What's in your LD pants pockets?

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
taniaaust1

What's in your LD pants pockets?

Postby taniaaust1 » 22 Mar 2013 13:34

This I thought was a great idea of HAGARTS which we'd been discussing the past couple of days which I wanted to try and thought it would be great for others to try this too and share your "what's in your pockets? lucid dream challenge results.

Anyway.. I did this challenge from a spontanous LD tonight (I fell asleep at 5-6pm with exhaustion and woke myself up from this LD at 10.30pm having slept throu that time). Here's my result.

Lucid dream.
(im aware that im dreaming, Ive forgot what made me aware thou and also forgot the first things i decided to do while aware). I'd probably been LD for about 10-15 mins in the dream ie already knew I was dreaming, when I suddening thought "lets do a dream challenge" and at thought of HAGARTS idea of finding out what was in my pockets. The issue was thou, I wasnt wearing anything with pockets in it so I had to go and find some clothing to wear which has pockets and put it on so I could do this challenge.

Im in a house (not like my real life house) and I think with the dream that I'd come out of when I gained awareness, it was a dream house that I myself was living in. So to find some jeans for me (ones which fit too), I thought I'd try to find a bedroom, hopefully the bedroom which was mine (I couldnt remember which it was due to the lucidity had wiped out most of the earlier dream). I go into one room and nope, its not a bedroom so walk out and enter another room, yes this one is a bedroom. Some jeans are on the floor... I pick them up to look at them but they arent going to fit me, they are my sisters. I must be in my dream sisters bedroom. With my waking mind I wonder if she has a pair of PJs with pockets.. as PJs are baggier I probably could fit in some of her PJs.

Under the bed is some drawers and I open them looking pocketed PJs and find a drawer full of nightwear. When I go throu the PJs thou, none of the long legged PJ paints have pockets but there is some shorts types one in this dream too so I start to look at them to see as they are likely to have pockets.

I start to loose the dream so it blackens and I completely loose dream sight, I need to think of something FAST before its completely gone.. hanging onto it only just (came too aware of my physical body in bed for a brief movement but then using my waking mind thought strong again of where I was in this dream and shifted back to that environment, feeling like I was in the room again (no dream sight still thou). Im needing something strong to hold me here as Im going to loose it again so Im thinking of what I should do to help me stabilize (of late lots of things Ive been trying to do to stabilise have been failing so I needed to try something new to do so). My subconsciousness at this point must of decided to help me (or Ive forgot if I consciously did this on purpose, I think I'd thought of this), my exboyfriend David appears in the dream so with waking mind, Ive decided to expose my dream body to him and ask him to touch it. He complies :) and this attention onto my dream body, helps drag me fully into the dream again (I was only about 5% still hanging in it before this) and I also get my dream sight back in that place. I focus strongly on David while he strokes my skin errotically to stabilize myself into the dream.

I decide stabilized enough so ignore David and just get up from my kneeling position and walk across a room, a different room thou Im in the same house (somewhere during that stabilizing process, the room I was in must of shifted). I then start to loose the dream again but this time thou its almost gone completely black.. vague images are there still. So I consciously decide I may be able to fix the image issue with turning the dream lights on in the room Im in to brighten up the dream.

I look around for lights and see a light switch point on the wall, I walk towards it. I get to the light switch but there is a new issue as I can vaguely make out in the darkened room that this lightswitch has 3 light switches in a row on the pad but they are all already in the "on" position. I think about how Im going to get this room clear and bright and decided to try something else. (I cant remember what I then decided to try.. maybe I ordered them on at that point? but it worked and I then had a clear vision of a nice bright room).

I head to another bedroom and found my dream bedroom. :) . I should be able to find some jeans on in here to fit me so I can check to see what is in my dream jeans pockets. I cant remember what drawer was mine in the dream so started just looking in different ones. Finally came across some jeans which would fit me. hurray!! (all this effort for a pair of jeans for HAGARTS challege haha).

Dream starts to fade again, so I instantly consciously manifest David back into the dream ask him to touch me again.. once again his touches on my dream body stabilize my dream. Im stabilized enough to then put the jeans on (he's disappointed as Im now ignoring him.. I just use my DCs but often just ignore them and this one of my ex is now emotionally reacting over it some after the second time I just used him. Im kind of amused of the DC of my ex reacting disappointed cause we havent gone sexually as far as he now wants. (intense sexual activity in a LD usually wakes me up so I wasnt going to go and do anything sexually intense as I wanted to do this pocket challenge.. and I could feel at a certain point that the sexual stimulation was in fact rather then helping me.. starting to hinder my LD making it lighter so I need to keep a balance there).

