New and need some help

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
RubberSoul147

New and need some help

Postby RubberSoul147 » 16 Mar 2013 04:00

Hi, i just began reading about LDing 2 days ago and i guess i understand how it goes. What i don't understand is how my brain is able to catch a dream sign. I know that once you find a random dream sign that you know could never happen, you do a reality check. But how does my mind alert me when an unusual dream sign comes up, im asleep.

Lets say i get into bed at 10:30 and i wake up at 5:30 what time of the night should i do my dream journal. Cause i don't remember dreams when i wake up at 5:30 its a seldom occurance.

taniaaust1

Re: New and need some help

Postby taniaaust1 » 16 Mar 2013 10:51

When Im having trouble remembering my dreams.. I wrote them in my dream journal as soon as Im aware I've had one. That can even be right in the middle of the night when getting up to go to the loo or get a drink. Dreams can fade and be very quickly forgotten if one doesnt write them down right away (LDs are thou easier to remember as many of them really do stand out and are hard to forget).

After a time thou you should start to remember dreams more easily (hopefully).
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

RubberSoul147

Postby RubberSoul147 » 16 Mar 2013 18:11

Thanks i was able to get a pretty good amount of dreams over the morning and i found that video games could be a potential dream sign. How do i get my mind to recognize whenever it happens? Cause once i recognize it, i'll question it and do a reality check.

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 17 Mar 2013 01:28

RubberSoul147 wrote:Thanks i was able to get a pretty good amount of dreams over the morning and i found that video games could be a potential dream sign. How do i get my mind to recognize whenever it happens? Cause once i recognize it, i'll question it and do a reality check.

If you have a lot of video game dreams.. start doing reality checks whenever you go to play one or every hour you are playing one. That should after a while fiter into your dreams.

RubberSoul147

Postby RubberSoul147 » 17 Mar 2013 03:46

What kind of reality check would i do in that situation then and how do i attempt a reality check in my dreams if im asleep? I really don't understand that.

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 17 Mar 2013 04:31

RubberSoul147 wrote:What kind of reality check would i do in that situation then and how do i attempt a reality check in my dreams if im asleep? I really don't understand that.

Any kind (or kinds) of reality check. It dont matter. Just choose something you dont mind too much doing.

The thing is.. you wont know you are asleep when you do the reality check. That's the whole idea of doing them, you are doing them to find out if you could be asleep. If you start doing them to see if you are truely awake or not.. sooner or later you will do one and find out that you arent actually awake like you think you could be, when you do it.

It also helps to bring the thoughts of LDs into your dream and even with just the thought of dreaming, you may become aware you are .

RubberSoul147

Postby RubberSoul147 » 17 Mar 2013 16:04

thanks i think i got it now. But i dreamed of video games again and i thought i would've had a chance to do a reality check since obviously i can't be in a video game in reality but i didn't get a chance to do one my dream just kept going?

Sorry i keep asking questions

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 18 Mar 2013 00:55

Programming yourself with the reality checking can take time.

Return to “For Beginners”