Beginner Questions Welcome!

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
Je-Je

Hello, im new here

Postby Je-Je » 26 Mar 2013 12:50

Hello, im learning lucid dreaming its been a months. I waiting for my first lucid dream. I wish that i make my lucid dream tonight :lol:
I discovered Lucid Dream by watching the film Inception(2012)
Lucid Dream Count: 31+
Normal Dream Count: +∞
Objective: Make 30 Lucid-Dreams this year(2016).

Sander

Re: Beginner Questions Welcome!

Postby Sander » 29 Mar 2013 11:07

had a lucid dream tonight :mrgreen: only lasted for about 10 seconds though, but it kicked ass :D

i dreamt that i was playing mirror's edge and at one point i was no longer controlling the character, but was doing all the stuff myself. Then all hell broke loose, running from cops, shooting them. I noticed running was very hard and i was thinking 'why the hell can't i run normally??' and then it hit me: because i'm dreaming :D suddenly dodging bullets was no longer neccessary and i flew around like a flash and was kicking ass all over the place :D i kept reminding myself that i was dreaming but suddenly i felt my body lying in bed and quickly my mind returned to my sleeping body and i woke up.

So it turns out doing RC's is not a good way for me to have LD's... at the moment i'm reading a book about tibetan dream yoga, that suggested to view every experience as being a dream, even waking life. So yesterday, throughout the day, i kept reminding myself that this all was a dream. Even at night while still awake, i reminded myself that i'm dreaming and that i'm going to have a lucid dream. With succes :D
Free Your Mind.

First LD: 30/08/2012 :mrgreen:

ArsiNoe

Postby ArsiNoe » 29 Mar 2013 13:23

Hello lucid dreamers,

(First of all, excuse me please my english, because i am not a native speaker)

I need help. My lucid dreams last too short. I had several long LDs. However, once i tried to jump through the wall from my bedroom to a bathroom. I was succesful, but I immediately woke up. Maybe i tried too much for beginner. I am not sure if it influenced me, but since that I can't have LD for more than several seconds. :(
When i realize that I am dreaming, I always say in my mind: "I hope that i won't wake up." And then i usually really wake up. I know i shouldn't think about it, but i don't know how. I tried almost each advice from http://www.world-of-lucid-dreaming.com/how-to-stay-lucid.html . I usually rub my hands and say: "Clarity now". However, it works for only several seconds.
Could you help me?

btifuldreamer

Postby btifuldreamer » 31 Mar 2013 01:52

Beginner Lucid dreamer here :D I first discovered LD when i had a dream and though "i wonder if you can control your dreams?" I looked it up and i discovered a life changing answer, LD! I have been researching it for about 2 months but no sucess :( The main technique i am trying is MILD. I purchased Steven Laberge's book, 'Exploring the World of Lucid Dreaming' and i pretty much know how to do a MILD I have been trying it but it hasn't been working. I have recorded about 70 dreams, at least 2 every night, since the holdiays started i am now doing more reality checks and my routine when i go to sleep is i tell myself "i am going to have a lucid dream". That's pretty much what i have been doing. I just wanted to know if there's anything i'm doing wrong or if anyone can give me some tips. Thank you :D

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 31 Mar 2013 02:26

Sander wrote:had a lucid dream tonight :mrgreen: only lasted for about 10 seconds though, but it kicked ass :D

i dreamt that i was playing mirror's edge and at one point i was no longer controlling the character, but was doing all the stuff myself. Then all hell broke loose, running from cops, shooting them. I noticed running was very hard and i was thinking 'why the hell can't i run normally??' and then it hit me: because i'm dreaming :D suddenly dodging bullets was no longer neccessary and i flew around like a flash and was kicking ass all over the place :D i kept reminding myself that i was dreaming but suddenly i felt my body lying in bed and quickly my mind returned to my sleeping body and i woke up.

So it turns out doing RC's is not a good way for me to have LD's... at the moment i'm reading a book about tibetan dream yoga, that suggested to view every experience as being a dream, even waking life. So yesterday, throughout the day, i kept reminding myself that this all was a dream. Even at night while still awake, i reminded myself that i'm dreaming and that i'm going to have a lucid dream. With succes :D

Congrats :D . I hope you have many more.

i kept reminding myself that i was dreaming but suddenly i felt my body lying in bed and quickly my mind returned to my sleeping body and i woke up.