I get the jeans on but then start to loose the dream again. I know Im going to be very peaved off if I loose it after all this just when Ive finally got the jeans on, so I try to focus fast and hard on what is in those pockets (now trying to do it in haste). I put my hand in and pull out PENCILS. There is 7 white pencils (just under thumb length so basically stubs), 4 red pencils (stubs too), I think my pocket is almost emptied or empty at this point but I put my hand in willing myself to pull out more things and seems more pencils appeared in my pocket as I then pull out 2-4 brown pencils and 2-3 lead pencils (lead pencils are full sized) and 2 white pegs. I also get some kind of impression/feeling of it being there thou never seen it, that I have a medical thing in my pocket too (maybe a certificate for a medical leg??.. I assume like those amputees get.. but Im not completely sure as the thought was fuzzy).

While pulling out the objects after the first 3-4 objects and worried I may forget, I then decided with waking consciousness to sing to myself "On the first day of xmas my true love sent to me" .. and was putting the objects I was finding into the song which I was trying to use as a memory aid to remember. The singing thou it wasnt my intent for it to do this, seemed to help stabilise the dream a bit more too (so I may experiement with singing for dream stabilization in future)..

At this point (trying to remember 6 different objects with 6 different numbers now), I decide to bring myself to my physical body and get out of bed and write the dream down immediately as Ive been forgetting a lot of my dreams of late (and would be soo annoyed at myself if I forgot this one), so still singing the objects to myself, I just then open my physical eyes (I never have any issues bringing my awareness from dream to physical body)

The way there was more pencils in my pocket the second time I put my hand in.. I think would of meant that I could of put my hand in my pocket over and over with every time pulling out things.. thou there was less in my pocket the second time I put my hand in. (I would of kept going on with this if I wasnt worried about forgetting some of the symbolics as I wanted to remember number and colours and types of pencils etc).

This whole LD lasted about 40 mins LD time. I was varying from being in it very deep to almost waking up several times . Im happy I got throu the challenges of it.. from getting light on (even when there was no switch which could be used to get lights on), pulling myself back into a dream over and over and staying on task for the challenge I was trying to do till it was completed.

(its funny how a simple dream challenge for me often turns out to be more challenging then I thought it would be.. the fun thou is in the whole dream experience). Thanks HAGART, that was a good challenge :D
Last edited by taniaaust1 on 23 Mar 2013 23:35, edited 1 time in total.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

deepakkumaar97

Re: What's in your dream pockets?

Postby deepakkumaar97 » 22 Mar 2013 18:21

I was wondering, what could common things like pencils symbolize. And not only one kind of pencil but different colors and types of pencils.

BTW, you stabilized your dream really well, whenever that darkening and fading happens to me, the next moment I am back on my bed or have a False awakening.
Do a reality check

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 22 Mar 2013 23:47

deepakkumaar97 wrote:I was wondering, what could common things like pencils symbolize. And not only one kind of pencil but different colors and types of pencils.

BTW, you stabilized your dream really well, whenever that darkening and fading happens to me, the next moment I am back on my bed or have a False awakening.

Yeah I did with that dream but often I dont stabilize my dreams well.. hence Ive been trying new techniques to do so.

Thou my memory around it is very vague I think I did think of the idea of consciously bringing exboyfriend into the dream to do that (my current boyfriend isnt at all physically attractive to me so hence the ex). When I do WILD thou, those dreams I really struggle very much with the stabilisation but always find it far easier when Ive just gone into spontanous LD as Im in a deeper state when it starts and from there I can more easily (thou it still isnt always easy) to stabilize it whenever it starts to go or I loose it for a brief moment.

Pencils - artistic, creativity, used to create or bring something into existance on a level, brings images into being hence manifestation.
Coloured - fun, joy, happiness
coloured pencil stub.. could mean my artistic creativity or creativity and manifestion being stifled (the lead pencil was full size so the colours of the stubs were important. Ive been getting into dream art this year but not getting time to do as much painting as I'd like.

The individual colours would be important too.. and the stubs and colours may show different areas Im being stifled in (my bad health stifles a lot of stuff for me in all areas).. eg white could have something to do with spirituality and purity, red- passion and sex, brown - I think of connections with nature- brown is earthy (I wish I could get out and go for good walks and things outside but cant do stuff like hat). I could agree with my life fitting what those dream symbolics were telling me.

