, I easily forget about the details. But once after I write I mostly remember it for a long time.
Do a reality check

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 16 Mar 2013 10:46

I say yes we can. We can realise we are dreaming so hence it is a LD but it is possible to have one with not a lot of waking conciousness there at all thou you are aware your dreaming. The more waking consciousness there is, the easier thou it seems to be never to forget them or wake up having forgotten one.

I had an incident several days ago where I was in a lucid dream and standing there trying to remember my LD goals but my brain wasnt working well as I didnt have a high level of lucidity, they certainly know I was dreaming. I then forgot the dream from there and couldnt remember it when I woke up.. just remember being lucid and trying to remember the dream goals so I could go and do them. I have no idea if I ended up doing anything lucid after that, thou maybe I then just suddenly drifted into a non lucid state. I dont know as I cant remember. (Im having a lot of trouble remembering my dreams of late. I wake myself up right after a LD (even cut them short at times) to MAKE SURE I dont forget them).

Those who never remember their dreams..may be having lucid ones they just cant remember as after the lucid period they may of just then drifted off into being non lucid and then just not remembering when they awoke. (its like how some people get up and wander to the loo in the middle of the night but may not remember doing it the next morn).
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

beremaran

Postby beremaran » 16 Mar 2013 20:49

Thank you first,

I understand why we are keeping a dream journal now.

Ryan

Postby Ryan » 16 Mar 2013 23:51

beremaran wrote:Do we? I think, the answer is "NO", but I want to be sure.

You can forget ANYTHING which you don't give enough attention to. Non-physical adventures are no different than any other experience you have.

The key to remembering something is to give enough attention and focus to it. Give it importance to yourself.
For more information, please visit my website
http://www.unlimitedboundaries.ca/
Or join my forums!
http://www.unlimitedboundaries.ca/forums/

beremaran

Postby beremaran » 17 Mar 2013 00:11

Ryan wrote:

You can forget ANYTHING which you don't give enough attention to. Non-physical adventures are no different than any other experience you have.

The key to remembering something is to give enough attention and focus to it. Give it importance to yourself.

Isn't lucid dream a conscious act? I talking about that I can remember whatever I did in the day. If lucid dreaming is a conscious act, I must be remember. But all of you telling me you can forget. I asked that for the first minutes after I wake up.

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 17 Mar 2013 00:41

Ryan wrote:

Good post and one the reasons why people new to this should be keeping a dream journal. One needs to be giving ones subconciousness the message that remembering dreams is important.

Ive forgotten lots of my LDs I had over the years as I didnt give them enough importance as after a while of having them.. they can become quite regular experiences to a person.. once my initial LD excitement wore off. (Im refering to ones with this comment that I did remember clearly when I woke up). What I do take with me thou from each LD no matter how long ago it was was what I learnt from it... Of cause I also have some LDs I'd never forgot.. like my greatest achievements during one or ones which I'll always remember due to issues I had in them eg slamming into concrete while trying to fly. Its like real life, you do not remember what you do every single day of your life.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

Return to “For Beginners”