Pets!!

For all other chat which isn't directly related to lucid dreaming and the world of sleep and dreams.
LucidLeon

Pets!!

Postby LucidLeon » 16 Mar 2013 11:25

I thought it'd be fun idea to share pictures of our pets! :) I've got two cats and I absolutely adore them both:

The first one if a male called Snarf and the second one is a female called Soda. My family got them in November when they were kittens, and they've grown a lot since then. :lol: Snarf is a big baby, while Soda is a ball of energy.

I hope some of you guys feel like sharing your pets! :)

taniaaust1

Re: Pets!!

Postby taniaaust1 » 17 Mar 2013 06:26

I have a really nice outdoor area which I keep a crocodile in.

:lol: only kidding. Ive been trying to stir my boyfriend up for weeks by telling him Im going to get a pet crocodile as soon as Im able to save up for one. There is a pet shop not far from me which has a few of these up for sale (very uncommon pet for where I are). As I have the tendancy in real life at times to do some very odd things esp as far as animals go, he currently dont know whether to believe me or not. (I once brought home a wild goat in my car which I rescued from a waterhole while I was out camping. That goat who I thought was only a kid.. ended up being an adult runt and had its own kid in my backyard). I kept the goats for quite a while (till the kid was bigger then its mum) before giving them away.

I currently have no pets but are planning to be a cat/kitten foster for one of the animal rescues as soon as my house is sorted out from my house move. I also have a fish pond but no fish (got to sort the pond out first). Im also considering making myself an ant farm www.anthillwood.com/index.asp?pageid=380430 as I find them fascinating and have been doing some ant research of late.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

deepakkumaar97

Postby deepakkumaar97 » 17 Mar 2013 07:07

taniaaust1 wrote:I have a really nice outdoor area which I keep a crocodile in.

I really believed it for a second and thought is there anything weird you don't do before reading the next line.

BTW, I have budgies, 13 of them, and 4 eggs ready to be hatched.

The above two pics are from a long time ago.
Now they have grown up(not in size)
The blue one from the above pic is now like this.

A group photo

I love them, and they, in return come in my dreams frequently,once out(we let them roam in our house freely) they won't let me do any work, especially one, who prefers to sit on my pen whenever I am doing some work and when i am on Computer , she would sit on my shoulder.
Do a reality check

LucidLeon

Postby LucidLeon » 17 Mar 2013 11:21

tania, a crocodile would be a really cool pet I imagine, but time consuming to take care of! As for weird pets I'd love to own a mini pig, a ferret and especially an owl! (I love them <3) Unfortunately that's not legal in Sweden, and it'd be too big of a project to start out when you've just graduated. :lol: But who knows, maybe I'll be the owner of a pet owl someday!

I wish you all luck with your fish pond, and turning your home into a cat/kitten foster! (which is a wonderful idea btw!)

deepakkumaar97, that's wonderful! Budgies are so cute, my friend has got one and he's the most adorable thing ever... he's always flying around and sitting on people's heads/shoulders ^^

Ryan

Postby Ryan » 17 Mar 2013 18:23

The one on the left is Daphne, we adopted her roughly three years ago.
The one on the right is Mikey, he came with my fiance. :) They were a package deal. hehe

Both dogs are lab mixes.
For more information, please visit my website
http://www.unlimitedboundaries.ca/
Or join my forums!
http://www.unlimitedboundaries.ca/forums/

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 18 Mar 2013 01:35

LucidLeon wrote:tania, a crocodile would be a really cool pet I imagine, but time consuming to take care of! As for weird pets I'd love to own a mini pig, a ferret and especially an owl! (I love them <3) Unfortunately that's not legal in Sweden, and it'd be too big of a project to start out when you've just graduated. :lol: But who knows, maybe I'll be the owner of a pet owl someday!

Ive had quite a variety of pets in the past (well some of these were my daughters when she was young and living home with me). She had a pet rat. I had a pet axolotol http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Axolotl , I also had a pony (Welsh Mountain), horse (Appaloosa.. he had the spots all over his rump) and a sheep which I used to use to keep the grass down in my yard. When a child I had some pet kangaroos and a Wallaroo (Euro) ..used to do animal rescue, pigeons and used to love to collect and keep spiders (esp had fascination with the poisonous varieties).

I had 3 kittens which I'd rescued at the start to the year from being shot, now thou in good homes (I'll post some pics of my past pets some time).

I wish you all luck with your fish pond, and turning your home into a cat/kitten foster! (which is a wonderful idea btw!)

thanks :D Im thinking about also getting some frogs to go around the pond.

Je-Je

Postby Je-Je » 05 Apr 2013 12:39

This is mine haha
Attachments
Cat.jpg
Cat.jpg (5.18 KiB) Viewed 2983 times
I discovered Lucid Dream by watching the film Inception(2012)
Lucid Dream Count: 31+
Normal Dream Count: +∞
Objective: Make 30 Lucid-Dreams this year(2016).

Ryan

Postby Ryan » 05 Apr 2013 13:48

All so adorable.
Sometimes, I swear, I like animals more than people. :D ;)
For more information, please visit my website
http://www.unlimitedboundaries.ca/
Or join my forums!
http://www.unlimitedboundaries.ca/forums/

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 11 Apr 2013 10:40

is there a way to attach a photo here without having to put it online somewhere first?

I still would love to put up a picture of some of my past pets, I'd love to show you all my horse and kangaroo i used to have and the kittens I had several months ago.

Tomorrow Im going to be foster mummy so I'll finally have a pet again. I think the cat Im fostering from Flicks is the following one http://www.petrescue.com.au/listings/207933 . Its being brought to me in the morning.

I highly recommend doing fostering of rescues to anyone interested in helping animals (her sponsor will pay for flea, worming etc so the rescue org dont have to do so.. I just feed and look after her till she finds a home).

mia

Postby mia » 13 Apr 2013 22:17

I think I agree with Ryan; sometimes I like animals a lot more than people too.
The key to creativity is to remove the watchers from the gates, and realize how free you really are.

Return to “Off-Topic”