Dream Job- IS THERE ONE?

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
nate282828

Dream Job- IS THERE ONE?

Postby nate282828 » 27 Mar 2013 00:32

i am a "natural" lucid dreamer. In my search for answers I have only found that I was pulled through every stage of the ability, w/out ever needing help or guidance (and whether I desired the ability or not).

My question is:

CAN A LUCID DREAMER, WHO CAN DREAM THIS WAY ON COMMAND FIND WORK DREAMING??

I love it, i know it holds secret. I want to push its limits and uncover mysteries. SOS :/

PrototypeTEGTA
Location: In an alternative universe where 'peace' and 'unity' actually make sense.

Re: Dream Job- IS THERE ONE?

Postby PrototypeTEGTA » 27 Mar 2013 20:28

Do you mean a real job, like in a sense of what profession you truly desire in the world of work in waking life? If not, feel free to correct me. Well, my answer is pretty much YES. Your subconscious mind can tell you your true and most desirable intentions of life.
"Saying 'I have 100$' is like saying 'I have 100 inches'. Inches of what? Ropes? Books? iPads? Money can be a means and a tool to get what you want. But remember, in a camping experience, money is only good for kindling and wiping your butt."

lumencryster

Postby lumencryster » 27 Mar 2013 21:45

if you're wondering if you can get a career in dreaming, then maybe. i mean one example would be writing a book about your lucid dreaming experiences. maybe there's people who would pay you to do research. i'm happy you have that ability though, seems wonderful.

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 27 Mar 2013 23:32

Thought the others idea of doing a book on LD is a good one seeing you are an expert in it. or how about participating in LD research studies? (thou that wouldnt be a full time job but rather one in just possibly getting small payments at times. I get paid small amounts to be part of studies at times.. not in LD thou).

Does LD help you to do anything? eg could you do a LD to help solve a real life crime? or anything else. If you can maybe you could find work in that kind of area. Without knowing of any special abilities your ability to LD at will is giving you, its hard to know what to suggest.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

PrototypeTEGTA
Location: In an alternative universe where 'peace' and 'unity' actually make sense.

Postby PrototypeTEGTA » 28 Mar 2013 14:29

Oh now I get it! I got the entire question wrong at first glance. Maybe you could, as Tani suggested, help in LD research or write a book about it, or maybe even make special classes if you feel like teaching this skill to other people. Either way, it would be hard to get into such career (or short-term job) at the beginning, but it would become very interesting and fun with time.
"Saying 'I have 100$' is like saying 'I have 100 inches'. Inches of what? Ropes? Books? iPads? Money can be a means and a tool to get what you want. But remember, in a camping experience, money is only good for kindling and wiping your butt."

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 29 Mar 2013 01:19

There is a big gap as far as in LD classes, well at least in my country and state.

Ive done all kinds of classes in the past in real life, various forms of healing, spirituality, trance channelling, clairvoyance classes and even went to an astral projection class.. all things the others were being paid to teach. I ran a meditation class for a while myself (thou only changed donation but for my healing I would get paid good money at times).

Some people travel the country and the world teaching these things. One thing Ive never seen which Im sure would interest people is a LD class. I dont think it would be that hard to find enough people to run a class say for an hour for eight weeks (that would be fun as people then could come together and share their experiences too during it) or day course in that every few months or so.

**wondering why no one has thought to run these classes**

PrototypeTEGTA

Postby PrototypeTEGTA » 29 Mar 2013 06:42

taniaaust1 wrote:**wondering why no one has thought to run these classes**

Exactly, it must be a no-brainer to do so. I think what prevents creating such classes, to a certain extend, is people who are willing to teach LD skills are sometimes worried about the outcome. For example, they might encounter students who are totally close-minded about this subject, and they would spread a rumor about the wastefulness of LDing. I know myself that such an outcome is possible, since whenever I tried explaining LDing to other people, they end up yawning at me, telling me the whole subject is just stupid. It is kind of disappointing to know that some people will never progress in their lives and won't allow new possibilities of such things to enter their mind. (For example spiritual enlightenment)

deepakkumaar97

Postby deepakkumaar97 » 29 Mar 2013 17:55

PrototypeTEGTA wrote:

Exactly, it must be a no-brainer to do so. I think what prevents creating such classes, to a certain extend, is people who are willing to teach LD skills are sometimes worried about the outcome. For example, they might encounter students who are totally close-minded about this subject, and they would spread a rumor about the wastefulness of LDing. I know myself that such an outcome is possible, since whenever I tried explaining LDing to other people, they end up yawning at me, telling me the whole subject is just stupid. It is kind of disappointing to know that some people will never progress in their lives and won't allow new possibilities of such things to enter their mind. (For example spiritual enlightenment)

You are absolutely right, they re not even ready to hear about new things, trying them is far away.
I always like to do new things, that way we learn pretty much things.

[ Post made via Android ] Image
Do a reality check

PrototypeTEGTA

Postby PrototypeTEGTA » 29 Mar 2013 21:34

Uggggggggggh... It is just really disheartening to know that humanity is heading the wrong way. I mean LDing is inside our own minds, though it really opens up a lot of possibilities and creativeness to come to life.

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 30 Mar 2013 02:46

PrototypeTEGTA wrote:

When you run a close thou (I think I can speak well of this as Ive attended many psychic classes of various kinds etc), you dont tend to get people there who dont believe in what is being taught. People who dont believe arent willing to put money into paying for something they dont believe in. Many classes are quite expensive thou some arent (either way I have never encounted a disbelieving person doing class for something they dont believe in).

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”