Complex dream scenario

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
PrototypeTEGTA
Location: In an alternative universe where 'peace' and 'unity' actually make sense.

Complex dream scenario

Postby PrototypeTEGTA » 26 Mar 2013 17:41

Imagine the following:
You live with your family in a small but cozy house. Everyday you wake up at morning, you become astonished by the deliciousness of your mother's breakfast. Just before the clock hits 9:00am, you're all ready to head to school with your bag packed. You get in the bus, and while it's driving you to school you see the familiar neighborhood and surroundings. The bell rings, and you enter your class to learn about different school subjects. When school finishes, you get back home, have lunch, do your ordinary homework, and jump into your bed. It's an ordinary day in your life, and you wake up the next day to do the same things, but with slight variations each day. You encounter different people bypass you as you go outdoors, do different activities at school, and well, all in all, slight variations of said happenings in your life. You basically live an ordinary life from youth till you get a job. One day, you wake up as a different person, on a different bed. A flashback and some memories of a 'previous' life ascends the steps of your consciousness, and you suddenly realize that all of the 'past' life is just a very complex, deep, well-thought out and well-played trick by your subconsciousness. It was just a dream. End of scenario.

So, one time I read a dream of somebody, who assumes that he dreamed (in on night only) of a full life, with feelings of real-time days passing by as he becomes older and older. He had an imaginary family and imaginary friends. It was a very well-done dream by his mind, which made him feel like he's living an alternative life inside his own mind, but without actually realizing it, until he woke up. My question is: is it possible to live a whole life, with a sensation of living each second of it in real-time, having feeling and emotions just like we do in real life, but in a dream? Or is it just a trick by your own subconscious mind, and you aren't actually inside it, but you get a bare feeling or assumption that you dreamed such scenario upon waking up? I hope this is understandable, as I've been wondering about this thing for a long time.
"Saying 'I have 100$' is like saying 'I have 100 inches'. Inches of what? Ropes? Books? iPads? Money can be a means and a tool to get what you want. But remember, in a camping experience, money is only good for kindling and wiping your butt."

torakrubik

Re: Complex dream scenario

Postby torakrubik » 26 Mar 2013 22:49

This is an interesting topic. It centres around how time actually works in the dreamworld. I'm of the belief that time actually runs completely differently relative to our dreamselves when we are dreaming. Having said that, it is very easy to confuse the feeling of a lot of time passing with the actual passing of time. The subconsciousness is very good at tricking us into thinking that we have been dreaming for years when in fact it is often a very elaborate illusion.
Dreaming is my drug

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 26 Mar 2013 23:10

Hi, I once had what I believe was an astral experience (usually my astral experiences are real time but this one was like in another dimension of earth so time didnt run parallel to our earth dimesion time). In this experience I was a few days out of my physical body and hence lived moment by moment for a few days elsewhere. eg I woke up in the other place each day, I had breakfast.. regrouped with the people I was meeting in the other place etc etc. It truely was an awesome experience to have that length of time experience out of the body in a completely lucid state.

In those few days me and one of the other beings I met there (I dont know what to call them, they arent human) became very good (like lifetime) friends. After the few days in that other reality, I actually had a lot of trouble coming "home" back to my physical body to the point that I started to think I was going to be stuck there. I shut my eyes and willed myself to return back to my physical but on opening them.. I would still be there. In the end thou i did manage to return (it probably took me thou 10-15 mins of their time).

This is the only lucid/astral experience Ive had in which Ive had trouble coming back to my physical body (except an astral one where I got trapped in a wiccian priests ward when i tried to visit him without consent). Its normally very easy for me to come back to normal waking reality when I want to or at least to my physical body. Due to my experience I wonder if it is a common thing to find it harder to come back to this reality if one is in another too long???

Id be very interested to hear from others who have spent a few days or more in a different lucid reality and if they had issues coming back too?

Im are probably what it called a "walk-in" (on research, that was the only explaination I could come up with for my experience...unless I had woken up with complete amnesia but that itself would be extremely rare but then why the knowing of that other life Id come from).

I have experienced some what you said. I had an experience in which woke up on a different bed and was aware that I was from a different house to lead a different life. I had to "download'* the memories and emotions from this human body to know this reality Im in now, I didnt know the children of this body or who it was etc when I woke up.. so believe I may of done some kind of soul body swap (this happened after I became lost in a vortex, I'd gone into the vortex from the other body got lost and then woke up in this body, not the body I knew). I thou didnt remember who I was before either just knew I'd had a different body.. and my previous day by day memories were lost when I passed out of the vortex (while in the vortex, I'd known who I was, no identity confusion). So all I had left was a knowing that I was in a previously in a different body leading a different life and that the house I'd found myself in wasnt the one I'd previously lived in.

