Names of Dream Characters

What have you learned from your dream characters? What do they say, what do they represent, what motivates them, why do they exist?
Highlander

Names of Dream Characters

Postby Highlander » 28 Mar 2013 12:05

Have you ever asked a name to a character in your dream? What name did they say? Was it a normal name?

In my case, the names they give me i never heard of them and sometimes the names are so strange that I think do not exist. Why are the names given by the dream characters so weird? Am I earing it wrong?
Some of the names which they gave me: The Black Osiris (looks like an egyptian god name), José Manuel de Casalães (i'm from Portugal and this is a normal portuguese name, but never heard of it), Diago Frago D'Erotiz (this is kind of a mixture between a portuguese and a spanish name and does not exist)

Guitar48300

Re: Names of Dream Characters

Postby Guitar48300 » 28 Mar 2013 15:38

In my non lucid dreams the people I meet never tell me their names. Some of them are people who I feel like I've met before.
In my future lucid dreams I want to meet specific characters and they have names already(they're from video games and tv)
Roxas: Did you have fun chatting with the ghosts?
Sora: You shouldn't call them "ghosts". Sure something seemed a little off but I'm sure they're still my friends

-KH Re:coded
xat.com/luciddreamers if anyone wants to use it

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 29 Mar 2013 02:02

My DCs often have weird names too.. ones which sound like they could be names but things I've never heard of before. (off my head thou I cant currently think of any examples to give).
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

Thyraize

Postby Thyraize » 29 Mar 2013 17:26

I can't remember DCs telling me their names, sometimes I just know them. A while back, there was a guy named Chazz. Then there's 'Zusje' (little sister), which was a pretty scary spider that was called so by a zombie, that kind of things. And always people I know - my dad is there a lot, little brothe, girl from school, a guy from swimming... And I met the singer from the Casualties once. That's all I can think of right now.

[ Post made via iPad ] Image

oliverclay

Postby oliverclay » 01 Apr 2013 06:15

This type of thing never happen with me as it happen to you where you listen some weird names maybe some meaning of these names in other languages.
www.meryem.com

alissa

Postby alissa » 12 Apr 2013 01:01

I had a nightmare once where I just knew this man who was living in my house had the name Tobian, which I don't think is a real name. I didn't ask him (I was scared of him) but somehow I just knew it.
“All that we see or seem is but a dream within a dream.” -Edgar Allan Poe

Are you dreaming?

alissa

Postby alissa » 21 May 2013 00:28

cheddar1 wrote:My dream guide said his name was Po. He spelled it Po not Poe.

Oh my god like from the Teletubbies!! :D
“All that we see or seem is but a dream within a dream.” -Edgar Allan Poe

Are you dreaming?

oliverclay

Postby oliverclay » 07 Jun 2013 11:31

Whenever you want to talk the character its spread out.

fistania

Postby fistania » 12 Jun 2013 14:45

i remember i wrote them down in my dream journal, some are weird some are normal.
i rarely ask (consciously) though, they just gave away their name or i heard it from other DC/thing.

alissa wrote:
cheddar1 wrote:My dream guide said his name was Po. He spelled it Po not Poe.

Oh my god like from the Teletubbies!! :D

hahahah yes my thoughts exactly! :D
and even if it's not like teletubbies, it's cute.

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 29 Jun 2013 10:23

alissa wrote:I had a nightmare once where I just knew this man who was living in my house had the name Tobian, which I don't think is a real name. I didn't ask him (I was scared of him) but somehow I just knew it.

Wasnt Tobian the name of some famous guy (maybe a singer), I think he was covered in tattos, who got into drugs and ended up commiting suicide many years ago now?
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

Return to “Dream Characters”