What are your religious views?

For all other chat which isn't directly related to lucid dreaming and the world of sleep and dreams.

What are your religious views?

Deeply religious - I follow a strict religious code and trust my life to a higher authority
22
19%
Somewhat religious - I believe in a higher intelligence watching over us
38
32%
Agnostic - I'm on the fence; you really can't say either way at this time
29
25%
Atheist - I don't believe there is a higher intelligence watching over us
29
25%
 
Total votes: 118

User avatar
Ryan
Posts: 548
Joined: 07 Aug 2011 19:47
Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Re: What are your religious views?

Postby Ryan » 25 Mar 2013 13:49

Worldenterer1 wrote:"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." - Edmund Burke

I can easily get angry when people say things. Choosing not to react to ignorance means choosing to allow it to spread.

What I've found over the years is that you can't stop the spread of ignorance in anyone but yourself.

However, through stopping it in yourself, and someone sees how much happier you are because of it... they might, in turn, educate themselves as well.

This is the process by which changing yourself, changes the world. It's an indirect change.

Summerlander wrote:Your post is certainly worth spreading, Worldenterer1. I'm gonna stop coming here (rejoice Ryan and co) but you and Jack will certainly be remembered.

World, you are one of the few people here capable of having a rational conversation.

Keep it up, I enjoy it!:-)

You don't seem to understand...
I *ENJOY* conversing and discussing with Jack and Worldenterer1. Why? Because they speak with respect and if for some reason they cross the line, they know it and apologize or stop.

Nobody likes discussing with you, because you seem to *ENJOY* ramming your opinions down people's throats and when they plead for you to stop, you RAM HARDER.

Instead of choosing to leave yet another forum, why not take this as an opportunity to grow?
Learn to change yourself... learn acceptance... and forgiveness. It has to happen eventually, or you're simply going to run out of forums to discuss on.

I never rejoice when potential knowledge is lost from a community.
For more information, please visit my website
http://www.unlimitedboundaries.ca/
Or join my forums!
http://www.unlimitedboundaries.ca/forums/

User avatar
R99
Posts: 409
Joined: 14 Nov 2011 07:53
Location: Where Fiction collides Reality

Re: What are your religious views?

Postby R99 » 25 Mar 2013 18:17

all u guys needs to calm down. we r here to share our views, not to attack people by words :(. nobody can change u, except urself. respect for each other is a must wen u r dealing with public forum. and i think everybody should remember it. everybody is different by their experiences. learn to respect that too.
I see the Truth now.

User avatar
lucidinthe sky
Posts: 1135
Joined: 10 Dec 2011 22:37
Location: Sacramento, California

Re: What are your religious views?

Postby lucidinthe sky » 25 Mar 2013 19:36

Worldenterer1 wrote:
Summerlander wrote:I just had one of the moderators asking me to tone it down, but, do you really think you will benefit, Ryan? I thought you liked challenges! They are good for progress yknow. This is about the third time I'm asked to go easy on some of the folks here. Apparently, I'm valued by the staff here or something...


Heheh, if I truly let loose my opinions on religion here, I'm sure I'd be a VIP too! :lol:


The problem isn't people's opinions about religion. It's about a lack of respect, that's the issue.

I disagree with so much of religion and certainly am not here to defend religion. Personally, I believe in a "higher power". But that doesn't make me religious. I don't go to church, don't tell people how to live or judge them based on my set of morals, I don't commit terrorist acts in the name of "God" etc.

But I will defend the rights of people to believe what they want and not be insulted, belittled, told they are stupid, they are uniformed, illogical, dangerous, etc. That kind of crap is complelely unnecessary and is just an ego trip for the person making those kind of statements to get on their high horse and judge others. That's the issue, just want to make that clear.
Have you ever had a dream, Neo, that you were so sure was real? What if you were unable to wake from that dream? How would you know the difference between the dream world and the real world? Morpheus

User avatar
Worldenterer1
Posts: 347
Joined: 03 Sep 2011 19:35
Location: Earth

Re: What are your religious views?