Sometimes one can get oneself straight back into the dream if you keep laying there with eyes shut and think of being back in the dream scene. Dont suddenly give up just cause you have woken up but spend at least 5 mins trying to get back into it.

Probably good thou for your first that you didnt go back to sleep in case you ended up forgetting it.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 31 Mar 2013 02:38

ArsiNoe wrote:Hello lucid dreamers,

(First of all, excuse me please my english, because i am not a native speaker)

I need help. My lucid dreams last too short. I had several long LDs. However, once i tried to jump through the wall from my bedroom to a bathroom. I was succesful, but I immediately woke up. Maybe i tried too much for beginner. I am not sure if it influenced me, but since that I can't have LD for more than several seconds. :(
When i realize that I am dreaming, I always say in my mind: "I hope that i won't wake up." And then i usually really wake up. I know i shouldn't think about it, but i don't know how. I tried almost each advice from http://www.world-of-lucid-dreaming.com/how-to-stay-lucid.html . I usually rub my hands and say: "Clarity now". However, it works for only several seconds.
Could you help me?

Do you go into the dream with challenges you really want to do? If not.. make sure you do that so you can really be focused on a task and not focused on that you are going to wake up. Its your focus on that you are going to wake up which as you know already is probably what is making you wake up.

Some of us have found the challenge "What's in your dream pockets?" something interesting to do which can be easy and can hold our attention in the dream while doing this. Have several easy challenges you could do in mind and really keep your attention on doing these.

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 31 Mar 2013 02:43

btifuldreamer wrote:Beginner Lucid dreamer here :D I first discovered LD when i had a dream and though "i wonder if you can control your dreams?" I looked it up and i discovered a life changing answer, LD! I have been researching it for about 2 months but no sucess :( The main technique i am trying is MILD. I purchased Steven Laberge's book, 'Exploring the World of Lucid Dreaming' and i pretty much know how to do a MILD I have been trying it but it hasn't been working. I have recorded about 70 dreams, at least 2 every night, since the holdiays started i am now doing more reality checks and my routine when i go to sleep is i tell myself "i am going to have a lucid dream". That's pretty much what i have been doing. I just wanted to know if there's anything i'm doing wrong or if anyone can give me some tips. Thank you :D

If increased reality checks dont work within a couple of weeks, then change the whole way you are doing things. Dont keep doing something which just arent working for you (as it just programs into you that whatever you are doing dont work). You could try things like waking up in the middle of the night and then trying to WILD or other ways to achieve a LD. We all have different things which will work better for us, you just havent found the technique for you yet.

anasky67

Postby anasky67 » 31 Mar 2013 02:46

Hi everybody!

I've been trying to have a LD for about a month and a half now. During the day, I do many reality checks and I keep a dream journal. I have tried to do the WILD technique, but after SP, my eyes started to do a really weird thing, like spasming :? I couldn't control it and I got scared, but I was able to stay calm again by counting.

Then, I could only see blue. It wasn't vivid at all, it was like I was just daydreaming. It was blurry...
After that, I felt my feet being sucked into a hole that was on my mattress :lol:
But then I started to feel like I was in an oven and had to stop.

I also tried to to the WBTB and MILD methods, but didn't get any results, except some vivid dreams. :evil:

Please, help!

btifuldreamer

Postby btifuldreamer » 31 Mar 2013 03:06

Thanks Taniaaust. 2 nights ago i tried the technique (i think it's a WILD) where you wake up about 6 hours after you sleep. I did do this and when i woke up to my alarm i researced the WILD technique on my phone with the brightness on low and i went back to sleep not moving at all, lying on my right side because i read this is the best position, but i became uncomfortble and really wanted to move so i did. I don't if this was the cause of me not having a LD that night but overall i didn't hav a lucid dream that night :|

On an unrelated topic, how do you reply to someone's question? Like you did with mine Tania. There's my question in a box with your reply under it.

btifuldreamer

Postby btifuldreamer » 31 Mar 2013 10:02

I would also like to know (just in case i get into bad habits) if i am doing my reality checks right. I llok around where i am and ask myself if i'm dreaming, then i check to see if everything is normal and in place, then i test all my senses; touch, taste, smell, hear, see and if they all seem normal I put my fingers on my palm to see if it goes through then as a backup i count my fingers and as a backup for my backup i try and breathe through my nose. It all takes me about 20 seconds. Thank you in advance ;)

Return to “For Beginners”