It is entirely possible I guess that rather me being a walk-in.. that something like you explained could of happened.. but if so.. why didnt I remember who I previously was at all here? and why didnt I know this bodies children? Why did it feel like it was my duty to take over this body? and raise its children as if they were my own?

The info downloading process so i'd know who I was, was an interesting process. At first all I got with this lifetime was a blank and then I desperately reached for the info (energetically, it felt like I had to do this fast or it would be harder to download with the possibility of me lossing ability to access it) and then a tiny little bit of info come to me.. with that other bits followed and then more and more. It was like the info opened up to me.. on its paths of connection... each info part to do with this bodies life related to another.. on and on.. till I had all the info I needed to live this bodies life.

Thou the info was rapidly downloaded, the feelings for this body thou took longer to come in as I had to process the info Id received and like relearn the feelings of this body eg at first its children felt unrelated to me. I had the info on who they were but didnt feel like their mother at all. It took several days before I felt comfortable with them and with this body and this different life. I had to play along with the situation I'd found myself in, adapting and adjusting, before everything felt natural to me.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

PrototypeTEGTA
Location: In an alternative universe where 'peace' and 'unity' actually make sense.

Postby PrototypeTEGTA » 27 Mar 2013 20:22

torakrubik wrote:This is an interesting topic. It centres around how time actually works in the dreamworld. I'm of the belief that time actually runs completely differently relative to our dreamselves when we are dreaming. Having said that, it is very easy to confuse the feeling of a lot of time passing with the actual passing of time. The subconsciousness is very good at tricking us into thinking that we have been dreaming for years when in fact it is often a very elaborate illusion.

Oh, so won't your mind explode if you dream something like that, due to having to create a lot of deep details and contexts to prove to you that you are having a whole new life inside a dream?

Tani, I'm speechless; this really went further than I thought. I, my self, know for a fact that we actually had past lives before this one, because spirit is immortal. But what I'm amazed about is that you managed to remember and download some of the memories of your previous life, which is somewhat hard.

taniaaust1 wrote:Due to my experience I wonder if it is a common thing to find it harder to come back to this reality if one is in another too long???

I wonder about this, too. I still have a long way to actually achieve out-of-body experiences and maintain an astral life to know the feeling you are talking about.

taniaaust1 wrote:It is entirely possible I guess that rather me being a walk-in.. that something like you explained could of happened.. but if so.. why didnt I remember who I previously was at all here? and why didnt I know this bodies children? Why did it feel like it was my duty to take over this body? and raise its children as if they were my own?

Maybe this is exactly what you truly want to be- a faithful mother. I don't think what you experienced was just a mere dream. Because if you woke up, and knew that you were you (Tani) and knew your children, the 'previous' life would just be a really long dream, which is the case I originally meant with the posting of this topic.

Can you tell us more about the memories you managed to retrieve from your past life? I'm really curious.
"Saying 'I have 100$' is like saying 'I have 100 inches'. Inches of what? Ropes? Books? iPads? Money can be a means and a tool to get what you want. But remember, in a camping experience, money is only good for kindling and wiping your butt."

Guitar48300

Postby Guitar48300 » 27 Mar 2013 22:08

PrototypeTEGTA wrote:Imagine the following:
My question is: is it possible to live a whole life, with a sensation of living each second of it in real-time, having feeling and emotions just like we do in real life, but in a dream? Or is it just a trick by your own subconscious mind, and you aren't actually inside it, but you get a bare feeling or assumption that you dreamed such scenario upon waking up? I hope this is understandable, as I've been wondering about this thing for a long time.

I always wondered myself if time could act like this in a dream. Not necessarily a full lifetime, but spending a few days in a dream and the entire dream happened in only 1 waking night.
Roxas: Did you have fun chatting with the ghosts?
Sora: You shouldn't call them "ghosts". Sure something seemed a little off but I'm sure they're still my friends

-KH Re:coded
xat.com/luciddreamers if anyone wants to use it

torakrubik

Postby torakrubik » 27 Mar 2013 22:11

PrototypeTEGTA wrote:
Oh, so won't your mind explode if you dream something like that, due to having to create a lot of deep details and contexts to prove to you that you are having a whole new life inside a dream?

I would liken this to a spy having an identity created for him. He has documents (birth certificate, passport etc) made for him, and must memorise his background story. In a similar way, the subconsciousness creates excuses and little details that convince us time has passed (e.g. the brain can create a deja-vu feeling or the sense of nostalgia that tricks us into thinking years have passed). The difference here of course, is that whilst the spy is in control, we are at the subconsciousness' mercy until we become lucid.
Dreaming is my drug

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 27 Mar 2013 23:45

torakrubik wrote: In a similar way, the subconsciousness creates excuses and little details that convince us time has passed (e.g. the brain can create a deja-vu feeling or the sense of nostalgia that tricks us into thinking years have passed). The difference here of course, is that whilst the spy is in control, we are at the subconsciousness' mercy until we become lucid.

