What are your religious views?

For all other chat which isn't directly related to lucid dreaming and the world of sleep and dreams.

What are your religious views?

Deeply religious - I follow a strict religious code and trust my life to a higher authority
19%
Somewhat religious - I believe in a higher intelligence watching over us
32%
Agnostic - I'm on the fence; you really can't say either way at this time
25%
Atheist - I don't believe there is a higher intelligence watching over us
25%

Total votes: 118

Ryan

Re: What are your religious views?

Postby Ryan » 20 Mar 2013 03:37

mikeg313 wrote:Its almost like a holiday

It's funny, I've heard of physical life described in that way.
That it's kind of like a 'weekend out' for our consciousness. LoL
For more information, please visit my website
http://www.unlimitedboundaries.ca/
Or join my forums!
http://www.unlimitedboundaries.ca/forums/

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 20 Mar 2013 10:20

mikeg313 wrote:Its almost like a holiday, but for spirits. We ask the Higher Being ( a computer,God, The Devil,etc) Can we go and feel pain? I want to feel suffering. Then we book our flight to the physical world and we are born, because thats the only way to enter, from the soil only to return to the soil of the planet which every planet it is. Of course, we dont remember the spiritual world because we can not touch it ,small it or see it so therefore does not exist, but our dreams is like our postcards "Wish you were here."

There is something very wrong with this view. So we wanted to suffer? We were masochistic spirits? First of all, how can you ask to experience that which you don't know. And if you were shown by this "Higher Being" you speak of, before entering the earthly realm, what would be the point in going? Moreover, I doubt anyone would want to experience pain after glimpsing it. :shock:
"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 20 Mar 2013 11:40

Summerlander wrote:
mikeg313 wrote:Its almost like a holiday, but for spirits. We ask the Higher Being ( a computer,God, The Devil,etc) Can we go and feel pain? I want to feel suffering. Then we book our flight to the physical world and we are born, because thats the only way to enter, from the soil only to return to the soil of the planet which every planet it is. Of course, we dont remember the spiritual world because we can not touch it ,small it or see it so therefore does not exist, but our dreams is like our postcards "Wish you were here."

There is something very wrong with this view. So we wanted to suffer? We were masochistic spirits? First of all, how can you ask to experience that which you don't know. And if you were shown by this "Higher Being" you speak of, before entering the earthly realm, what would be the point in going? Moreover, I doubt anyone would want to experience pain after glimpsing it. :shock:

Humans are into masochistic things all the time. Many women get upset if they end up not being able to have a natural delivery of babies... they can get very upset at missing out of the whole painful experience.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

Ryan

Postby Ryan » 20 Mar 2013 13:56

That, and to learn anything... there needs to be a risk of failure.
Think about what being pure consciousness means... it means zero risk.
So incarnating physically here, along with the rules of this physical reality brings that risk factor.
Or join my forums!

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 20 Mar 2013 19:02

Many women get upset if they end up not being able to have a natural delivery of babies... they can get very upset at missing out of the whole painful experience.

That is absolute bull-crap! :lol:

Many women get upset about not having natural deliveries because they think it makes them less of a woman. The reason for the upset is purely egotistical. Also, my wife gave birth to our last child via C-section and she had suffered enough with contractions! :roll:

That, and to learn anything... there needs to be a risk of failure.
Think about what being pure consciousness means... it means zero risk.
So incarnating physically here, along with the rules of this physical reality brings that risk factor.

Think about being non-existent before birth or being dead once your time is up. Doesn't that also mean zero risk? I don't understand how a term such as "pure consciousness" can apply to the pre-birth state. As far as we're aware, before your parents conceived you, you did not exist and thus were not conscious of anything. Consciousness is something that evolves along with the physical body. :)
"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

Peter

Postby Peter » 20 Mar 2013 19:55

Many women get upset if they end up not being able to have a natural delivery of babies... they can get very upset at missing out of the whole painful experience.

Not BS, in some cases very true. My ex-partner had a C-section and felt ripped off as the pain was part of the experience and it also sends signals to the body that I suspect start other natural body processes. Pain is part of any journey and a road marker - another issue I have with use of words and the common associations like pain is bad - its just pain and can be experienced without "hurt" if you allow yourself to explore it a little
Who are you I asked, the reply "dont be silly, we are your daughers" many years before they were born

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 21 Mar 2013 00:55

Summerlander wrote:

That is absolute bull-crap! :lol:

Many women get upset about not having natural deliveries because they think it makes them less of a woman. The reason for the upset is purely egotistical. Also, my wife gave birth to our last child via C-section and she had suffered enough with contractions! :roll:

I should of made myself clearer. I was more so refering to those who need to have a C-section who dont get to experience contractions etc, they really do wonder what it would of felt like and wished they got to experience the whole thing (not necessarilly due to it making them less then a women not to experience it). Sounds like your wife did get to experience to a degree.

but yeah some too may get upset due to thinking it makes them less then a woman (that thou may be in the minority). Most woman do want to experience this and all it entails (pain and all) no matter what the reason they are wanting to experience it. I know I would of felt very upset and like cheated if I hadnt got to experience it... not cause i would of felt like less of a woman but cause giving birth is one of the greatest experiences in life and I truely really wanted to know what it all felt like. (I know my three sisters feel the same way).
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

Worldenterer1

Postby Worldenterer1 » 21 Mar 2013 02:34

Preexisting spirits that inhabit bodies? What do these spirits do when/if humans become extinct? ;)
Lucid Dream Count: 10
Normal Dream Count: 100+
Goal for next LD: Think with portals.

Ryan

Postby Ryan » 21 Mar 2013 03:58

Worldenterer1 wrote:Preexisting spirits that inhabit bodies? What do these spirits do when/if humans become extinct? ;)

They incarnate into one of the other supposed infinite number of reality frames "out" there.
Or join my forums!

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 21 Mar 2013 11:26

I think what you meant to say, taniaaust, is that women think the pain is worthwhile if it means they have to go through it in order to give birth to their precious offspring. Nobody disputes that. But if nature ruled out pain, if women were guaranteed to feel ecstasy instead as an indication that their babies are about to be born, then this alternative would be favoured over what is the case any day.

To Ryan: that's pure conjecture buddy and a highly improbable one too. First, there is no sign of a spirit controlling the physical body at all, and certainly nothing has been detected to exit the body either. And nobody can say it's beyond scientific measurement either on the grounds of its alleged " non-physicality". If it controls the body, it interacts with the physical, it can be measured, and is thus physical itself by default. They can find the Higgs boson that gives reality's particles their mass and yet they can' t detect the ghost controlling the human body?

There may be multiple universes as part of a now respected interpretation of quantum theory. But their existence is certainly no proof that spirits inhabit them or even this one for that matter. A multiverse wouldn't even prove God's existence either.

Not to mention that many universes could have different energy levels which could lead to different laws of physics, many of which would annul the right chemistry necessary for the propagation of life.

[ Post made via Android ] Image

- Padmasambhava

Return to “Off-Topic”