OBE vs Lucid Dream

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
bluebishop

OBE vs Lucid Dream

Postby bluebishop » 28 Mar 2013 21:21

I have been attempting to master lucid dreaming for a couple of months now. The experiences so far have only lasted about 30 seconds to a minute so I am still trying to stabilize the dream. Whenever I have one I feel vibrations and sometimes hear a noise coming from somewhere. I read that this is typical of OBEs.

I also read though that in an OBE you cannot manipulate the dreamscape. Is this true? If so, can you turn an OBE into a lucid dream?

taniaaust1

Re: OBE vs Lucid Dream

Postby taniaaust1 » 28 Mar 2013 23:22

An OBE can go into a LD in the same way as one can go into a LD from a waking state thou once you start LD you loose or confuse your awareness of your astral body (just like when you do a LD from the physical state.. you loose the feelings coming from your physical body.. you cant be focused on your "mental body" which is where the dream is coming from.. where at same time as experiencing from the physical well.. same with the astral body and LD ....

I havent really tried to manifest things during any of my OBEs (I rarely have OBEs nowdays as Im focused on LD as I love how the subconciousness works throu it ). When Im OBE thou.. unlike my LDs in which this very noticably happens. if Im astral (OBE) if I start thinking of something, it doesnt just appear for me (so for myself things dont seem to be as easily changable as LD).

Like LD thou when OBE, I can change my location by thinking of elsewhere (or of someone I wish to visit) as by the thought it shifts ones astral energy and hence also consciousness to the other place.

I dont treat my astral experiences like dreams as I rather use them for real things then just images of things so havent tried to play around with creating things astrally (you just dont have even try to manifest when LD as thoughts just happen ie just think "I want an icecream" then walk around a corner and an icecream van will be there). My astral world is a lot more stable (more stable like physical reality) then my LD world, it doesnt spontanously shift with my thoughts.

Maybe the ease of manifesting in the astral world lays somewhere between what it is in the physical world and what it is in the dream world (as the frequency I think is between the two). (one can consciously manifest in the physical too but it takes a lot longer to happen eg days/weeks).
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

bluebishop

Postby bluebishop » 30 Mar 2013 01:51

Thank you.

torakrubik

Postby torakrubik » 30 Mar 2013 14:58

I believe an OBE is a type of lucid dream. It is often vivid and normally starts with a feeling of bodily disconnection, hence the name. I don't think that your 'soul' leaves the body but I do think your consciousness ends up in the dreamworld. So to answer your question, you are already in a lucid dream.
Dreaming is my drug

bluebishop

Postby bluebishop » 01 Apr 2013 01:06

That actually makes a lot of sense. Thank you.

Return to “For Beginners”