Crying in dreams

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
R99

Re: Crying in dreams

Postby R99 » 25 Mar 2013 16:44

PrototypeTEGTA wrote:To be honest, I've never experienced, or recalled, any dreams with crying, or for that matter, negative emotions. Only emotions I know that I had in a dream before are fear and rage, but that stopped happening a long time ago, and I really can't remember the last dream I was scared/angry in. All my dreams now are either positive/relaxing or just plain weird. I would really want to experience a deep, meaningful emotion like unconditional love in a dream. That's on my to-do list for lucid dreaming.

careful wat u wish for, unconditional love is extremely hard. and sensation make u wake up. in fact that is the only dream made me cry in dream. but the sad part is it was ordinary dream.
I see the Truth now.

lucidinthe sky

Postby lucidinthe sky » 25 Mar 2013 17:00

PrototypeTEGTA wrote: I would really want to experience a deep, meaningful emotion like unconditional love in a dream. That's on my to-do list for lucid dreaming.

I've had many dreams where I experienced complete and unconditional love. It's very powerful and is the best feeling ever. Makes you sad you can't have it all the time. Those experiences can make you feel good all day after. They often happen when I am going through a difficult time in my life, or sometimes right before one starts.

I had one where a beautiful DC pointed out something that I was doing wrong in life that's was true and kind of chastised me. Then looked into my eyes and gave me a kiss right after. The intensity of the love was amazing, especially feeling how much care the DC had for me. Really amazing experience and I still remember it clearly.
Have you ever had a dream, Neo, that you were so sure was real? What if you were unable to wake from that dream? How would you know the difference between the dream world and the real world? Morpheus

rothgar

Postby rothgar » 25 Mar 2013 23:58

A few months ago I dreamed my house was broken into, and my wife, daughter and I taken captive. They raped my young daughter. When I awoke I SO wanted to go back (lucid) and kill them...even though it wasnt even my wife or daughter, but a made up family! That is how real the emotions were.

[ Post made via Android ] Image

lucidinthe sky

Postby lucidinthe sky » 26 Mar 2013 03:16

rothgar wrote:A few months ago I dreamed my house was broken into, and my wife, daughter and I taken captive. They raped my young daughter. When I awoke I SO wanted to go back (lucid) and kill them...even though it wasnt even my wife or daughter, but a made up family! That is how real the emotions were.

[ Post made via Android ] Image

It's just so amazing how real dreams are, emotions included. Every day I wake up in the morning and review what just happened last night in my dream world. It's really like just going over what happened during the waking day, only a LOT more interesting.

Last night I was showing a group of DCs how you levitate. They were completely amazed and I kind was too, not being completely sure I could even do it on demand. Then I was telling them, "O.k. let's get one of those people who claim they can disprove every single paranormal experience and show them, you guys can see I'm levitating right? It's pretty obvious isn't it? We'll show them!" Then I woke up and realized it was just a dream. :oops:
Have you ever had a dream, Neo, that you were so sure was real? What if you were unable to wake from that dream? How would you know the difference between the dream world and the real world? Morpheus

PrototypeTEGTA
Location: In an alternative universe where 'peace' and 'unity' actually make sense.

Postby PrototypeTEGTA » 26 Mar 2013 15:46

R99 wrote:careful wat u wish for, unconditional love is extremely hard. and sensation make u wake up. in fact that is the only dream made me cry in dream. but the sad part is it was ordinary dream.

I'm pretty careful my friend, and unconditional love is the thing that I want to experience, even though it has consequences of potentially waking me up. I'm ready for all of that. ;)

rothgar wrote:A few months ago I dreamed my house was broken into, and my wife, daughter and I taken captive. They raped my young daughter. When I awoke I SO wanted to go back (lucid) and kill them...even though it wasnt even my wife or daughter, but a made up family! That is how real the emotions were.

This is a very good example of how deep some dreams and their emotions are. Sometimes, I feel like I have another life while dreaming. A life which has a complex structures behind it, and it's just amazing. When I wake up and realize that all of the previous stuff were just a dream, I just gasp.
"Saying 'I have 100$' is like saying 'I have 100 inches'. Inches of what? Ropes? Books? iPads? Money can be a means and a tool to get what you want. But remember, in a camping experience, money is only good for kindling and wiping your butt."

lucidinthe sky

Postby lucidinthe sky » 26 Mar 2013 16:56

PrototypeTEGTA wrote:
I'm pretty careful my friend, and unconditional love is the thing that I want to experience, even though it has consequences of potentially waking me up. I'm ready for all of that. ;)

The only difficult part is when you wake up and it's over :( But then, you can always look forward to the next time :)

PrototypeTEGTA
Location: In an alternative universe where 'peace' and 'unity' actually make sense.

Postby PrototypeTEGTA » 26 Mar 2013 17:17

Yeah I know that feeling. I'm pretty familiar with it, though from a perspective of normal dreams, and I don't know the actual intensity of the same feeling but in lucid dreams.
"Saying 'I have 100$' is like saying 'I have 100 inches'. Inches of what? Ropes? Books? iPads? Money can be a means and a tool to get what you want. But remember, in a camping experience, money is only good for kindling and wiping your butt."

lucidinthe sky

Postby lucidinthe sky » 26 Mar 2013 17:44

I have only experienced it in normal non-lucid dreams so far. Hoping that will change though.

Silver

Postby Silver » 26 Mar 2013 23:51

Hello, I have experienced this "crying mod". I can say I have cried a few times so far. Some were really intense that I woke up tears in my eyes and I could feel the wetness all over my pillow.
One was about my grandmother who passed away 14 years ago. I hugged her and told her that I really loved her. It was not an intentional lucid dream at all; however it was so relaxing, and a pure explosion of my feelings. The way I cried and letting my sorrow be away could not be done in the real life.
It is not an escapism but it is a good way to face the reality and move on. You will remember your dear ones by smiling.

PrototypeTEGTA

Postby PrototypeTEGTA » 27 Mar 2013 20:24

Silver wrote: It is not an escapism but it is a good way to face the reality and move on. You will remember your dear ones by smiling.

That is so true.

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”