LD applications

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
HAGART

Re: LD applications

Postby HAGART » 18 Mar 2013 22:02

Although keys can be symbolic, I think in this case it was just the same old stuff I tend to keep in my pockets when awake and it was what I subconsciously expected. However I didn't examine them further. I knew immediately that they were ones I don't recognize and there were about 5 of them on one key ring. Perhaps if I examined them and asked myself what does this one open, how about this one... it would have been more meaningful.

Or I may have simply assumed this one is for the front door, this one is for the mail box, this one is for the car.... Sometimes my lucid dreams are very mundane without much meaning at all, and I try not to attribute meaning to them and perhaps that is why there is no meaning. Because I wasn't looking for meaning.

However, if I reached in my pocket and felt a sharp pain and then pulled out a snake that had just bitten me.... that would certainly have some meaning for me to ponder. But in this case, I think I was just being a boring lucid dreamer and the things in my pockets were average, everyday, mundane things.
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 18 Mar 2013 23:47

Now that I have thought about it more, what I should have done was kept searching. After all the usual expected stuff was pulled out, who know what I would have found. Pockets in a dream are bottomless and I should have just kept going. There is always next time. And if I remember to do this again I'll post what I find or even if find nothing at all. This needs it's own topic, not because the other suggestions are unimportant, but because this is going off tangent, and if I ever do this again I will create it, but not 'till then.
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 20 Mar 2013 09:35

HAGART wrote:Although keys can be symbolic, I think in this case it was just the same old stuff I tend to keep in my pockets when awake and it was what I subconsciously expected. However I didn't examine them further. I knew immediately that they were ones I don't recognize and there were about 5 of them on one key ring. Perhaps if I examined them and asked myself what does this one open, how about this one... it would have been more meaningful.

I used to think the mundane things in my dreams, those every day life things were meaningless but over time Ive come to see that those are very often symbolic for me too. Its taken me years of studying my dreams to see that.

Now that I have thought about it more, what I should have done was kept searching. After all the usual expected stuff was pulled out, who know what I would have found. Pockets in a dream are bottomless and I should have just kept going.

Thanks.. that is good thinking. I would be far more interesting to pull unexpected stuff out. I like the idea of someone giving this subject its own thread.

"Whats in your dream pockets?".
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 22 Mar 2013 14:18

I started a thread on the what's in your dream pockets? thing and posted the LD I just had and how that challenge went for me http://www.world-of-lucid-dreaming.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=3541

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 24 Mar 2013 03:44

taniaaust1 wrote: I have a massive list of dream goals, which I'll find where I've put it some time and post my long list.
- I have a lot of things on mine which Im too scared to do in real life or just dont have the chance to. eg Firewalking, sky diving from a plane, ride a lion.
- I have a lot of quest goals too.. find a unicorn, find the end of the rainbow to find the lepracorn and his pot of Gold :D (Dream quests can be so fun!! The idea being dont just manifest the things immediately before you but have the thought you need to look for them like do a quest to find them).
- Then I have go back in time quests.. eg prehistoric, ancient greece, ancient egypt.

As a child I loved Enid Blytons Books.. The Folk of the Faraway tree where there was a lands which changed at the top of a magic tree. So one of my dream goals is to find a seed for a "jack-in-the-beanstalk, plant the seed and then grow the beanstalk but at the top of mine will be lands which change... different land at the top each time I dream. I wonder what my mind will come up with when I do that dream challenge (I love fantasy stuff)

I'll find my dream goal list some time.

I just found my dream challenge list Ive put together some time ago.. I thought up 70 different LD challenges (thou for some you will have to do up the challenge in up to 10 different dreams to complete). Ive also added to it a couple of the challenges from this site. (some things in this list Ive already done. Ive graded it as some of this will be used at another LD site for the other sites challenges).

LUCID DREAM CHALLENGES
* Fly
- level 1 .. fledging. Fly in some way eg flapping arms as wings, flying carpet/chair etc
- level 2 ..advanced. Fly like superman into space.

* Abracadabra
1a Something not to your liking?.. abracadabra it . Make something you want appear in your dream
b. "Abracadabra" or will a light to come on.

* Self discovery Challenges
-level 1.. Find out what is in your pants pocket?.
-level 2...Study what you are wearing from head to toe.
-level 3a...Observe your clothing in enough dreams to work out if your subconsciousness has its own favourite clothing it likes to dress you in?
3b.... Manifest/Find yourself clothing from another culture or time and dress up in them.

* Walk on Water

* Extreme Sports
- firewalk
- paracuting
- bungee jumping
- big wave surfer
- white water rafting

*Morphing
- level 1: Morph something into something else.
- level 2a: Morph something about yourself eg hair, clothes.
- level 3a: Morph something which you are fearful of into something not to be feared. eg spider into a butterfly (I once morphed a scary demon into an innocent little boy).
3b. Morph yourself into something entirely different then human eg an animal.
3c. Turn night into day.

* Traveller
level 1a- Create a magic doorway and use it to get to a different location
b- Moon
c- Mars
d- Antartica
e-Journey to the Bottom of Ocean. Level 2 breath underwater like a fish.

