Bullying

For all other chat which isn't directly related to lucid dreaming and the world of sleep and dreams.
Worldenterer1

Bullying

Postby Worldenterer1 » 27 Mar 2013 03:39

This is a thread to discuss all things involving bullying and the concept of bullying itself.
Lucid Dream Count: 10
Normal Dream Count: 100+
Goal for next LD: Think with portals.

lucidinthe sky

Re: Bullying

Postby lucidinthe sky » 27 Mar 2013 04:21

Thanks for starting it. There is a documentary that just came out, I think it was fairly recently called "Bully". It's about children being bullied in school. Very well made, I have seen excerpts from it, but need to see the entire thing. Has anyone else seen it? I would interested in discussing it if anyone else would be.
Have you ever had a dream, Neo, that you were so sure was real? What if you were unable to wake from that dream? How would you know the difference between the dream world and the real world? Morpheus

Ryan

Postby Ryan » 27 Mar 2013 13:52

If it's on Netflix, I'll definitely give it a watch.

As for Bullying itself, we've all definitely seen our fair share... especially on this very forum. As sad as that statement is.
For more information, please visit my website
http://www.unlimitedboundaries.ca/
Or join my forums!
http://www.unlimitedboundaries.ca/forums/

WildCat23

Postby WildCat23 » 28 Mar 2013 00:36

Bullying is a problem. Ask basically anyone . However, there is a problem that most people don't consider when they say bullying should be stopped: it's our nature. Tens of thousands of years ago, how did we prove we were the alpha male/female? By showing our dominance. In many species, the group lets only the strongest, or otherwise dominant members reproduce. This ensures healthy, fit and well suited offspring.

But what does this have to do with bullying? Everything really, as it's human nature to fight amongst ourselves. We all fight, as individuals, groups or countries. You may not like it, but bullying will be very hard to stop because of this. To 100% stop bullying is to defy human nature.
"I wandered home though the silent streets
And fell into a fitful sleep
Escape to realms beyond the night
Dream can't you show me the light? "
~2112

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 28 Mar 2013 01:07

WildCat23 wrote:Bullying is a problem. Ask basically anyone . However, there is a problem that most people don't consider when they say bullying should be stopped: it's our nature. Tens of thousands of years ago, how did we prove we were the alpha male/female? By showing our dominance. In many species, the group lets only the strongest, or otherwise dominant members reproduce. This ensures healthy, fit and well suited offspring.

But what does this have to do with bullying? Everything really, as it's human nature to fight amongst ourselves. We all fight, as individuals, groups or countries. You may not like it, but bullying will be very hard to stop because of this. To 100% stop bullying is to defy human nature.

Very interesting post and probably true too.

Maybe its thou time for evolution :D . As we dont nowdays need to be dominating for survival.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

lucidinthe sky

Postby lucidinthe sky » 28 Mar 2013 01:58

WildCat23 wrote:Bullying is a problem. Ask basically anyone . However, there is a problem that most people don't consider when they say bullying should be stopped: it's our nature. Tens of thousands of years ago, how did we prove we were the alpha male/female? By showing our dominance. In many species, the group lets only the strongest, or otherwise dominant members reproduce. This ensures healthy, fit and well suited offspring.

Yes, you are right bullying is animal behaviour. But hopefully humans are evolving away from animal behaviour as spiritual beings and learning to love others. That's my hope anyway.
Have you ever had a dream, Neo, that you were so sure was real? What if you were unable to wake from that dream? How would you know the difference between the dream world and the real world? Morpheus

Worldenterer1

Postby Worldenterer1 » 28 Mar 2013 02:47

I feel like bullying could be easily solved in many cases by the victims just bucking up and showing that they won't take s**t from anybody.
Lucid Dream Count: 10
Normal Dream Count: 100+
Goal for next LD: Think with portals.

mikeg313

Postby mikeg313 » 28 Mar 2013 03:05

I was bullied in school at the age of 13, but when i could not take anymore i would explode violently.Survival. I remembered one committed suicide due to this.Another transferred because he was a female inside a boys body. Bullying weeds out the weakest which is evolution unfortunately.

lucidinthe sky

Postby lucidinthe sky » 28 Mar 2013 04:29

Worldenterer1 wrote:I feel like bullying could be easily solved in many cases by the victims just bucking up and showing that they won't take s**t from anybody.

I don't think that's the solution. First of all, not everyone is in a position to able to do that successfully. And even if they can, they shouldn't have to.

I was picked on in school just about every day for quite a while. Then one day I kicked the shit out of a couple of kids. O.K. yes they left me alone after that, but that is not the solution. If people want to live like animals, fine, we can put them in cages.

Ryan

Postby Ryan » 28 Mar 2013 16:17

The solution isn't to tell people to buck up.
The solution is to STOP bullying from happening in the first place.
For more information, please visit my website
http://www.unlimitedboundaries.ca/
Or join my forums!
http://www.unlimitedboundaries.ca/forums/

Return to “Off-Topic”