We judge time itself and how much time has passed by more then just what we feel, we can only judge time very vaguely by feeling. Time is usually guaged by our experiences and how much we've done and what is actually appearing to happen around us eg Time is judged by our reality at the time. eg a day is guaged by the sun coming up and going down and all the events we do between that.

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 28 Mar 2013 00:05

PrototypeTEGTA wrote:
taniaaust1 wrote:It is entirely possible I guess that rather me being a walk-in.. that something like you explained could of happened.. but if so.. why didnt I remember who I previously was at all here? and why didnt I know this bodies children? Why did it feel like it was my duty to take over this body? and raise its children as if they were my own?

Maybe this is exactly what you truly want to be- a faithful mother. I don't think what you experienced was just a mere dream. Because if you woke up, and knew that you were you (Tani) and knew your children, the 'previous' life would just be a really long dream, which is the case I originally meant with the posting of this topic.

Can you tell us more about the memories you managed to retrieve from your past life? I'm really curious.

taniaaust1 wrote:I'd gone into the vortex from the other body got lost and then woke up in this body, not the body I knew). I thou didnt remember who I was before either just knew I'd had a different body.. and my previous day by day memories were lost when I passed out of the vortex (while in the vortex, I'd known who I was, no identity confusion). So all I had left was a knowing that I was in a previously in a different body leading a different life and that the house I'd found myself in wasnt the one I'd previously lived in.

sorry I must of confused you. I didnt get back the memories from my other life (thou I have had spontanous past life memories come in at times so know I do have past lives with these children).. Coming out of the vortex thou erased the memory of who I was. (I wonder if its the same vortex people have to pass throu before incarnating in our world?? but then that's speculation as I dont know, all I can really share is the experience i had of a vortex and what happened).

I arrived here with no memories at all just vague ones (not the kind one can describe)and a 100% knowing it was a different bed and a different house, different life with no recollection of the hear at all. It didnt even feel familiar at all just felt odd. I was like a stranger in a strange land. I then had to download this bodies memories to have memories of a past here.

I did thou remember sitting in the timeless vortex and being lost thou having no confusion on who i was then cause at the point I did know and having to make the decision on which way to move out from it... I hesitated for a long time to make the decision as I knew that if I went wrong.. I wouldnt end up where Id come from before. I knew leaving that place wrongly could send me to a different time/place). The vortex didnt have tunnels going out from it (it was a completely empty place of nothiningness) but it was more about what direction/location one headed out from it in (Im not at all explaining this well, its very hard to explain.. imagine like moving throu time/place but without images at all.. more like a shift throu space (not planet/world space, by space Im refering to thing (space) between two things. But that space isnt empty as such.. it contains energy/vibrational frequencies. So I left the nothingness of the vortex, moved throu this other (space) and ended in in this body.

I'll try to explain what the vortex and choosing a way out was like. Imagine.. every single spot/place you can point to in the air around you.. will take you to a different body/time/place.. entering into a place 2 cm from you takes you one place.. 2.1cm in front of you takes you to another place.. .1 cm to the right or left to it takes you to different places again, every single piece of space surrounding the vortex represented different time/place but I couldnt see what each time and place was from the vortex. One could only know by moving into it(and therefore ending up elsewhere) one of those places. There was sooo many different possibilities/paths to take out from vortex. I knew I'd probably really stuffed up before I tried as the chances I was going to go the wrong way were quite high. I could of spent years or centuries in that vortex (it was timeless so i dont know but it felt like a VERY LONG time) before deciding I was just going to take a risk and do it.

PrototypeTEGTA

Postby PrototypeTEGTA » 28 Mar 2013 20:38

Your post now makes a lot of sense. You downloaded the information from the body you went into, not the body you were living in before, right?
I describe the vortex you went through as "The Great Black Void", which is essentially nothingness. There are no directions, no sense of up or down, left or right. You can't move because there is nothing to move relative to, it is just bare blackness. Anyway, you may have died in your original body (the one you've been in before), and your spirit became unattached of the physicality of your body and you went through the great void. In there, as you said, every little point of the fabric of the void leads to a new life, and the possibilities are endless, and you chose the one who are you right now. Quite mind blowing to actually grasp someone who experienced (and remembered this thing) since all humans go through the great void, and reincarnate in new human bodies, but lose their memories of past lives.

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 28 Mar 2013 23:57

PrototypeTEGTA wrote:Your post now makes a lot of sense. You downloaded the information from the body you went into, not the body you were living in before, right?

Yes you understand me now :)

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”