Hello!

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
CFH983743

Hello!

Postby CFH983743 » 19 Mar 2013 18:17

:D Hey guys, I'm very interested in lucid dreaming; I've started doing reality checks and WILD before I sleep and when I wake up at night. Just a few questions-

1.) On average, how long will it take before reality checks become second nature?

2.) When I attempt to WILD, when I have been meditating/relaxing for a few minutes- my body will start "vibrating," I feels really..... well, weird. I always twitch and always breaks my concentration.

3.) When attempting to WILD, will moving "reset" my progress towards the Hypnagogic State?

Thank you guys, I am eager to acquire knowledge on the subject of dreaming(both lucid and non-lucid).

PrototypeTEGTA
Location: In an alternative universe where 'peace' and 'unity' actually make sense.

Re: Hello!

Postby PrototypeTEGTA » 19 Mar 2013 20:03

CFH983743 wrote::D Hey guys, I'm very interested in lucid dreaming; I've started doing reality checks and WILD before I sleep and when I wake up at night. Just a few questions-

1.) On average, how long will it take before reality checks become second nature?

2.) When I attempt to WILD, when I have been meditating/relaxing for a few minutes- my body will start "vibrating," I feels really..... well, weird. I always twitch and always breaks my concentration.

3.) When attempting to WILD, will moving "reset" my progress towards the Hypnagogic State?

Thank you guys, I am eager to acquire knowledge on the subject of dreaming(both lucid and non-lucid).

Hello there!
1. I believe it isn't that hard to make yourself get used to doing reality checks in waking life, and carry them on into your dream world. Just make sure you do them thoughtfully and willfully.
2. Good start! Don't let that sensation hinder you; you've felt it because you were close, in my opinion, to detach from your body, or in other words, you were close to making your physical body shut off, but you just need to focus more, and relax further. Did you visualize anything while you were at that state?
"Saying 'I have 100$' is like saying 'I have 100 inches'. Inches of what? Ropes? Books? iPads? Money can be a means and a tool to get what you want. But remember, in a camping experience, money is only good for kindling and wiping your butt."

CFH983743

Postby CFH983743 » 19 Mar 2013 20:45

PrototypeTEGTA wrote:2. Good start! Don't let that sensation hinder you; you've felt it because you were close, in my opinion, to detach from your body, or in other words, you were close to making your physical body shut off, but you just need to focus more, and relax further. Did you visualize anything while you were at that state?

This is exciting I've read many different articles but I wasn't sure I understood. I would just meditate and this sensation came. So you're saying that when this sensation comes I'm ready to detach from my body? When should I visualize my dream scene?

PrototypeTEGTA
Location: In an alternative universe where 'peace' and 'unity' actually make sense.

Postby PrototypeTEGTA » 20 Mar 2013 14:50

http://www.world-of-lucid-dreaming.com/wake-induced-lucid-dreams.html

If you haven't read it already, I'm sure this link would answer most of your questions, if not all of them.
Well, you should start visualizing whenever you feel sufficiently relaxed, or when you enter Hypnagogic states. Be sure to engage all your senses while visualizing a dream scene. Feel the air around you, hear the sounds of the waves crashing on the rocks in case you visualized to be on a beach, feel the sun on your skin and imagine the tiniest of the details to fully enrich the dream world. When it begins to feel really 'real' then pop inside your dream, and convert all your awareness to the dream leaving your physical body behind.
"Saying 'I have 100$' is like saying 'I have 100 inches'. Inches of what? Ropes? Books? iPads? Money can be a means and a tool to get what you want. But remember, in a camping experience, money is only good for kindling and wiping your butt."

deepakkumaar97

Postby deepakkumaar97 » 20 Mar 2013 16:58

CFH983743 wrote::1.) On average, how long will it take before reality checks become second nature?

Should not take more than 2 weeks.

CFH983743 wrote::2.) When I attempt to WILD, when I have been meditating/relaxing for a few minutes- my body will start "vibrating," I feels really..... well, weird. I always twitch and always breaks my concentration.

There is nothing weird about these vibrations(although at first it may seem to be), You can continue, most people feel this vibration while attempting WILD(including me). You are advancing.

CFH983743 wrote:3.) When attempting to WILD, will moving "reset" my progress towards the Hypnagogic State?

Depends, like if you have to move to scratch you should scratch away, as, if you don't a part of your concentration starts lying there, so, in this case moving helps.
But try to lay without moving.
Do a reality check

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 20 Mar 2013 23:21

I personally do try to not move.

One can have one scratch then just more and more scratches.... its like the subconsciousness often tries to distract a person. One can practice ignoring this and moving past it. Last time I had a scratch I fought the urge to scratch, the need to then left (like if something inside of me gave up on focusing the distractions) and less then a minute later (may of only been 30 secondds) found myself in a LD.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

CFH983743

Postby CFH983743 » 21 Mar 2013 01:06

Thank you guys for the answers!

Sander

Postby Sander » 21 Mar 2013 13:10

CFH983743 wrote:This is exciting I've read many different articles but I wasn't sure I understood. I would just meditate and this sensation came. So you're saying that when this sensation comes I'm ready to detach from my body? When should I visualize my dream scene?

i sincerely doubt that one can be ready to do OBE's or WILDs after just learning about lucid dreaming :s it's taking me forever just to get a LD, anyway...
Free Your Mind.

First LD: 30/08/2012 :mrgreen:

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 22 Mar 2013 00:31

Sander wrote:
CFH983743 wrote:This is exciting I've read many different articles but I wasn't sure I understood. I would just meditate and this sensation came. So you're saying that when this sensation comes I'm ready to detach from my body? When should I visualize my dream scene?

i sincerely doubt that one can be ready to do OBE's or WILDs after just learning about lucid dreaming :s it's taking me forever just to get a LD, anyway...

Everyone is different and you cant base what another will experience on what you have. Some just reading about it is enough to trigger off LDs. Those that go into all this thinking its hard will often then find it to be hard as that affects things and you will stop your subconsciousness working with you like it could
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

CFH983743

Postby CFH983743 » 22 Mar 2013 02:39

I actually think I haven't been anywhere near a WILD, I think this shaky "electric" feeling has to do with meditating; and my inner energy.

Return to “For Beginners”