How do i get my mind to be aware of a dream sign!

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
RubberSoul147

How do i get my mind to be aware of a dream sign!

Postby RubberSoul147 » 16 Mar 2013 17:40

I've seen one dream sign and its video games i just did my dream journal this whole morning and from 5-9 o'clock in the morning. I had 3 dreams on video games. But how do i get my mind to see that this is a dream sign when i go to sleep and see it again.

tea

Re: How do i get my mind to be aware of a dream sign!

Postby tea » 18 Mar 2013 20:27

could you rephrase your question please? i really don't understand what you mean..

from what i understood you have a slightly wrong idea of what dream signs are.. or i may be wrong about that.

so: what are dreams signs to you and what is your question?
☺ nice, you are a curious one! come, follow me into the rabbit hole if you want to: http://lost-and-fun.tumblr. com/

RubberSoul147

Postby RubberSoul147 » 20 Mar 2013 00:25

I meant, how can i get my brain to recognize video games as a dream sign so once i see a video game in my dream my brain alerts me and lets me do a reality check in the dream

I think dream signs are special occurences that happen over and over again like video games in my dreams, i see them frequently. I might be wrong.

Ryan

Postby Ryan » 20 Mar 2013 02:31

Do a google search on "mindfulness" and "being mindful".

You'll find your answers there.

It's all about recognizing the signs... but one needs to be aware that signs are present first. :)
For more information, please visit my website
http://www.unlimitedboundaries.ca/
Or join my forums!
http://www.unlimitedboundaries.ca/forums/

tea

Postby tea » 20 Mar 2013 09:13

RubberSoul147 wrote:I meant, how can i get my brain to recognize video games as a dream sign so once i see a video game in my dream my brain alerts me and lets me do a reality check in the dream

I think dream signs are special occurences that happen over and over again like video games in my dreams, i see them frequently. I might be wrong.

well.. dream signs are simply things that are "wrong" like talking animals, flying cars etc. by becoming more aware of those dream signs (you can learn about that i rebecca's free e-course http://world-of-lucid-dreaming.com/subscribe.html) you'll learn to become lucid easier.

which means if you see a video game in your dream and it doesn't behave weirdly, i would not call it a dream sign.
still, you CAN train yourself to use the appearance of video games in dreams to become lucid (i think that's what you were asking for, right?). what you can do is to start doing reality checks whenever you remember while playing video games.

for example: you're about to start the console. wait, do a reality check. okay, you hit the ON button, sit down and take the controller. wait, look at your hands closely - is that a dream right now? no? are you sure? (really think about those questions)
okay. play.. whenever while playing you hit PAUSE or think about it, check your hands holding the controller, check the controller itself, simple do reality checks.

remember: just looking at your hands for a second is not a reality check. what's important is to REALLY question reality, take your time to think whether this is a dream or not.
also, asking (and answering) those questions while checking helps too:
- who am i?
- how did i get here?
- what am i going to do next?

another good RC is trying to poke through your own palm with a finger of the other hand. EXPECT it to go through.

i hope this answered your question!
☺ nice, you are a curious one! come, follow me into the rabbit hole if you want to: http://lost-and-fun.tumblr. com/

RubberSoul147

Postby RubberSoul147 » 21 Mar 2013 01:42

alright thanks, really helpful but these reality checks have nothing to do with video games does my mind connect the action i'm doing (playing video games) with the reality checks i do while playing?

tea

Postby tea » 21 Mar 2013 11:47

RubberSoul147 wrote:alright thanks, really helpful but these reality checks have nothing to do with video games does my mind connect the action i'm doing (playing video games) with the reality checks i do while playing?

well.. if it becomes natural to think about dreaming and stuff while playing, it will be way more likely the same thing will happen in a dream and therefore trigger lucidity.

here is another example: when i started to write down my dreams i realized that in almost every dream at least one of my two brothers appears. pretty weird i didn't notice that earlier... anyway, that's the reason why i told them to (whenver they remember and feel like it) ask me whether this is a dream or not. i hope this becomes second nature so that they'll ask me the same thing in my dreams..

get the concept?

RubberSoul147

Postby RubberSoul147 » 22 Mar 2013 02:48

yes alright i got it all now thank you so much i'm starting to understand LDing much more.

Je-Je

Postby Je-Je » 05 Apr 2013 12:20

RubberSoul147 wrote:I meant, how can i get my brain to recognize video games as a dream sign so once i see a video game in my dream my brain alerts me and lets me do a reality check in the dream

Just do a reality check when you see a video game or ask you if you're dreaming, so that in your dream when you will see a video game, you will know that you're dreaming. Simple as it is. ;) :lol:
I discovered Lucid Dream by watching the film Inception(2012)
Lucid Dream Count: 31+
Normal Dream Count: +∞
Objective: Make 30 Lucid-Dreams this year(2016).

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”