Crying in dreams

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
lucidinthe sky

Crying in dreams

Postby lucidinthe sky » 24 Mar 2013 00:54

Has anyone experienced this?
Have you ever had a dream, Neo, that you were so sure was real? What if you were unable to wake from that dream? How would you know the difference between the dream world and the real world? Morpheus

taniaaust1

Re: Crying in dreams

Postby taniaaust1 » 24 Mar 2013 00:55

Not sure what kind of crying in dreams you are refering too but Ive had both the kinds happen. Not for a long time thou.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

lucidinthe sky

Postby lucidinthe sky » 24 Mar 2013 01:01

taniaaust1 wrote:Not sure what kind of crying in dreams you are refering too but Ive had both the kinds happen. Not for a long time thou.

Just had another last night. I am refering to crying like the emotional release variety we experience in waking life. What do you mean by both kinds? Please tell me.
Have you ever had a dream, Neo, that you were so sure was real? What if you were unable to wake from that dream? How would you know the difference between the dream world and the real world? Morpheus

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 24 Mar 2013 02:29

lucidinthe sky wrote:Just had another last night. I am refering to crying like the emotional release variety we experience in waking life. What do you mean by both kinds? Please tell me.

I didnt know if you had meant the kind where one wakes up actually physically crying or when one is just crying in a dream but not really physically.

R99

Postby R99 » 24 Mar 2013 16:25

i think i cried in one dream. but its not that intense in physical world. i remember waking up with tear in my eyes.
I see the Truth now.

lucidinthe sky

Postby lucidinthe sky » 24 Mar 2013 17:24

taniaaust1 wrote:
lucidinthe sky wrote:Just had another last night. I am refering to crying like the emotional release variety we experience in waking life. What do you mean by both kinds? Please tell me.

I didnt know if you had meant the kind where one wakes up actually physically crying or when one is just crying in a dream but not really physically.

Wow, you can actually wake up crying from a dream! I would imagine that would be a very intense dream. I've had quite a few dreams where I cried in the dream, but none where I woke up crying. In my most recent, I was lost in a foreign country and really afraid for my life with a cell phone that didn't work. I just said in my mind "I need help right now" and out of nowhere a wonderful DC showed up to help me find my way home and gave me a big hug. At that point I started crying, very deeply. Quite an intense dream.

R99 wrote:i think i cried in one dream. but its not that intense in physical world. i remember waking up with tear in my eyes.
That is very interesting, that it can actually be real like that. As far as intensity goes, mine are very intense.

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 24 Mar 2013 19:53

lucidinthe sky wrote:
Wow, you can actually wake up crying from a dream! I would imagine that would be a very intense dream.

A long time ago I had some dreams which made me wake up with a soggy real life pillow from crying, hence I thought that was what you were probably meaning. Interestingly I didnt thou remember the dreams being that intense.. couldnt really remember them well at all except know I was crying in a dream.

rothgar

Postby rothgar » 25 Mar 2013 04:52

I am not a very emotional person, but in dreams have had very emotional episodes. I think for me more intense than most reality...more like when my dad died in real life...my most emotional moment in my life that I can recall. I have cried hard in dreams. Have also had intense fear and anger/revenge feelings.

[ Post made via Android ] Image

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 25 Mar 2013 09:28

Ive been thinking further on my past experiences with this. Maybe I just didnt notice the dreams were intense due to poor dream recall?

PrototypeTEGTA
Location: In an alternative universe where 'peace' and 'unity' actually make sense.

Postby PrototypeTEGTA » 25 Mar 2013 14:28

To be honest, I've never experienced, or recalled, any dreams with crying, or for that matter, negative emotions. Only emotions I know that I had in a dream before are fear and rage, but that stopped happening a long time ago, and I really can't remember the last dream I was scared/angry in. All my dreams now are either positive/relaxing or just plain weird. I would really want to experience a deep, meaningful emotion like unconditional love in a dream. That's on my to-do list for lucid dreaming.
"Saying 'I have 100$' is like saying 'I have 100 inches'. Inches of what? Ropes? Books? iPads? Money can be a means and a tool to get what you want. But remember, in a camping experience, money is only good for kindling and wiping your butt."

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”