Tunnel travelling experience on a dream

A place to share and analyze your dreams (lucid or otherwise) to better understand your dreams' subconscious symbolism.
Highlander

Tunnel travelling experience on a dream

Postby Highlander » 14 Mar 2013 00:36

I've been reading some books about astral travel, going to astral planes and in some books say that while dreaming, we go to some sort of astral plane. I don't know if this is correct, but i've been wondering what could happen if i travel to an astral plane while lucid dreaming.
Last week i had an experience on a lucid dream. Inside the dream i said to myself:
-"I want to go to an astral plane, meet astral beings."
I looked up and jumped. I began to fly very slowly. I must have levitated just a bit. I decided to look at the ground and concentrate on seeing the ground further away. It began to work, i flew a little higher until the Earth has disappeared. Everything was dark. It seemed i was in space but everything was black. Then I saw a dot, a little light. I decided to go to the light. I concentrated on going there, but it was difficult. It seemed to take about 2 minutes and was still on the same place. Then the light became a little bigger. Suddenly, it began to form a tunnel. It looked like a spiral wormhole approaching me. In the middle, there was a silver cord as mentioned on astral projections. I started to enter the tunnel. I felt anxiety and my heart beating faster. I began to watch my hands to not wake up. But it did not work. I began to see the tunnel to walk away and I came back to Earth. I woke up with my heart beating at "1000 bpm."

What do you think? Do we go to an astral plane during dreaming? Did i have an experience on traveling to an astral plane?

taniaaust1

Re: Tunnel travelling experience on a dream

Postby taniaaust1 » 17 Mar 2013 05:19

I personally think what you had there was a LD (thou of cause I could be wrong).

in some books say that while dreaming, we go to some sort of astral plane.

When people dream it is true they do go out of their physical bodies .. but are usually just standing astrally or somewhere close to their physical bodies still while they are dreaming.. they are asleep thou to the lower astral plane world where their physical bodies are. Someone who is OBE can see others in that state.. their astral bodies standing by their beds (they look to be sleeping. I know Im not the only person to astrally see this and only found this out after I'd already seen it for myself and hence started researching what I saw). If someone is very psychic eg an advanced yogi, they may see the persons thought forms (the others dream) manifesting around the persons head as they dream it so via this can see the others dream..

If one is dreaming, its just ones subconsciousness (and waking consciousness too if its a LD) doing the creating of everything you see and experience.. so hence the problem with thinking you want to go be in the real astral world at that time you are already in a dream.. will just create an "image" of that world. Everything you think and believe when dreaming creates images.

Id like to say that we are ALWAYS in the astral plane..but most are never aware of it. Our astral bodies thou are always in that plane.

Hence why I think it is highly probable your experience continued to be a LD. IF you want to do OBEs I personally think it is best not to try to do them from a LD state. Try this next time you think you've managed to go into an OBE state from a dream.. go and visit a friend or your neighbour and see what they are doing at that time, note anything you spot which is unusual, then when you wake up... try to confirm what you saw, that will soon tell you if you were really seeing something real or if your mind was just creating your thoughts/images ie dreaming.

Last time I had what I thought was an OBE.. I went to study the placement of things (the mess with the dishes) on my kitchen sink as I wanted to try to use that to confirm when I woke up. Other times I've spotted things i didnt know about in real life then had them confirmed when I awoke.

Of cause not all the astral world or worlds I should say, can be confirmed but if you can view something from our astral.. then from there move onto other non confirmable places.. you can more easily say that it was all probably OBE things you were experiencing (as long as you dont lapse into dreaming... its as possible to lapse into dreaming during an OBE as it is in real life to do that).

Even some of the astral worlds which cant be confirmed based on our physical can sometimes be confirmed.. but in those causes you will need to seek out info on those planes from others to know if you experienced what is there (as long as you didnt have any preconcieved notions about the place you visit which put ideas into your head about it which you saw).
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

Highlander

Postby Highlander » 17 Mar 2013 16:34

Wow. Thank you taniaaust1 for your response. I learned a lot from what you've said.
So i guess my mind created an environment of an astral travel because i wanted to have that. Cool.

You said you had OBE's. Can you please tell me what are your techniques to do that?

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 18 Mar 2013 00:37

Highlander wrote:Wow. Thank you taniaaust1 for your response. I learned a lot from what you've said.
So i guess my mind created an environment of an astral travel because i wanted to have that. Cool.

You said you had OBE's. Can you please tell me what are your techniques to do that?

I tried sooo many things to have an OBE for about 2?? years (it was a long time) without any luck trying to follow methods by some of people who are well known now for their OBE eg Robert Bruce (with no success. I think that was even before he had his book out) .

I even did an astral projection course with a very experienced astral projector/mystic (he used to give demos at psychic shows of his abilities at times by shutting his eyes relaxing while standing and astrally projecting out to read a card someone else in the audience was holding and had written something on)... I still had no luck even after attending his classes and help.

Then I came across a book called The Llewellyn Practical Guide to Astral Projection, The out of body Expereince by Denning and Phillips. Within 2 weeks of following exercises in that book.. I was having OBEs. (the book is set up like an OBE course with goals to achieve before going on the next ones) I rarely have them unless Im doing the exercises in that book and then I can be having them quite often eg few times per week. I highly recommend this technique of achieving this.

someone showed me the link to this book is online. Its at http://www.scribd.com/doc/61714884/Practical-Guide-to-Astral-Projection (I personally dont follow it to a t.. eg I havent changed my diet nor have I paid much attention to the best times of the year to do it.. but interestingly my most haywire OBE ever (probably the only really wacked out OBE Ive had) was at the time of a new moon when they say things like that can happen so recommend not doing OBE then but I didnt know it was a new moon till after that OBE. So maybe the times of the month and year do in fact play a part too like they say.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

Return to “Dream Interpretation”