Postby Worldenterer1 » 25 Mar 2013 23:44

Summerlander wrote:Your post is certainly worth spreading, Worldenterer1. I'm gonna stop coming here (rejoice Ryan and co) but you and Jack will certainly be remembered.

World, you are one of the few people here capable of having a rational conversation.

Keep it up, I enjoy it!:-)


Thank you. It certainly has been an honor conversing with you comrade! You will not soon be forgotten. ;)
Attachments
salute small.png
salute small.png (25.19 KiB) Viewed 913 times
Lucid Dream Count: 10
Normal Dream Count: 100+
Goal for next LD: Think with portals.

User avatar
Worldenterer1
Posts: 347
Joined: 03 Sep 2011 19:35
Location: Earth

Re: What are your religious views?

Postby Worldenterer1 » 25 Mar 2013 23:50

Worldenterer1 wrote:"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." - Edmund Burke

I can easily get angry when people say things. Choosing not to react to ignorance means choosing to allow it to spread.


Ryan wrote:What I've found over the years is that you can't stop the spread of ignorance in anyone but yourself.

However, through stopping it in yourself, and someone sees how much happier you are because of it... they might, in turn, educate themselves as well.

This is the process by which changing yourself, changes the world. It's an indirect change.


I guess that's just where we differ, because I have made positive changes in many people and have no intent on stopping. Direct change is powerful while indirect change can waste time. Why wait for something to happen when you can make it happen?

Summerlander wrote:Your post is certainly worth spreading, Worldenterer1. I'm gonna stop coming here (rejoice Ryan and co) but you and Jack will certainly be remembered.

World, you are one of the few people here capable of having a rational conversation.

Keep it up, I enjoy it!:-)


Ryan wrote: You don't seem to understand...
I *ENJOY* conversing and discussing with Jack and Worldenterer1. Why? Because they speak with respect and if for some reason they cross the line, they know it and apologize or stop.

Nobody likes discussing with you, because you seem to *ENJOY* ramming your opinions down people's throats and when they plead for you to stop, you RAM HARDER.

Instead of choosing to leave yet another forum, why not take this as an opportunity to grow?
Learn to change yourself... learn acceptance... and forgiveness. It has to happen eventually, or you're simply going to run out of forums to discuss on.

I never rejoice when potential knowledge is lost from a community.


I like discussing with Summerlander. Never forget that. And plus, so what if he has a headstrong approach? The world needs more headstrong people! Everybody is way too afraid that they'll accidentally offend someone. (At least in America. I don't know about other countries.)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zwoqzb5R6vw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KgxmPsHR3AM
Lucid Dream Count: 10
Normal Dream Count: 100+
Goal for next LD: Think with portals.

User avatar
Peter
Posts: 1951
Joined: 26 May 2011 08:02
Location: New Zealand

Re: What are your religious views?

Postby Peter » 26 Mar 2013 00:39

A reminder that there is no problem with debate and differing opinions and headstrong people, that is constructive but there is a problem with any self promoting jibes or attacks on other members so please keep the posts relevant and constructive or the posts will be removed.

Moderator
Peter
Who are you I asked, the reply "dont be silly, we are your daughers" many years before they were born

User avatar
Ryan
Posts: 548
Joined: 07 Aug 2011 19:47
Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Re: What are your religious views?

Postby Ryan » 26 Mar 2013 00:56

Worldenterer1 wrote:I like discussing with Summerlander. Never forget that. And plus, so what if he has a headstrong approach? The world needs more headstrong people! Everybody is way too afraid that they'll accidentally offend someone. (At least in America. I don't know about other countries.)

This has nothing to do with "accidentally offending someone"... this has to do with someone going out of their way to completely harass anyone who doesn't agree with him. There's a huge difference between those concepts.

