Full body Reality Check

Discuss lucid dreaming techniques including dream recall, MILD, WILD, meditation and other ways of attaining lucidity in dreams.
Highlander

Full body Reality Check

Postby Highlander » 23 Mar 2013 12:47

This is my 3rd lucid dream within 3 days. Cool.

On today's dream there was no sign that awoke me to lucidity. Simply, I doubted if I was dreaming or not.
Reality checks: look at the left hand, 5 fingers. Right hand, 5 fingers. It's all normal. I look at the clock on my cell phone and it's 5:30pm. I look away and look back, the time changed drastically. I look again at my hands. Left hand, 5 fingers. Right hand, 7 fingers. Ok, I'm dreaming.
I decide then to do what i had thought before i sleep, that is to check the rest of my body.
I notice that I'm dressed the way I was before i went to bed: pajamas and socks. I lift my shirt to see my tummy. It's deformed and slightly bigger (i guess i realy have to go the gym). I feel my legs, they are ok. I decide to see my feet. Left foot, 5 fingers. Right foot, about 15 fingers.

One curiosity I noticed in my dreams is that my left hand is, for most of the times, ok but my right hand is the only one deformed. Even the feet.
Last edited by Highlander on 24 Mar 2013 01:36, edited 1 time in total.

taniaaust1

Re: All body Reality Check

Postby taniaaust1 » 23 Mar 2013 23:53

Its a bit coincidental you posted this thread as Ive been thinking about this for the past 24 hrs and wanting to do a full body check in a LD (thou I wasnt planning to use it for reality checking) as it had come to my thoughts that I never go looking at myself other then my hand when Im stabilising or reality checking when Im lucid dreaming.

I have no idea what things I commonly wear in a LD or on other factors of what my body may look like, so this has just gone onto my LD list of things to do.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

Highlander

Re: Full body Reality Check

Postby Highlander » 24 Mar 2013 01:39

Yes. For me, the full body check was not part of a reality check anymore, because the looking at the hands and the time on my cell phone did it for me.

Try it the next time and then tell me what you've experienced.

Return to “Lucid Dreaming Techniques”