Can combined LD techniques eventually not work anymore?

Discuss lucid dreaming techniques including dream recall, MILD, WILD, meditation and other ways of attaining lucidity in dreams.
Guitar48300

Can combined LD techniques eventually not work anymore?

Postby Guitar48300 » 23 Mar 2013 02:14

This monday I had a lucid dream and I remember everything I did to try to get one. I havent been able to do everything I did that night due to school. So I'm trying it all again on weekends, and practicing what I can during school days. I have hope that by doing it all again, I can get another LD.
However, since lucid dreams cant be certain, it makes me wonder if techniques can work for me one night, then not work next time I do them, or if it's just chance whether what I do gets me a lucid dream or not.
Last edited by Guitar48300 on 24 Mar 2013 00:08, edited 1 time in total.
Roxas: Did you have fun chatting with the ghosts?
Sora: You shouldn't call them "ghosts". Sure something seemed a little off but I'm sure they're still my friends

-KH Re:coded
xat.com/luciddreamers if anyone wants to use it

Peter

Re: Can combined LD techniques eventually not work anymore?

Postby Peter » 23 Mar 2013 05:00

The biggest need for a LD is intent, an unbending and unwaviering belief that it can and will happen. if this starts to go and it does for lots of reasons the results seem to go as well, the answer is easy as well just get rested and get focused and for the times even it that is weeks dont beat yourself up, just keep dreaming and recording and enjoy life
Who are you I asked, the reply "dont be silly, we are your daughers" many years before they were born

lucidinthe sky

Postby lucidinthe sky » 23 Mar 2013 05:37

Peter wrote:The biggest need for a LD is intent, an unbending and unwaviering belief that it can and will happen. if this starts to go and it does for lots of reasons the results seem to go as well, the answer is easy as well just get rested and get focused and for the times even it that is weeks dont beat yourself up, just keep dreaming and recording and enjoy life

Absolutely true. The main reason I fail to have lucid dreams is not technique, it's that I don't want them badly enough. It's easy to focus on the method and I can think to myself, "but of course I want to have a lucid dream, what do mean?" They rarely happen if intent and belief are not at their maximum levels. They must be very strong and I find it diffcult to keep it that level every night. What happens for me is the longer the time that passes without one, the more I want it until eventually I just will into happening. It's really different than any other thing I've done in that way.
Have you ever had a dream, Neo, that you were so sure was real? What if you were unable to wake from that dream? How would you know the difference between the dream world and the real world? Morpheus

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 23 Mar 2013 23:47

Like the others said, its the belief that you can do this which can be one of the most important things.

A technique you have used before which has worked.. is more likely to work for one again then another unproven to oneself technique as you have extra faith that it can work for you.

Intent and faith in yourself and your ability to do these things, nothing more important then that. eg one who thinks LD is going to be hard can subconsciously impose issues onto it and make it harder.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

Return to “Lucid Dreaming Techniques”