In any case, being "headstrong" definitely works in some situations, I'll agree with that. However, a forum isn't one of them. You have to look at this from the perspective of running a forum. Running a forum is a balancing act between allowing people freedom of speech (which really doesn't exist on a forum if you want it to thrive) and making sure people don't get angry enough that they quit. A forum needs members posting to survive. I speak from experience. I help moderate THE largest Astral Projection forum on the internet (The Astral Pulse), and if we allowed every "headstrong" person to say whatever they wanted whenever they wanted, there wouldn't be much of a forum anymore.

With that said, I encourage you to jump on over to the forum that Summerlander "moderates" (Raduga's OBE4U forum)... make an observation of the end result of a "headstrong" approach. Make note of who posts there there these days and how often. It's a ghost town. Why? Because "headstrong" doesn't work on a forum... and regardless what I said above, it rarely works in real life either.

To Peter...
If you want my honest opinion, this thread should probably be locked.
For more information, please visit my website
http://www.unlimitedboundaries.ca/
Or join my forums!
http://www.unlimitedboundaries.ca/forums/

User avatar
Worldenterer1
Posts: 347
Joined: 03 Sep 2011 19:35
Location: Earth

Re: What are your religious views?

Postby Worldenterer1 » 26 Mar 2013 01:06

Peter wrote:A reminder that there is no problem with debate and differing opinions and headstrong people, that is constructive but there is a problem with any self promoting jibes or attacks on other members so please keep the posts relevant and constructive or the posts will be removed.

Moderator
Peter


You got it boss!
Attachments
You Got It Boss.png
You Got It Boss.png (25.19 KiB) Viewed 909 times
Lucid Dream Count: 10
Normal Dream Count: 100+
Goal for next LD: Think with portals.

User avatar
Worldenterer1
Posts: 347
Joined: 03 Sep 2011 19:35
Location: Earth

Re: What are your religious views?

Postby Worldenterer1 » 26 Mar 2013 01:09

Ryan wrote:
Worldenterer1 wrote:I like discussing with Summerlander. Never forget that. And plus, so what if he has a headstrong approach? The world needs more headstrong people! Everybody is way too afraid that they'll accidentally offend someone. (At least in America. I don't know about other countries.)

This has nothing to do with "accidentally offending someone"... this has to do with someone going out of their way to completely harass anyone who doesn't agree with him. There's a huge difference between those concepts.

In any case, being "headstrong" definitely works in some situations, I'll agree with that. However, a forum isn't one of them. You have to look at this from the perspective of running a forum. Running a forum is a balancing act between allowing people freedom of speech (which really doesn't exist on a forum if you want it to thrive) and making sure people don't get angry enough that they quit. A forum needs members posting to survive. I speak from experience. I help moderate THE largest Astral Projection forum on the internet (The Astral Pulse), and if we allowed every "headstrong" person to say whatever they wanted whenever they wanted, there wouldn't be much of a forum anymore.

With that said, I encourage you to jump on over to the forum that Summerlander "moderates" (Raduga's OBE4U forum)... make an observation of the end result of a "headstrong" approach. Make note of who posts there there these days and how often. It's a ghost town. Why? Because "headstrong" doesn't work on a forum... and regardless what I said above, it rarely works in real life either.

To Peter...
If you want my honest opinion, this thread should probably be locked.


Heheh, yeah. Headstrong approaches work better in real life: Where people can't delete the conversation or press "X". :lol:
Anyways, we are kinda getting off topic. Sooooooooo, yeah. God... Spirits... Stuff...
Lucid Dream Count: 10
Normal Dream Count: 100+
Goal for next LD: Think with portals.

User avatar
Peter
Posts: 1951
Joined: 26 May 2011 08:02
Location: New Zealand

Re: What are your religious views?

Postby Peter » 26 Mar 2013 01:12

To Peter...
If you want my honest opinion, this thread should probably be locked.


LOL - I never do anything the easy way.

There will be some changes and those affected will know soon enough
Who are you I asked, the reply "dont be silly, we are your daughers" many years before they were born


Return to “Off-Topic”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest