First accidental lucid dream

Tell us about your first lucid dream - and your latest. We want all the juicy details. Also share results of dream challenge experiments.
CFH983743

First accidental lucid dream

Postby CFH983743 » 19 Mar 2013 17:12

I don't remember the first part of my dream(non-lucid), but eventually I'm looking at a lamp and the picture was very clear(weird, I know). Then I woke up I was lucid and realized it, I looked down at my hands. I had way to many fingers on both hands and where the last "pinky fingers" were, the were kind of cut off(like i was cross-eyed). My hands were also covered in blood, I could not feel, smell or taste the blood like normal.
I started spinning very fast(not sure why, I can't exactly remember my thoughts, but this I remember reading spinning can prolong your lucid dream), weird thing is I didn't get dizzy, and it took no effort at all; it was kind of like I just thought I should spin and it happened. Next I thought I should fly, so I jumped but came down. At the time I just thought "oh, it didn't work," but I actually floated for a second(didn't realize it though). When I opened the door(I woke up in my room) I immediately blacked out.

This whole dream I was kind of in denial, looking back I can see many points that probably would've shot me into full lucidity had I been thinking and had greater self awareness; but as I said I was very surprised and kind of in denial. Overall this was a great experience and will definitely motivate me to start meditating. I also am attempting to WILD :D .

deepakkumaar97

Re: First accidental lucid dream

Postby deepakkumaar97 » 19 Mar 2013 17:43

First of all, Congratulations for your first LD.
Yes this should surely motivate you.

And as for the WILD attempts, do not get disappointed if you don't get fast results, they may take a lot of time and attempts, be patient, I know this from my personal experience (I also got impatient). So, I thought to advice you in advance.

CFH983743 wrote: My hands were also covered in blood, I could not feel, smell or taste the blood like normal.

If you believe in dream symbolization and interpretation:
Blood in dreams reflects emotional pain in waking life. If you are bleeding in a dream, it is a symbol of draining life force.
What painful situation in your waking life is sapping your strength?
Blood can also symbolize feelings of guilt, especially if it is on your hands(an act we have committed).
Think about it.
Do a reality check

CFH983743

Re: First accidental lucid dream

Postby CFH983743 » 19 Mar 2013 18:00

Thank you! I have not entered the Hypnagogic State yet, but I try every night before sleep and when I wake up at night. As for the blood, this was not frightening and this does not usually happen in my dreams(I just noticed in the original post I said "I could not feel, smell or taste the blood like normal." This was incorrect phrasing on my part, I mostly meant I could not really sense it as you could when awake; also how I didn't think to smear it on anything or lick my hands.). I do actually have anxiety though and am kind of paranoid by nature, I also have ADHD and over-think sometimes, which greatly contributes to my paranoia and anxiety. I also have a hard time with school because I am extremely sensitive to any stimuli. That may be draining my sanity and motivation.

Return to “Share Your Lucid Dreams”