I loved how the dream cause a fake leg cant be pulled out of a pocket (well it could in a dream but obviously my lucid mind wasnt going to accept that reality, always bringing things closer to the physical reality).. so my subconsciousness then put out that it was a certificate for one cause that fits in a pocket. I could do with another leg one could say symbolically speaking (Im currently trying to get a wheelchair to get around better).

deepakkumaar97

Postby deepakkumaar97 » 23 Mar 2013 05:39

taniaaust1 wrote:When I do WILD thou, those dreams I really struggle very much with the stabilisation but always find it far easier when Ive just gone into spontanous LD as Im in a deeper state when it starts and from there I can more easily (thou it still isnt always easy) to stabilize it whenever it starts to go or I loose it for a brief moment.

I know you always do WILD at wrong times(I read it in your posts), I mean, if you try to do it at 5-6 hours after a sleep, you may get better results. I know you are not that interested and excited to have a LD, but you should give a try, cause I have heard and read that this type of LDs are the most vivid and stable.
Do a reality check

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 23 Mar 2013 22:42

deepakkumaar97 wrote:
taniaaust1 wrote:When I do WILD thou, those dreams I really struggle very much with the stabilisation but always find it far easier when Ive just gone into spontanous LD as Im in a deeper state when it starts and from there I can more easily (thou it still isnt always easy) to stabilize it whenever it starts to go or I loose it for a brief moment.

I know you always do WILD at wrong times(I read it in your posts), I mean, if you try to do it at 5-6 hours after a sleep, you may get better results. I know you are not that interested and excited to have a LD, but you should give a try, cause I have heard and read that this type of LDs are the most vivid and stable.

I used to be easily able to achieve LD in the middle of the night if I wake myself up and do it (Id just plan to have one when I was asleep and it would happen.. didnt enter from a follow throu waking state but just wake up in a dream then). That thou isnt as challenging to me so isnt my goal. I personallly like a challenge and my goal is to be able to do it anytime/anywhere at all. Im not trying to achieve just LD but rather LD at will and without limits. I know this is possible and its where my own expectations lay, I want to truely "master" this stuff. You'll never master anything in life if you just always want things to be simple and easy with a dislike of challenges.

Yes.. doing this stuff in the middle of the night does make it easier and also can be easier to stabilise in a way, Ive said that many a time here as I know that from my own experiences (easier to stabilise from dropping out of the dream into the physical body, but during the night it may not be easier to stabilise the other way and stop one from going too deep and loosing the waking consciousness in the dream).

I used to be quite an efficient lucid dreamer (I got to the point at one stage where my waking mind NEVER shut down while asleep.. which ended concerning me as back then I thought ones waking mind needed rest so thought that was unhealthy. After a near week? of that (forgot now its too long ago), it took me a while to relearn how to sleep without being lucid the whole time). I achieved what most here are aiming for hence my own goals now lay going beyond just having a lucid dream (I still dont know how I feel about having a constant lucid state thou Ive since found out that many yogis do that and dont seem to suffer ill affects from it.. I enjoy being able to switch off. I do not want lots of lucidity, I want to be able to switch things on and off at will).

I want quality good expereinces and ones I will treasure by being able to take then time out in waking life to dwell on it all, not quantity. I want to have time to think over all my experiences both in dream life and in physical life. Some think nothing of their dreams and like throw them away like trash..but it was all messages and there is always reasons why one dreams what they do. When I used to LD all the time... LD became to me less meaningful (thou still very fun) to the point that Ive forgot most of my past LDs and just a common normal fun occurances. Now Im back to not doing it much (due to making it harder for me to do re not waking myself up to do it and then having the big challege of staying in the LD as Im doing it during day).. its more magical treasured experiences again cause its not the norm for me now.

People also limit themselves by the "rules" they go and put onto this stuff and then get into habits according to whatever rules they have put onto it. They form certain expectations.. and these can be limiting. (for these reasons I myself wont use LD aids like supplements or those brain wave entertainment things to try to get a LD). I KNOW deep within none of that should be necessary if one has the right mind set to things (its ones mind set which creates ones reality both in waking life and in dreams).

