Environment/Setting Question

How to control and prolong lucid dreams, increase the intensity, work with dream characters, and communicate with the subconscious.
equesatrum

Environment/Setting Question

Postby equesatrum » 24 Mar 2013 14:44

Dreamers,

For those of you who have a good deal of experience with lucid dreaming I have a question. When you are in a dream and you become lucid, most people describe what they themselves can do, such as flying.

But what happens to the environment around you? What kind of control do you have over environments/locations in general? Are you able to change where you are with just a thought? Do you have to "leave" the area you're in and you can end up wherever you'd like?

So, for example, I have many dreams that occur in the same place, an old house I used to live in. I don't particularly like that house, lot of bad memories, and so if I become lucid there and wanted to change my location, what do I do? If I open the front door will I be in the front yard or, say, the south pole if I want?

If you start flying, what do you see on the ground? Do you see places you recognize? Do you really notice anything or is it a generic landscape?

DeltaV

Re: Environment/Setting Question

Postby DeltaV » 25 Mar 2013 07:49

If you imagine that opening the front door will lead to a new place, then it will. Other methods are available, but doors are a fairly reliable way of getting somewhere else.
You have bought a ticket for a train of thought heading for your wildest dreams. Choose your destination, and enjoy the ride!

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 25 Mar 2013 09:49

But what happens to the environment around you?

When I became lucid in a dream the environment itself Im in doesnt really change. Its like having woken up consciously somewhere else. From there thou it may be altered in various ways.

What kind of control do you have over environments/locations in general? Are you able to change where you are with just a thought? Do you have to "leave" the area you're in and you can end up wherever you'd like?

If lucid one usually has enough control to be able to leave whatever environment one is in. The easiest way is by just walking away from where you find yourself eg if you are in a house you dont like, you can just walk to its door and walk out. Find a car and drive away (if that was your wish).

One can also change where one is by a thought .. easiest way to do that is shut your eyes in the dream and just think of being elsewhere and then reopen your eyes (holding the belief that when you open them, you will be elsewhere). (People who dont have faith in controlling their LD yet eg often new ones at this...can thou find it doesnt work.. you need to believe in yourself and that you can control a dream like this).

When Ive gone up high in a dream, I tend to see the ground and the things below just how one expects one would see them in real life. Eg if high up and looking down. it can appear like as if one is viewing the things below from out of a window of a plane if up that high (but without a window there)..
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

oliverclay

Postby oliverclay » 18 Jun 2013 10:07

Lucid dreams are just relate with you it does not affect the people around you.

Return to “Dream Control Specifics”