What are your religious views?

For all other chat which isn't directly related to lucid dreaming and the world of sleep and dreams.

What are your religious views?

Deeply religious - I follow a strict religious code and trust my life to a higher authority
19%
Somewhat religious - I believe in a higher intelligence watching over us
32%
Agnostic - I'm on the fence; you really can't say either way at this time
25%
Atheist - I don't believe there is a higher intelligence watching over us
25%

Total votes: 118

lucidinthe sky

Re: What are your religious views?

Postby lucidinthe sky » 27 Mar 2013 01:44

Worldenterer1 wrote:Heheh, yeah. Headstrong approaches work better in real life: Where people can't delete the conversation or press "X". :lol:
Anyways, we are kinda getting off topic. Sooooooooo, yeah. God... Spirits... Stuff...

The problem is that people abuse the anonymity that the internet provides and say things they would be afraid to say in person. A lot of the people who bully others on the internet in real life are cowards. It's easy to be tough when you don't have to face your opponent in person.

We all have to do our part to stand up to bullies, whether they are in our physical space or cyberspace.
Have you ever had a dream, Neo, that you were so sure was real? What if you were unable to wake from that dream? How would you know the difference between the dream world and the real world? Morpheus

Worldenterer1

Postby Worldenterer1 » 27 Mar 2013 01:51

taniaaust1 wrote:In real life thou people cant delete conversations.. people often will walk away or avoid those who disrespect them.

Ugh, I hate when people do that! :lol:
Lucid Dream Count: 10
Normal Dream Count: 100+
Goal for next LD: Think with portals.

Worldenterer1

Postby Worldenterer1 » 27 Mar 2013 01:53

lucidinthe sky wrote:The problem is that people abuse the anonymity that the internet provides and say things they would be afraid to say in person. A lot of the people who bully others on the internet in real life are cowards. It's easy to be tough when you don't have to face your opponent in person.

We all have to do our part to stand up to bullies, whether they are in our physical space or cyberspace.

I agree with ya there. Anon can be a game changer when it comes to what people will say. Me, however, won't hold a thing back real life or not. People who only stand tall as anonymous are really low. Plus, we ought to start a bullying thread! ;)

mikeg313

Postby mikeg313 » 27 Mar 2013 02:29

Its amazing how religion can start wars. So many pages and energy later.

Ryan

Postby Ryan » 27 Mar 2013 02:50

mikeg313 wrote:Its amazing how religion can start wars. So many pages and energy later.

Forget religion... we've moved onto simple beliefs now. LOL
For more information, please visit my website
http://www.unlimitedboundaries.ca/
Or join my forums!
http://www.unlimitedboundaries.ca/forums/

lucidinthe sky

Postby lucidinthe sky » 27 Mar 2013 03:17

Worldenterer1 wrote: People who only stand tall as anonymous are really low. Plus, we ought to start a bullying thread! ;)

I'd be happy to start a thread on bullying if you are interested in contributing. :)
Have you ever had a dream, Neo, that you were so sure was real? What if you were unable to wake from that dream? How would you know the difference between the dream world and the real world? Morpheus

Worldenterer1

Postby Worldenterer1 » 27 Mar 2013 03:38

lucidinthe sky wrote:
Worldenterer1 wrote: People who only stand tall as anonymous are really low. Plus, we ought to start a bullying thread! ;)

I'd be happy to start a thread on bullying if you are interested in contributing. :)

Dude lets go for it!

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 27 Mar 2013 23:05

mikeg313 wrote:Its amazing how religion can start wars. So many pages and energy later.

Religions start wars over a lack of respect for the beliefs of others. This thread is a good example of what starts religious wars. :lol:

The problem is that people abuse the anonymity that the internet provides and say things they would be afraid to say in person. A lot of the people who bully others on the internet in real life are cowards. It's easy to be tough when you don't have to face your opponent in person.

So true too. Thou most internet bullies are also bullies in real life if they find someone weaker then themselves.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

Jack Reacher

Postby Jack Reacher » 28 Mar 2013 04:16

I think the main problem is people are taking this stuff to seriously and to hear too quickly, also in many topics I find myself repeating the same statements over and over and somehow people will completely misinterpret it and get all defensive and pissy.
"There is theoretical abstraction, and then there is true abstraction."

lucidinthe sky

Postby lucidinthe sky » 28 Mar 2013 04:22

Jack Reacher wrote:I think the main problem is people are taking this stuff to seriously and to hear too quickly, also in many topics I find myself repeating the same statements over and over and somehow people will completely misinterpret it and get all defensive and pissy.

I don't see that you are repeating yourself and no on is getting defensive or pissy about your comments so don't worry.

Return to “Off-Topic”