My ultiminant aim is to be able to OBE anytime, anywhere while still awake and doing things. (I use to know a few with that ability) and also be able to allow dreams to flow during the day while Im awake doing things (I know that also is possible such a state can create clairvoyance).

Anyway.. its this being unlimited stuff that Im working towards. No boundries, no rules... just being able to do at will. We are spirits in human coverings and more then just a human in physical reality... as spirits we arent limited like this physical dimension makes many think. I personally work to break free of physical limitations. My "better result" would be to completely break free of the normal human thinking about things.

Waking oneself up in the middle of the night is no fun either.. I truely hate being woken up. I do this stuff also for fun... so arent about to go doing non fun stuff either (and besides that just isnt as challenging either, I can usually hold a dream then where I cant well if I do it during the day or before sleep).

Its the journey itself (the learning process) which can be so awesome with things as once you've achieved your goals.. what then??? sure you can LD and do whatever... but so what.. does it really hold any real meaning? I love the learning process itself and love challenges and always need the stimulation of challenges to feel like im growing and hence truely achieving something with myself. What would be the point of life itself if we werent having fun and also learning things and challenging ourselves?

Take care not to put yourself into set patterns with things which can be hard to break and end up holding people back. Often people end up having to unlearn habits to be able to start moving forward again.,

Anyway.. lets get this topic back to "What's in your pants pockets?" as I want this thread to be a fun one rather then a serious deep thread.

HAGART

Re: What's in your LD pants pockets?

Postby HAGART » 25 Mar 2013 23:27

I didn't read this first, and I just posted my own inquiry about this on the "share your lucid dream section", but there can be two posts about it and we can get more feedback that way. And in my post I said it was an easy task that can be done quickly and still carry on with the lucid dream and you don't have to devote an entire dream to it! But sometimes when we want something to occur in a lucid dream it seems to throw every wrench it can find in our plans! But no matter what you always learn something new in a lucid dream and I think you learned more than what was in your pants pocket.

I'll copy/paste my 5 attempts below.

1st time: I pulled out some coins and keys from my left pant pocket, and my wallet from my right one. The coins were odd of course and had strange dates on them like 999, or 1596.

2nd time: I wasn't wearing any pants! :oops: I just felt my bare thighs.

3rd time: I had some pajamas on, but there were no pockets.

4th time: (I was sitting and writing a recipe in my lucid dream because I was hungry and was thinking about what I would eat after a woke up. I finally snapped out of it and thought to myself, what should I do in this lucid dream and remembered the pants experiment.) The first thing I pulled out was a mechanical pencil like the one I had just been using. Coincidence? I think not. I decided to keep reaching in and pulling things out, never considering them empty. I pulled out a hand full of clear-plastic candy wrappers like ones used for mints. I pulled out a pair of sunglasses, (although they didn't feel like them when I touched them in my pocket, they were indeed sunglasses when I looked at them). I also saw a pair of regular glasses in the ever-growing pile of junk I was pulling out and assumed they must have slipped out with the other pair. After more candy wrappers, coins, keys, wallet, I was left with little balls of rolled up gum wrappers. I was going to invert the pocket to let it all fall out, but the dream ended. (All those things I have had in my pocket at least once in my life, so I wonder if that is the only meaning.)

5th time (last night): I pulled out two quarters and a dime. When I looked at the coins the quarters were very large like an American silver dollar in size, and the dime was normal. And that was it, so I just went on to do other things.

So far I have nothing out of the ordinary in my pockets. I also reach in without looking and only feel with my hand and look at the object AFTER I pull it out. I wonder if it would be different if I am looking directly at my pockets as I am doing this? I think it is important NOT to look because I have pulled out things that are too big to fit in my pocket like the 2 pairs of sunglasses and looking at the pockets would contradict the impossible that I felt with my hands.
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 26 Mar 2013 07:11

HAGART wrote: And in my post I said it was an easy task that can be done quickly and still carry on with the lucid dream and you don't have to devote an entire dream to it!

:lol: Easy yeah right. haha but it sounds easy. Reading all the times you tried this and its gone wrong.. made me laugh. Maybe it would of been easy had I had pocket pants on to start with. Im certainly going to try this challenge again as Im sure I can do better then mostly pencils in my pocket. I bet someone will do this challenge only to find holes in their pocket so no things.

I too think its important not to try to look in the pocket but just reach in and pull out the things otherwise we will further influence normal pocket things being in the pocket

2nd time: I wasn't wearing any pants! :oops: I just felt my bare thighs.
Werent you at all interested in where you'd left your clothes? (now that could of been an interesting challenge in itself.. Where are your clothes?

