How to have more DILDs

Discuss lucid dreaming techniques including dream recall, MILD, WILD, meditation and other ways of attaining lucidity in dreams.
worldenterer

How to have more DILDs

Postby worldenterer » 05 Aug 2011 01:42

Any ideas on how to get more DILDs?
It needs to be about 20% cooler.

fineganswaker

Re: How to have more DILDs

Postby fineganswaker » 08 Aug 2011 22:32

worldenterer wrote:Any ideas on how to get more DILDs?

Let's see, if I remember these are Dream Induced Lucid Dreams, no? As opposed to MILD or WILD techniques. So the idea is to somehow induce lucidity while your dreaming.

I can only go on my own limited experience here, but working on reality checks and identifying dreamsigns are probably good places to start--as well as all the other usual stuff, like keeping a dream journal and getting to the point where you can recall at least one dream per night. You might also want to investigate into the WBTB technique, that kind of dovetails with any of the three "induction" techniques. WBTB seems to have worked the best for me so far.

There are a lot of posts out here on all these topics. Check 'em out--and best of luck!

worldenterer

Postby worldenterer » 12 Aug 2011 01:03

What are dreamsigns? Is that just like learning how to notice weird things? Because I am getting kinda good at that.

fineganswaker

Postby fineganswaker » 12 Aug 2011 18:03

worldenterer wrote:What are dreamsigns? Is that just like learning how to notice weird things? Because I am getting kinda good at that.

Totally. Anything weird in a dream that might spark you to realize you're dreaming (and thus induce lucidity), would be a dreamsign.

But there's a lot more to them than that. Even common (not-weird) things can be dreamsigns.

The idea behind keeping a dream journal is to go back over it once you have a fairly good amount of dreams recorded (maybe, like a dozen, non-lucid or lucid) and identify objects, locations, situations, themes, etc. that seem to repeat. These are dreamsigns as well. If you can identify things that repeats in your journal then it's possible that you might recognize those things in a dream as well--and then realize you're dreaming and become lucid.

Another idea behind dreamsigns is to start doing exercises to recognize things while you're awake during your day and do reality checks on them (asking yourself "Hey, is there any possibility I could be dreaming right now?).

Pick up a copy of Stephen LaBerge's book Exploring the World of Lucid Dreaming (inexpensive paperback--I got a copy for, like, $4). He's got a number of chapters on all these techniques that include exercises to do. The "wikihow" page on LDs is also a good, no-nonsense, place to start checking out all this info: http://www.wikihow.com/Lucid-Dream

worldenterer

Postby worldenterer » 16 Aug 2011 01:02

Thanks for the advice. I have racked up about 35 dreams now, two of those being lucid. A trend that I am seeing in quite a few of them are as follows.

Parking Lots
Soda
Zombies
Wild West
Automobiles
Trees

fineganswaker

Postby fineganswaker » 16 Aug 2011 19:04

worldenterer wrote:I have racked up about 35 dreams now, two of those being lucid.

I'd say you're well on your way!

Just fyi, I found some *free* dream journaling software that looks pretty interesting: http://freewaretools.net/search/liquid-dream-3/

I downloaded it, but haven't installed it yet since it also needs Framework software to work correctly. If you're interested you might want to check out the pdf "white paper" on it that's out at their site. It looks like the software's got a certain amount of bells and whistles I know I just wouldn't use (I'm remain a pretty low-tech kind of a guy), but some of the features for cataloging and analyzing your dreams (and dreamsigns) looks useful.

If I get some time, I may try to give it a test drive later today.

--FW

worldenterer

Postby worldenterer » 16 Aug 2011 19:57

thanks!

Return to “Lucid Dreaming Techniques”