FA turned into an LD

Tell us about your first lucid dream - and your latest. We want all the juicy details. Also share results of dream challenge experiments.
deepakkumaar97

FA turned into an LD

Postby deepakkumaar97 » 17 Mar 2013 08:19

I just thought of sharing this LD of last night( actually Today's morning)
I am hoping for some interpretation too, if any.

I woke up at 6am and after the loo slept again repeating about I will have a LD.
FALSE AWAKENING
I am on my bed, blanket on me, partially awake partially asleep, I am writing on my phone (touchscreen) with a pen, I realize something is wrong and doubt if it is a dream, and as soon as this came to my head the scenery was fading a little, I quickly started rubbing my hands, but I was still on the verge of waking up.
I also started hearing the songs which my mum play in the morning but soon, I maintained being in the dream, I also realized I had woken up in other room.
I was thinking all this and rubbing my hands, then from that pen I wrote I am dreaming on my phone screen (this helped me get more awareness), then I tried to do a reality check, I tried to get my hand through that phone and believed it will, but it didn't, I tried again with more belief,fail.
The next thing I was in another room(still lucid, but not very due to that reality check fail) now, I was a little afraid if this could be reality because I was planning to punch through the wall, I tried to fist fast, but it went lazily and just touched the wall. I saw that the room was lighted with LEDs and it was night outside,then I tried to look at my hands and they had 6 fingers, I gained some confidence, then, I planned to fly out of the window, I stood on the end of the window, and was a little afraid what if it is reality but thought no, I would not stand here if it were reality and I jumped and tried to fly like iron man( although without the suit), I gained a little height but fell on a nearby road, at this point I thought to just wear the suit but saw two men chasing me(maybe it was due to the experience of R99, which I had read) I knew they were coming to get me, so I jumped again gained a little height and I holded a wire and jumped again, hanged on another wire and then finally reached on the metro track which is near my house
the above gives an image on how the tracks are,so I was on the sideways of the track and I saw two people already there and knew they were there to stop me from flying, and I noticed one of them was my classmate, so, I decided to ask why they were stopping me, but no reply they just ignored, i took no more effort to talk to them but turned around and thought i would get someone to talk to but the person did not appear where I expected him to be. So I left this idea. I started deciding how will I fly, and thought of Like HULK and jumped and landed about a km away, again on the metro track, I was not happy with night so, I expected sun at horizon and saw the reddish sky at a direction(when I woke up I realized it was actually east), I tried to pull the sun up ahead, no success. I closed my eyes( for the first time ever in my dreams) and tried to pull up the sun up on my head with my hand, I also felt the light raising from dark to red behind my eyelids, then I opened my eyes, I was at the same place and so was the sun.
Then a train was coming I tried to touch it, it was very soft like clothe and as I touched it, it stopped and some people were there too, who came out of it.
The next thing I remember, I was opening a door( still lucid), as I opened it I felt like, I can't open my eyes fully, they were forcing to shut, but I forced open them( i thought the dream scene was not fully constructed), it was a small room, there was another door, I closed my eyes and expected someone to be there, and then opened them, but was back on my bed awake. I was not disappointed that I woke up but happy to have a LD.

I woke up and saw that someone had rung the doorbell, but I had not heard it in my dream.
I wonder if that woke me up or that closing and opening of eyes.
Another thing I would like to tell, before this dream, I had a semilucid dream in which I was a little aware but not enough to control the dream, but I just went on with the dream.

Interpretation would be helpful.
I was not able to complete any of my goals because of that RC failure as it was in a sequence, I also did not demand clarity.

Any advices to avoid the mistakes I have done would be great.
Do a reality check

taniaaust1

Re: FA turned into an LD

Postby taniaaust1 » 17 Mar 2013 09:32

Sounds like you did great with that one :D esp to think to write "I are dreaming" on your phone screen. I loved eading about your HULK jump.

I was thinking all this and rubbing my hands, then from that pen I wrote I am dreaming on my phone screen (this helped me get more awareness), then I tried to do a reality check, I tried to get my hand through that phone and believed it will, but it didn't, I tried again with more belief,fail.

Im very curious thou why you did a reality check when you already knew you were dreaming? When we reality check in such a way, when we ALREADY know we are dreaming, its like putting in doubts that you are so at that point it just then caused more doubts and hence then left you feeling confused (cause your doubts then made the check fail).

I gained a little height but fell on a nearby road, at this point I thought to just wear the suit but saw two men chasing me(maybe it was due to the experience of R99, which I had read) I knew they were coming to get me,

Sounds like you already know why that may of happened in your dream..

If you are getting the metro track by your home in your dreams.. it may not necessarily mean anything (thou it could) but you may of just that into your surroundings due to being so familar to yourself. There isnt really much to interpret in that dream as your own fairly aware thoughts may of been causing most of it.

Thou your dream was a sequence on one thing from another.. the situation still can be changed (even if being chased) and done goals. (what is your first goal?). I personally think going along with the dream flow and interacting with that can sometimes be just as interesting as doing dream goals.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

deepakkumaar97

Postby deepakkumaar97 » 17 Mar 2013 14:41

@taniaaust1
I was expecting a reply from you, there are not many here who read long posts.

taniaaust1 wrote:Sounds like you did great with that one :D esp to think to write "I are dreaming" on your phone screen. I loved eading about your HULK jump.

Actually I had planned to take out a piece of cardboard from my pocket in which I am dreaming is written and keep it all the time, but given a pen and something on which I could write on, I just made it easier, although I planned to keep it with me all the time, but it was gone before even jumping out of my window.

taniaaust1 wrote: Im very curious thou why you did a reality check when you already knew you were dreaming? When we reality check in such a way, when we ALREADY know we are dreaming, its like putting in doubts that you are so at that point it just then caused more doubts and hence then left you feeling confused (cause your doubts then made the check fail).

I was thinking it would help me gain more awareness, but like you are saying it only put me in doubts and confusion. Next time I won't do that. Thank You for this advice.

taniaaust1 wrote:Thou your dream was a sequence on one thing from another.. the situation still can be changed (even if being chased) and done goals. (what is your first goal?). I personally think going along with the dream flow and interacting with that can sometimes be just as interesting as doing dream goals.

Yeah, situations can be changed, but I think that's pretty advanced right now.
As for the goals, I won't refer to them as first, because the first ones were stabilizing the LD for about 15-20 minutes(done) and flying without aid(I did it once) and good vividness (I made them right after joining this forum).
As for my present goals, I have three
  1. Observing the dream (Mostly people have this as their last but I listed in beginning because this will train me not to drift away from a LD to a normal dream easily)
  2. Change the scenery(Go through a dream door)(to a beach)
  3. Feel the cold water of the sea(its related from the above one)

If you think these are too advanced, please suggest me something that will help me in my future LDs.
Do a reality check

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 18 Mar 2013 00:13

There is something u should work to change. That being your thinking that some things are "too advanced" as that thought pattern will end up then making things things harder then they would of been otherwise for you. Take care not to make things hard just cause you believe they are harder.

Feeling temperature of something In a dream.. has always come naturally to me and isnt something I have ever needed to try to do.

Find yourself an icecream in your dream and you will see that you do not have to "think" of it as being cold, it will be cold anyway.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

Return to “Share Your Lucid Dreams”