What are your religious views?

For all other chat which isn't directly related to lucid dreaming and the world of sleep and dreams.

What are your religious views?

Deeply religious - I follow a strict religious code and trust my life to a higher authority
22
19%
Somewhat religious - I believe in a higher intelligence watching over us
38
32%
Agnostic - I'm on the fence; you really can't say either way at this time
29
25%
Atheist - I don't believe there is a higher intelligence watching over us
29
25%
 
Total votes: 118

User avatar
lucidinthe sky
Posts: 1135
Joined: 10 Dec 2011 22:37
Location: Sacramento, California

Re: What are your religious views?

Postby lucidinthe sky » 24 Mar 2013 18:00

Worldenterer1 wrote:
Well, Summerlander isn't really just going against you because you're you. He's just constantly going against you because you are constantly presenting ideas that are very difficult to believe.


Completely disagree with this. The amount of personal attacks on this thread is rediculous. And this kind of crap :lol: :lol: is very insulting as if to say "see stupid?" I'm not going to put up with it.

If you don't agree with somone's ideas, that's fine and understandable. We can all share our opinions without trying to pass off things off as factual and without insulting or belittling those with whom we disagree.
Have you ever had a dream, Neo, that you were so sure was real? What if you were unable to wake from that dream? How would you know the difference between the dream world and the real world? Morpheus

User avatar
Ryan
Posts: 548
Joined: 07 Aug 2011 19:47
Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Re: What are your religious views?

Postby Ryan » 24 Mar 2013 18:10

Worldenterer1 wrote:He's just constantly going against you because you are constantly presenting ideas that are very difficult to believe.

I think this is a great statement, and ties in nicely to the topic we're discussing here.

So, if what you say is true, then my only question is: Why is what someone else believes such a problem for people like him?
For more information, please visit my website
http://www.unlimitedboundaries.ca/
Or join my forums!
http://www.unlimitedboundaries.ca/forums/

User avatar
Worldenterer1
Posts: 347
Joined: 03 Sep 2011 19:35
Location: Earth

Re: What are your religious views?

Postby Worldenterer1 » 24 Mar 2013 19:47

lucidinthe sky wrote:
Worldenterer1 wrote:
Well, Summerlander isn't really just going against you because you're you. He's just constantly going against you because you are constantly presenting ideas that are very difficult to believe.


Completely disagree with this. The amount of personal attacks on this thread is rediculous. And this kind of crap :lol: :lol: is very insulting as if to say "see stupid?" I'm not going to put up with it.

If you don't agree with somone's ideas, that's fine and understandable. We can all share our opinions without trying to pass off things off as factual and without insulting or belittling those with whom we disagree.


Hay, you might be right. I usually don't have enough time to read every post and just skim through to get main ideas. Maybe I missed some stuff, maybe I didn't.
Lucid Dream Count: 10
Normal Dream Count: 100+
Goal for next LD: Think with portals.

User avatar
Worldenterer1
Posts: 347
Joined: 03 Sep 2011 19:35
Location: Earth

Re: What are your religious views?

Postby Worldenterer1 » 24 Mar 2013 19:48

Ryan wrote:
Worldenterer1 wrote:He's just constantly going against you because you are constantly presenting ideas that are very difficult to believe.

I think this is a great statement, and ties in nicely to the topic we're discussing here.

So, if what you say is true, then my only question is: Why is what someone else believes such a problem for people like him?


Well, some people like to make sure that everybody is on the same page. I don't mean to speak for Summerlander, but maybe he just thinks that you'd be better off if you didn't believe the things you do? I don't really know for sure, I'd rather wait for him to come back and speak for himself because I'd hate to put words in his mouth. ;)
Lucid Dream Count: 10
Normal Dream Count: 100+
Goal for next LD: Think with portals.

User avatar
Ryan
Posts: 548
Joined: 07 Aug 2011 19:47
Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Re: What are your religious views?