*Time Traveller
-level 1 ...Ancient Egypt (explore a pyramid)
....Ancient Rome
....Prehistoric Times (see a dinosaur there)
- level 2 .. build or manifest a time machine and use it to go a couple of different time locations to see your future self

*Other World Explorer
-level 1 New Explorer .. Visit another world
-level 2 .. Visit Fairy or Giant land or several different worlds
-level 3 Experienced World Explorer.. Have visited at least 10 different worlds

* Olympics
-level 1.. Go to the Olympics
-level 2 ..Complete in the Olympics
-level 3.. Win gold at the Olympics

*Food
-level 1 .. find some food and eat it (goal compare how it tastes to real life)
-level 2 .. Make yourself a sandwich (the ingredients may symbolically give you a message)
-level 3...Morph yucky looking food or food you dont like to the best food ever and eat it

*Riding
-level 1.. Ride any animal of your choosing
-level 2.. Ride a dophin
-level 3 .. Ride a dangerous animal eg lion, dragon, tranosaurous rex

Dream Character Challenges
-level 1....Meet a dream character and get its name.
-level 2....Get to know a dream character and find out its name, where its from, does it work?
-level 3... Become friends with a dream character.
-level 4... Meet and get to know at least 10 dream characters (Goal.. To find a reincurring dream character that you dont know in real life)

*Warrior Challenge
- Protect or save yourself or another

* Gardener's Challenge
-level 1.. Find an unknown seed and plant it and see what grows
-level 2.. Plant a seed of your favourite fruit.
-level 3 Jack-in-the-beanstalk. Plant a giant bean stalk seed, grow it and then use it to climb up into an unknown land.

*Get together Challenge
- Meet up with others from a LD site in your lucid dream.

* Find and meet these beings
level 1a- Faries
b-unicorn
c-dragon
d-gnome
e-Elf
f-goblin
g-Pegasus
h-Griffin
i-Cyclops
j-mermaid
k-minotaur
l-centaur
m-phoenix
n-giant
o-lake monster
p-selkie
q-wizard
r -sea serpent
s-spinx
t -werewolf
u - bunyip
v - ET
level 2.. Leprechaun quest.. follow a rainbow to find a leprechaun and its pot of gold
Last edited by taniaaust1 on 26 Mar 2013 07:20, edited 2 times in total.

deepakkumaar97

Postby deepakkumaar97 » 24 Mar 2013 07:35

Now, my list is getting bigger and bigger. At least for one year I don't have to worry what to do in my LDs and I can always repeat my favorites.
Thank you very much.

@taniaaust1
Study what you are wearing from head to toe.

Observe your clothing in enough dreams to work out if your subconsciousness has its own favourite clothing it likes to dress you in?
(I really like this idea, one big reason, You can do this in all your LDs, this would just take 2 minutes, and after that I would make a list of my clothes in LDs)

Walk on Water
This would be really fun.
Do a reality check

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 24 Mar 2013 19:47

I just thought up another LD challenge which I think could have some interesting outcomes.

Go and visit a LD zoo and see if there are any strange animals there. I know in my non lucid dreams I get a lot of very strange animals coming into them, so I wonder if I went and visited my LD zoo if that would be full of weird animals. (I dont tend to get animals usually coming into my LDs).

PrototypeTEGTA
Location: In an alternative universe where 'peace' and 'unity' actually make sense.

Postby PrototypeTEGTA » 25 Mar 2013 14:38

Shrink yourself to an atom, and experience the wonder of the chemistry world and atomic interactions and feel the electrical charging between you and other atoms. This idea is a whole new dream-life on its own.
Dream inside a dream inside another dream- Inception style.
Create a planet with a civilization inhabiting it, either consciously or unconsciously and see what they are doing/planning to do.
"Saying 'I have 100$' is like saying 'I have 100 inches'. Inches of what? Ropes? Books? iPads? Money can be a means and a tool to get what you want. But remember, in a camping experience, money is only good for kindling and wiping your butt."

lucidinthe sky

Postby lucidinthe sky » 09 Apr 2013 00:49

I would highly recommend swimming underwater for anyone who hasn't experienced that yet.

Don't forget that doing ordinary things in dreams can be quite enjoyable. A few I've enjoyed are: tasting a cup of coffee, being hugged by a dream guide, grabbing tree branches (I do this quite often especially as I'm levitating up through the trees), bleeding (a little gory), hiking on a trail in the wilderness, sitting a table with a few DCs just enjoying the one-way conversation, picking up dirt, picking up gravel, picking up just about anything and feeling it, the list goes on and on.
Have you ever had a dream, Neo, that you were so sure was real? What if you were unable to wake from that dream? How would you know the difference between the dream world and the real world? Morpheus

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 09 Apr 2013 09:32

lucidinthe sky wrote:I would highly recommend swimming underwater for anyone who hasn't experienced that yet.

Don't forget that doing ordinary things in dreams can be quite enjoyable. A few I've enjoyed are: tasting a cup of coffee, being hugged by a dream guide, grabbing tree branches (I do this quite often especially as I'm levitating up through the trees), bleeding (a little gory), hiking on a trail in the wilderness, sitting a table with a few DCs just enjoying the one-way conversation, picking up dirt, picking up gravel, picking up just about anything and feeling it, the list goes on and on.

umm thanks. That made me think that I'd love to experience the ease of swinging throu trees like monkeys do or like Tarzan on vines.

Ive also added "Hyjack a DC" on my list of things I want to do after reading one of lucidintheskys experiences where she forced a DC to speak to her after threatening to make it do something it didnt want to do. Im going to force my wont talk to me DCs to speak to me too :D

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”