Was this a WILD?

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.

Was this a WILD?

Postby crazytoucan4u » 26 Mar 2013 17:04

Hello everyone,
After about 2 weeks of intensive dream recording, reality checks MILD and WBTB practice, I had my second real lucid experience. Not only did I have an unbelievable, realistic, long lucid dream but I think I also may have unintentionally had a WILD. Since that is what this post is about, I will copy the description of what I wrote in my dream journal. It seems to me like it was a WILD but I would like to have other opinions. This description happened very shortly after waking from a dream. I'm not sure how much time I spent awake before this, but it could have only been moments.

"As I lay in bed I feel myself going back into the dream world. As this is happening I realize that I am completely conscious and there has been no lapse in consciousness. I understand that this is probably the beginning of an unintentional WILD. I cannot see anything yet and I decide to focus on feeling myself in the dream world first in order to try and stabilize the dream. I do this by stomping my feet on the ground. I can feel the ground beneath my feet and it feels exactly like reality. This was on par with the “real lucid dream” I had a few weeks ago. After I am satisfied with the stomping I decide to focus on trying to orient myself because though I am losing awareness of my body, I still relate my orientation with the laid down position. I float myself upward and into a standing position. Now I can feel myself dropping into the dream setting. I was coming down into the room from the previous dream I had just awoken from. As I float down into the room I reach the floor. However, instead of stopping and standing in the room, I float past the floor and begin falling downward into a black abyss. I look up and see the dream room moving up and away from me. Though this is startling I am not panicked or terrified, but I am disappointed. I was not horribly afraid but I did not fight waking up. As I woke up I felt tingling and numbness in the lower half of my body. "

What do you guys think?

Re: Was this a WILD?

Postby Peter » 26 Mar 2013 20:17

As this is happening I realize that I am completely conscious and there has been no lapse in consciousness

this describes a WILD quite nicely so yes it was a WILD
Who are you I asked, the reply "dont be silly, we are your daughers" many years before they were born

lucidinthe sky

Re: Was this a WILD?

Postby lucidinthe sky » 26 Mar 2013 22:17

There are a few different ways WILD happens for me, but this decribes one of them pretty well. A lot of times they start out in darkness and then I pop into a fully formed dream scene in color with details. There are so many other in-between states that have varying degrees of stability and visuals.
Have you ever had a dream, Neo, that you were so sure was real? What if you were unable to wake from that dream? How would you know the difference between the dream world and the real world? Morpheus

Return to “For Beginners”