half lucid, half awake

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
Lucid Dreamer

half lucid, half awake

Postby Lucid Dreamer » 14 Mar 2013 15:08

hi. so many times i have had this state of mind where i was kind of dreaming, and aware of it, but still aware of the real life surrounding me. so often, i just let go, attempting to wait it out, hoping that i will become less awake per se. so this is just a straight out action of giving away a lucid dream. but i dont want to wake up either. what should i do in this state of mind to ensure i dive deeper into dreaming, not waking up? i want to grasp this state of mind, not through it away.
"All men whilst they are awake are in one common world: but each of them, when he is asleep, is in a world of his own." ~Plutarch

tea

Re: half lucid, half awake

Postby tea » 14 Mar 2013 15:51

have you tried dream stabilization yet?
http://www.world-of-lucid-dreaming.com/how-to-stay-lucid.html
☺ nice, you are a curious one! come, follow me into the rabbit hole if you want to: http://lost-and-fun.tumblr. com/

Lucid Dreamer

Postby Lucid Dreamer » 14 Mar 2013 15:56

i have read this article, and have done this in many dreams. but this is different. i am aware of the waking life around me. i am afraid that if i perform anything, it will wake me up.
"All men whilst they are awake are in one common world: but each of them, when he is asleep, is in a world of his own." ~Plutarch

Dark wolf

Postby Dark wolf » 14 Mar 2013 18:48

Lucid Dreamer wrote:i have read this article, and have done this in many dreams. but this is different. i am aware of the waking life around me. i am afraid that if i perform anything, it will wake me up.

I had such a same experience but i was not lucid at all. it was just dreaming but still aware of everything... Still don't know what it is :|
Life is a gift, Not a right.

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 15 Mar 2013 03:15

Lucid Dreamer wrote:i have read this article, and have done this in many dreams. but this is different. i am aware of the waking life around me. i am afraid that if i perform anything, it will wake me up.

I get that a lot esp if Im doing WILD from a completely wake state in which I havent had any previous sleep at all. Im still working on deepering and moving into the dream and aware from the sensation of the physical body (which I often feel at the same time).

You do have to be extremely careful not to wake yourself up in this state as its sooo easy to do. So try to pay as little attention to the feelings of your physical body as possible.. so focus on that dream so it can deepen more.

Avoid anything which makes you focus less on what you have before you in the dream eg my suggestions are dont go and try to change dream scenes until dream is fully stabilised as with the dream scene shift if you get a moment of blackness you will be fully just feeling your physical body again since you already are feeling it a bit. Do not try to roll (as that will make you loose what you currently have and what you are needing to get deeper into it not risk loosing it even for a brief moment by taking away the dream sight which is part of what is holding you in the dream).

Im still experiementing on the best way to move from that state where one is in two different places.. to fully into the dream. Its all so touchy and everything Ive tried so far has mostly failed to help pull me deeper into the dream.. eg calling out to another character in the hopes that would having focus on a DC deepen my state just made me loose it (it really didnt help that the DC then ignored me..had he talked back maybe that would of pulled me into it better). Trying to run in the dream.. made me loose it, I got 3 steps then lost the LD (maybe the act of running was too aggressive for that very delicate dream state), spinning always makes me drop out of the delicate in two places at once state and makes me loose the dream....

If I focus on moving a small body part while in this state in my dream eg my hand.. I feel like Im at risk of moving my physical body. Hence when I move in this state I'll move my whole body at once (as I feel less risk of moving my physical body accidently then). Im not game to open my eyes in a dream if my dream sight isnt there and Im feeling myself both in the dream and in the physical at once as I think Im really likely to open up my real eyes then.

One thing which did help thou pull me into dream a bit more was as I love babies.. I got a DC to pass me her baby.. and my focus then on the baby which I then bounced madly on both my knees, it did help pull my consciousness awareness feelings more from my physical body (that was till my sight came in and I saw the baby and it was horrifically ugly which shocked me back fully to my waking body). So if there is something in that dream which you love and which may be able to hold you in and draw your focus there more.. focus on that.

Focusing on sounds in the dream doesnt work for me if Im also hearing the sounds from the real world as more focus on sound, then just makes me also more aware of the sounds in the real world around me as well.

Anyway..its all something Im still working on when Im feeling both physical and non physical at once. I still got tons of stuff Im going to try and hopefully one of those things will work well for me.

Things Ive still got to try
- Manifest something I love into the dream to help me hold focus on the dream and away from my body more
- Use my tactile senses gently in dream rather then the vigourous things Ive been trying eg gently stroke something in the dream
- try calling "clarity now!!" The thing when I get this issue, my brain is often completely clear as far as waking consciousness goes (that's the issue, its too conscious), its just my senses are in two places so Im not sure if the clarity now thing will work for this issue. Im still going to try it as if I can make dream more clearer I guess it will help pull me away from my body more.
- just try to let go and dont do anything (that sounds as if that is what you've been trying but hasnt been working for you.. maybe I'll leave that one at the end of my list to try then).. Rather just to allow myself to flow with whatever is going on in the dream.. and hopefully deepen my state (even if I end up dropping in and out).
- maybe counting would help distract me from my physical body.. Im going to try counting backwards or just counting.

I took a break from doing LDs for a couple of weeks and just started doing it again.. and to my surprise that previous issue I had (the one you are refering too which I was having every single LD with the way Ive been doing them), I havent had in my last 3 lucid dreams since getting back to it thou I havent changed how I was doing them from that. I dont know if its a coincidence or not..or whether the 2 week break changed the way I go into my dreams so Im not entering them so shallowy. Im now finding myself spontanously in them deeper so not dealing with the being in 2 places thing now. **fingers crossed things will stay like this but I wont be surprised if it dont and things go back to how they were before with me having to try to sort that issue out** but maybe a couple of week break would also help this issue shift for you to???? (I dont like to suggest that thou in case you have trouble getting back to having LDs but maybe your body/subconsciousness has got stuck into the pattern of leaving you stuck in experienecing both places at once.. formed a bad habit rather then having an easy flow on from one state to another).

I wonder if me posting in length about what was occurring to me before in reply to your post will make me go back into that issue (I hadnt been thinking about it before now).

Id like to hear what you've tried to deepen your dream when you are experiencing being in waking reality and in the dream at the same time? Anything helped? what hasnt worked for you?
Last edited by taniaaust1 on 23 Mar 2013 22:15, edited 1 time in total.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

Lucid Dreamer

Postby Lucid Dreamer » 23 Mar 2013 21:08

ill let you know when this happens again, and i will try what you said. thank you for your suggestions. although this does not happen often, so it will be a while before i can try.

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 23 Mar 2013 22:19

I successfully got around this issue the other day by having a past lover come into the dream and then I exposed my dream body to him and asked him to touch me. Him touching me in the dream helped to pull me away from my physical body and once I was then stabilised in the dream enough by this.. then I just went and did my own thing.

I suggest to try this seeing moving yourself may wake you... bring another into your dream and have them invoke your dream tactile senses to pull you into the dream more.

I had a chance to use this twice in a dream (thou only one of those times I'd lost the dream enough to be feeling my physical body) but both times it did help pull me deeper into the dream and stabilise it.

(take care not to get too sexually excited thou while trying to stabilise as that could rather then have you lose it... you need to get a sexual dream balance.. enough in the dream to hold your focus more intensely in the dream but not enough to trigger awakening. Just having my skin stroked by the other I brought into the dream, I found enough).

Another thing I recently tried was singing. Thou I wasnt aware of my physical body feelings on the bed at the time with this, I used innerly singing to help stabilize me in a dream. I started singing my head about stuff related to my dream (in my case I decided to start singing "the twelve days of xmas? and put the dream items I was seeing into the song). Maybe innerly singing songs connected to the dream you are seeing would be good to help let go of the physical body feel? I think singing is easier then counting as once you start.. songs just seem to flow and they can be hard to get out of ones hard at times.

lucidinthe sky

Postby lucidinthe sky » 24 Mar 2013 00:16

Does this happen after 7-8 hours of sleep? The reason I ask is because this sounds like what I experience when I try to WILD after sleeping 7 or even 8 hours.
Have you ever had a dream, Neo, that you were so sure was real? What if you were unable to wake from that dream? How would you know the difference between the dream world and the real world? Morpheus

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 24 Mar 2013 00:53

lucidinthe sky wrote:Does this happen after 7-8 hours of sleep? The reason I ask is because this sounds like what I experience when I try to WILD after sleeping 7 or even 8 hours.

So you dont get this at all if you do WILD before sleep? (which is when I have the issues with this).

Return to “For Beginners”