Dreaming. Is THAT IT?

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
absintheminded

Dreaming. Is THAT IT?

Postby absintheminded » 14 Mar 2013 20:28

Dreamers beware that THIS is the dream MIND is dreaming in which 'we' are featured as dreamers pretending to be 'people'. Waking up in the secondary, 'personal' dream associated with sleep is a profound clue to discovering that THIS, in fact, is nothing short nor more than a dream itself, and there's nothing personal about IT, there being no people in IT apart from the parts we play.

The next time you're featured awake in your dream, especially in dreams concerning flight, 'see' that you never 'really' move....that all sensation of movement is a trick in which the dreamscape moves in reverse, comes towards you. Flight is achieved simply by posing. Strike any pose you wish and 'see' how 'you' never leave the spot you're featured in, never. You're a dreamer aware that you're being featured moving, knowing there's nowhere to go, no place to arrive at, nothing to become. Everything, as it were, just shows up, here in the dream MIND is dreaming.

PrototypeTEGTA
Location: In an alternative universe where 'peace' and 'unity' actually make sense.

Re: Dreaming. Is THAT IT?

Postby PrototypeTEGTA » 15 Mar 2013 16:53

Your point is...? All of what you say is recognized among lucid dreamers, but there is more to it other than 'being there'. Think of all the insightful, deep message that you can get from your subconsciousness. Or is that not important at all? This is just a bare scratch on the surface of dreams and the way your mind actually works. I don't get why you posted this topic, nor why you seem nonfactual.
"Saying 'I have 100$' is like saying 'I have 100 inches'. Inches of what? Ropes? Books? iPads? Money can be a means and a tool to get what you want. But remember, in a camping experience, money is only good for kindling and wiping your butt."

Ryan

Postby Ryan » 15 Mar 2013 18:17

absintheminded wrote:Dreamers beware that THIS is the dream MIND is dreaming in which 'we' are featured as dreamers pretending to be 'people'. Waking up in the secondary, 'personal' dream associated with sleep is a profound clue to discovering that THIS, in fact, is nothing short nor more than a dream itself, and there's nothing personal about IT, there being no people in IT apart from the parts we play.

The next time you're featured awake in your dream, especially in dreams concerning flight, 'see' that you never 'really' move....that all sensation of movement is a trick in which the dreamscape moves in reverse, comes towards you. Flight is achieved simply by posing. Strike any pose you wish and 'see' how 'you' never leave the spot you're featured in, never. You're a dreamer aware that you're being featured moving, knowing there's nowhere to go, no place to arrive at, nothing to become. Everything, as it were, just shows up, here in the dream MIND is dreaming.

And what if I told you that's exactly how this physical reality works as well? What would you say? :)
For more information, please visit my website
http://www.unlimitedboundaries.ca/
Or join my forums!
http://www.unlimitedboundaries.ca/forums/

Peter

Postby Peter » 16 Mar 2013 02:09

I know is a dream and that i am just dreaming so not sure of your point - did you think it was real?

Just like I know I am not dreaming now - I think :lol:
Who are you I asked, the reply "dont be silly, we are your daughers" many years before they were born

absintheminded

Postby absintheminded » 17 Mar 2013 06:25

Ryan - And what if I told you that's exactly how this physical reality works as well? What would you say? :)
There's no one to say how this 'physical reality' works, just 'us' featured saying it's like this or that. Opinions defend the fiction there's someone to know something. In a dream?

To those who have read the original post and/or responded to it. To clarify, the term THIS referred to 'What's happening right now', not the evening dream time. Perhaps read it again.

Return to “For Beginners”