Postby Ryan » 24 Mar 2013 19:57

Worldenterer1 wrote:Well, some people like to make sure that everybody is on the same page.

That's a battle I tried to fight for 10 years. So I do completely understand where one would come.
I came to a conclusion a little while ago about that very thing: You'll never get everyone on the same page.

I was struggling so much and as I took a step back to get a wider look at what I was doing... I realized, I was only angering people, and distancing them from me. I found I was doing the EXACT OPPOSITE of what I really wanted.
For more information, please visit my website
http://www.unlimitedboundaries.ca/
Or join my forums!
http://www.unlimitedboundaries.ca/forums/

User avatar
Worldenterer1
Posts: 347
Joined: 03 Sep 2011 19:35
Location: Earth

Re: What are your religious views?

Postby Worldenterer1 » 24 Mar 2013 20:01

Ryan wrote:
Worldenterer1 wrote:Well, some people like to make sure that everybody is on the same page.

That's a battle I tried to fight for 10 years. So I do completely understand where one would come.
I came to a conclusion a little while ago about that very thing: You'll never get everyone on the same page.

I was struggling so much and as I took a step back to get a wider look at what I was doing... I realized, I was only angering people, and distancing them from me. I found I was doing the EXACT OPPOSITE of what I really wanted.


That is one way to look at it. The way I personally look at it, is that there's nothing wrong with trying to change the world one person at a time. In this case, it would probably be trying to get people to put more trust in the scientific method to find the truth of things. It can take a lot of will power to fight for a change that you know will probably not come during your lifetime.
Lucid Dream Count: 10
Normal Dream Count: 100+
Goal for next LD: Think with portals.

User avatar
Ryan
Posts: 548
Joined: 07 Aug 2011 19:47
Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Re: What are your religious views?

Postby Ryan » 24 Mar 2013 21:56

I wanted to share this here... as, ummm, food for thought. :)

Image

This is why I can't get angry at someone else for what they say. It's also a good lesson to learn if you're trying to become a better person by choosing not to react to other people's ignorance.
For more information, please visit my website
http://www.unlimitedboundaries.ca/
Or join my forums!
http://www.unlimitedboundaries.ca/forums/

User avatar
Worldenterer1
Posts: 347
Joined: 03 Sep 2011 19:35
Location: Earth

Re: What are your religious views?

Postby Worldenterer1 » 25 Mar 2013 03:59

Summerlander wrote:I just had one of the moderators asking me to tone it down, but, do you really think you will benefit, Ryan? I thought you liked challenges! They are good for progress yknow. This is about the third time I'm asked to go easy on some of the folks here. Apparently, I'm valued by the staff here or something...


Heheh, if I truly let loose my opinions on religion here, I'm sure I'd be a VIP too! :lol:
Lucid Dream Count: 10
Normal Dream Count: 100+
Goal for next LD: Think with portals.

User avatar
Worldenterer1
Posts: 347
Joined: 03 Sep 2011 19:35
Location: Earth

Re: What are your religious views?

Postby Worldenterer1 » 25 Mar 2013 04:17

Ryan wrote:I wanted to share this here... as, ummm, food for thought. :)

Image

This is why I can't get angry at someone else for what they say. It's also a good lesson to learn if you're trying to become a better person by choosing not to react to other people's ignorance.


"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." - Edmund Burke

I can easily get angry when people say things. Choosing not to react to ignorance means choosing to allow it to spread.
Lucid Dream Count: 10
Normal Dream Count: 100+
Goal for next LD: Think with portals.

User avatar
Summerlander
Posts: 3639
Joined: 22 Sep 2011 19:52

Re: What are your religious views?

Postby Summerlander » 25 Mar 2013 10:45

Your post is certainly worth spreading, Worldenterer1. I'm gonna stop coming here (rejoice Ryan and co) but you and Jack will certainly be remembered.

World, you are one of the few people here capable of having a rational conversation.

Keep it up, I enjoy it!:-)

[ Post made via Android ] Image
"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava


Return to “Off-Topic”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest