Recurring Places

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
Notoriou

Recurring Places

Postby Notoriou » 20 Mar 2013 08:16

I recently had a dream in which I was in my neighborhood, but in all of my dreams my neighborhood is different than how it is in reality, the funny part is, the differences are always the same. Also, its only a certain part of my neighborhood that I dream about(or at least that a remember dreaming about). So when I remembered this dream I had last night, I realized that in the dream I traveled to a different part of my neighborhood.

And there was another recurring place that I came across. The second place I dreamt about was a road. Strangely enough, I cannot remember ever seeing this road while awake, its a long road and toward the end is a hill that leads to a mysterious park. The park isn't really much of a park. I can't remember the details of it other than it normally doesn't have people in it, but I know there isn't much. I can say with certainty that I've never been to the park either. But this road isn't normally a part of the dreams I have about my neighborhood. And the road always appears in a different location. For example, once I had a dream I was at some relatives' house(although it wasn't their real house or neighborhood) and I decided to take a walk. I came across the road there as well.

After thinking about it for some time, I came to the conclusion that my subconscious is trying to lead me somewhere or tell me something. Although, I'm not quite sure where. This part could just be me over analyzing it, but if I had to guess, I would say that based on my current situation in reality, it's something like "The journey is more important than the destination." But I'd like to hear from other people about your experience(s) with reoccurring things in dreams. Or your opinion on the subject.

taniaaust1

Re: Recurring Places

Postby taniaaust1 » 20 Mar 2013 09:39

It may be the road trying to symbolise your current life path.. pay attention to things like .. is the road long? winding, busy, dirt/concrete etc etc All the things will mean something.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

Highlander

Re: Recurring Places

Postby Highlander » 20 Mar 2013 12:48

I too have recurring places that i don't know about.
Some i do. Curioulsy i go to places that i go there every day in my waking life but in my dream the place is as it was on my childhood.
But i also go to buildings, offices, in many dreams, that i don't recognize them.

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”