4th time: (I was sitting and writing a recipe in my lucid dream because I was hungry and was thinking about what I would eat after a woke up. I finally snapped out of it and thought to myself, what should I do in this lucid dream and remembered the pants experiment.) The first thing I pulled out was a mechanical pencil like the one I had just been using. Coincidence? I think not. I decided to keep reaching in and pulling things out, never considering them empty. I pulled out a hand full of clear-plastic candy wrappers like ones used for mints. I pulled out a pair of sunglasses, (although they didn't feel like them when I touched them in my pocket, they were indeed sunglasses when I looked at them). I also saw a pair of regular glasses in the ever-growing pile of junk I was pulling out and assumed they must have slipped out with the other pair. After more candy wrappers, coins, keys, wallet, I was left with little balls of rolled up gum wrappers. I was going to invert the pocket to let it all fall out, but the dream ended. (All those things I have had in my pocket at least once in my life, so I wonder if that is the only meaning.)

:lol: I have this image on reading that of someone doing this challenge probably you, with a huge growing pile of normal pocket things they are pulling out.. a pile which gets higher and higher till its a huge pile of pocket stuff next to them with them still trying to pull out something of more interest. You got to think there is some interesting stuff to be found in your pocket.

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 27 Mar 2013 04:53

It's still an easy task. After attempts 2 and 3 failed I simply left it at that and did something else. I think you are right though that since I am simply thinking "Ho! Hum! I reach my hand in my pocket now!" It becomes like reaching into a pocket in real life and hence normal objects appear. If I was thinking it would be more spiritually enlightening I would have gotten a different result.

In fact my thoughts would probably change what I find. I have conjured things before by imagining them and then pulling them from the ground like a rabbit out of a hat. If we practice this more it may become a great way to conjure objects we want in the dream too.
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

deepakkumaar97

Postby deepakkumaar97 » 28 Mar 2013 09:29

I did it (unplanned).
Here is my entry

27th March, 2013 8am
I realized I am dreaming, I was standing somewhere, I don't know at all where, it was very dark, maybe the dream was fading, yes, for a second it was completely dark, I quickly thought to do something which takes very less time, this idea got me, I quickly put both my hands in both the pockets of my pyzama(the one with which I was actually wearing when got to sleep) I was wearing. I took out my left hand(the dream scene was still black or maybe I did not see anything), there was nothing, just my hand, then I took out my right hand, there were two bangles, they were light brown or maybe some other light colour, with no designs I remember.
The below picture gives the size and shape of the bangles.

Just after this, I was almost woke up, so I quickly started rubbing my hands(always helped in previous LDs),but this time I was too late. I woke up in my bed, NO FA.

Maybe the bangles came because the previous night I was looking at some earrings.BTW I am a male and have no such interest at these kind of things.

Before gaining this much Lucidity, I was semi lucid, of which I don't remember much,just this much, I was catching bullets.( half my LDs have had long semi lucids before turning into LDs)

Even in this short LD(30-45 sec), I did two of my LD goals,
1)Pulled out an item from my LD pyzama pocket(totally unplanned)
2)Noted what I was wearing.(Now, when I think about it, the pyzama is very comfortable)
Thank you for your ideas, atleast I did something even in a LD this short.
Do a reality check

PrototypeTEGTA
Location: In an alternative universe where 'peace' and 'unity' actually make sense.

Postby PrototypeTEGTA » 28 Mar 2013 14:46

HAGART wrote:I think it is important NOT to look because I have pulled out things that are too big to fit in my pocket like the 2 pairs of sunglasses and looking at the pockets would contradict the impossible that I felt with my hands.

Very interesting conclusion about some of the dream rules and the cross-interactions between each of the senses.

deepakkumaar97 wrote:Even in this short LD(30-45 sec), I did two of my LD goals,
1)Pulled out an item from my LD pyzama pocket(totally unplanned)
2)Noted what I was wearing.(Now, when I think about it, the pyzama is very comfortable)
Thank you for your ideas, atleast I did something even in a LD this short.

Good. You seem to be on the right track.
"Saying 'I have 100$' is like saying 'I have 100 inches'. Inches of what? Ropes? Books? iPads? Money can be a means and a tool to get what you want. But remember, in a camping experience, money is only good for kindling and wiping your butt."

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”