Harry Potter Query

For all other chat which isn't directly related to lucid dreaming and the world of sleep and dreams.
deepakkumaar97

Harry Potter Query

Postby deepakkumaar97 » 14 Mar 2013 11:06

I am a big fan of Harry Potter series. I have read all 7 books and watched all 8 movies.
There are a few things in it which I didn't understand and I am posting it in here because I think it is somewhat related to dreaming.
In the 7th book or 8th movie when Voldemort death curse Harry Potter
Where exactly does he go(to that white King cross station)? Was it a dream?
From where did Dumbledore arrive? Was he just like a DC? If so, then how did he gave Harry information that he did not know?
What does Dumbledore means when he says,"Of course it is happening inside your head,Harry,but why on earth should that mean that it is not real?"
Who was that weak Voldemort? Was it the real Voldemort?
What happened to the real Voldemort when he cursed Harry?

I related this all to dreams because at first he asks for clothes and gets it, just like a dream and Dumbledore says about the arrival of a train and that all this is happening in his head.

Thank You for your time reading this. :D
If you think you have the answers or have your opinions please reply.
Do a reality check

Ryan

Re: Harry Potter Query

Postby Ryan » 14 Mar 2013 23:53

That is Rowling's interpretation of it. It's her "there", but not "here" concept.

I'd say, yes... the closest analogy would be a dream.
For more information, please visit my website
http://www.unlimitedboundaries.ca/
Or join my forums!
http://www.unlimitedboundaries.ca/forums/

deepakkumaar97

Postby deepakkumaar97 » 16 Mar 2013 08:51

I don't think many Harry Potter fans here.
Do a reality check

LucidLeon

Postby LucidLeon » 16 Mar 2013 11:07

Why do you think that?

I don't have an answer for your questions, I think we'll just have to accept that only JK Rowling knew exactly what she meant when she wrote that. I didn't think of it as a dream when I read it, but who knows, maybe that's what she meant for it to be.

AceOfSpades

Postby AceOfSpades » 16 Aug 2013 02:36

To answer your questions in the order you asked. The place that Harry is in is their universe's version of Limbo/Purgatory. The only difference being that they have a choice whether or not to pass on or return as ghosts. Or in Harry's case only the part of Voldemort's soul inside him died and he is just hovering between life and death. He could have passed on or he could as he did, come back. Dumbledore came from the afterlife and met him there to explain what the hell went on. He meant about being in his head is that he was between death and unconscious kinda like how a comatose person could see a light. Weak Voldemort was a representation of what was left of his soul after Harry and Co. destroyed the Horcruxes. As in order for his soul to be put back together, Voldy must feel genuine remorse. Which of course is impossible for a guy like him. What was left is a fate worse than hell itself. So when Harry killed him, that was all that could be in the limbo, he couldn't go back to the living world as a ghost, nor could he pass on.

deschainXIX

Postby deschainXIX » 16 Aug 2013 02:43

Okay, I'm a HUGE fan of Harry Potter ... those books were pretty much my entire childhood at a glance. And Ace got it exactly right. At least my view of it.
Well said.

deepakkumaar97

Postby deepakkumaar97 » 19 Aug 2013 13:52

AceOfSpades wrote:To answer your questions in the order you asked. The place that Harry is in is their universe's version of Limbo/Purgatory. The only difference being that they have a choice whether or not to pass on or return as ghosts. Or in Harry's case only the part of Voldemort's soul inside him died and he is just hovering between life and death. He could have passed on or he could as he did, come back. Dumbledore came from the afterlife and met him there to explain what the hell went on. He meant about being in his head is that he was between death and unconscious kinda like how a comatose person could see a light. Weak Voldemort was a representation of what was left of his soul after Harry and Co. destroyed the Horcruxes. As in order for his soul to be put back together, Voldy must feel genuine remorse. Which of course is impossible for a guy like him. What was left is a fate worse than hell itself. So when Harry killed him, that was all that could be in the limbo, he couldn't go back to the living world as a ghost, nor could he pass on.

Well, this is a satisfying explaination and funny too :D
Do a reality check

Return to “Off-Topic”