morphing in lucid dreams

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
Lucid Dreamer

morphing in lucid dreams

Postby Lucid Dreamer » 13 Mar 2013 03:17

hi! i have recently wanted to change into things when i am lucid dreaming. for instance, i really want to change into a horse or a bird, or even a raindrop! is this possible? it seems so impossible, yet i have done it in non lucid dreams, so it might be possible. if it is, how do i do it? i am guessing that you really picture your body morphing and feel it and stuff. If anyone has done it, i would love to talk with you! please respond even if you haven't morphed on command in a lucid dream. thanks for your help!
"All men whilst they are awake are in one common world: but each of them, when he is asleep, is in a world of his own." ~Plutarch

Peter

Re: morphing in lucid dreams

Postby Peter » 13 Mar 2013 03:33

just ask for it but be prepared for some odd sensations if you want to be a raindrop, just relax and let whatever take you away. Those sorts of requests from the dream are not that odd so you should get some interesting feedback
Who are you I asked, the reply "dont be silly, we are your daughers" many years before they were born

Lucid Dreamer

Postby Lucid Dreamer » 13 Mar 2013 03:38

all you have to do is ask? you would have to be really lucid then right? it just seems like in all my lucid dreams, i can only do thing half way. here are some examples:

i wanted to turn a light on with just telling it to, but it just flickered.
i wanted a night to turn to day by just telling to, but the sky just flickered with light like lighting across the sky
(this happens to me every time, only recently i was able to fly how i wanted, but not fully) i want to fly, but i can only reach a certain height, or i cant.

everything i do in my lds are half of what i really want. it tends to be frustrating and makes me feel like alot of things are impossible.
"All men whilst they are awake are in one common world: but each of them, when he is asleep, is in a world of his own." ~Plutarch

Peter

Postby Peter » 13 Mar 2013 05:47

always will be if you dont accept the progress, half is half way there not half way failed. When I talk about doing something it may have taken me 20 or 30 years to get the skill so accept where you are and its like another world and in this one you wont learn the skills of an adult till you spend a lifetime trying. Not meant to be demeaning so please dont take it that way but is a lot of work to get skillful in the lucid world or it was for me
Who are you I asked, the reply "dont be silly, we are your daughers" many years before they were born

deepakkumaar97

Postby deepakkumaar97 » 13 Mar 2013 08:23

Lucid Dreamer wrote:hi! i have recently wanted to change into things when i am lucid dreaming. for instance, i really want to change into a horse or a bird, or even a raindrop! is this possible? it seems so impossible, yet i have done it in non lucid dreams, so it might be possible. if it is, how do i do it? i am guessing that you really picture your body morphing and feel it and stuff. If anyone has done it, i would love to talk with you! please respond even if you haven't morphed on command in a lucid dream. thanks for your help!

Try standing in front of a mirror and try to see your reflection as a Horse or bird, whatever you want to be.
I have not personally done it, but if you believe, this should do the trick.
Do a reality check

Dark wolf

Postby Dark wolf » 13 Mar 2013 12:38

What works too is imagine there is a machine on the corner of the street what will morph you into (..) I tried it in my last lucid dream (3th) and it worked for like 75%. I transformed into a wolf, had the size of one, was running like one, had exactly the same body as one, but i looked down to my hands and realised i was still look like a human, Well it was still a great experience, You should try to run around and imagine a machine what will morph you into something!
Life is a gift, Not a right.

Lucid Dreamer

Postby Lucid Dreamer » 14 Mar 2013 14:50

@peter: okay. thank you for that insight.
@Darkwolf: yes. I did have a dream before (non-lucid) where there was this machine where you could transform into an animal. when i transformed into a horse, i cam out as this ugly cartoon one though.
@Deep: i will try that.

thank you all!

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 16 Mar 2013 11:35

Lucid Dreamer wrote:all you have to do is ask? you would have to be really lucid then right? it just seems like in all my lucid dreams, i can only do thing half way. here are some examples:

i wanted to turn a light on with just telling it to, but it just flickered.
i wanted a night to turn to day by just telling to, but the sky just flickered with light like lighting across the sky
(this happens to me every time, only recently i was able to fly how i wanted, but not fully) i want to fly, but i can only reach a certain height, or i cant.

everything i do in my lds are half of what i really want. it tends to be frustrating and makes me feel like alot of things are impossible.

I may be just cause you arent sure of yourself and dont trust your own abilities to do these things. You got to be sure and truely believe you can just do things.. any little doubts will show. Try really psyching yourself up for it.. eg tell yourself "I can do this, I can do this" and make sure you truely believe you can before you try.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

Lucid Dreamer

Postby Lucid Dreamer » 23 Mar 2013 21:12

yeah! you're right! i am psyched! i WILL do it! and im gonna write about it afterwards! thanks! i am excited to do it now!

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 23 Mar 2013 22:07

Lucid Dreamer wrote:yeah! you're right! i am psyched! i WILL do it! and im gonna write about it afterwards! thanks! i am excited to do it now!

If you have failed with the lights in the past.. I suggest to start changing other things first and build up your confidence in your dream abilities.

Its always possible when one is finding something hard to do in a dream... it may be cause its going completely against whatever subconscious message the subconsciousness really wants to give (it may not just be due to the persons lack of confidence in their own ability that a problem is happening with a certain thing) eg someone going throu troubled times in daily life may have more trouble turning on lights due to the symbolics of something troubling in life stuff (eg darkness, not as bright) going on at that time and hence of what is the truth for the subconsciousness to be saying. Another example would be.. someone who is being held back by things in daily life.. it is possible that they may have "more trouble" flying in dreams then others (due to the symbolics of what flying means when it comes to life stuff). *Note Im not saying this necessarily completely stops a person from doing certain things in a dream, just that it can make them harder to achieve then another person who may be carrying the same mind set in dream ability.

A persons subconciousness is always trying to manifest in dreams and hence some times one will have to work harder to achieve something in a dream if the subconciousness wants to express what is going on in your life in an opposite way. So if you are having trouble changing something in one area of your dream.. be aware this could also be playing a part and may not necessarily mean you will have trouble changing other things in your dream. (thou as someone may be feeling discouraged with the other failure, they can then project that failure of "I can only half do it" onto other situations in the dream and then that can impact other things in dreams. Hence why its very important to keep having faith that you can do these things)

So work to get your confidence up and believe in you... you can do it and start morphing and changing things.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

Return to “For Beginners”