If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.

Postby Dwelve » 17 Aug 2011 23:03

Hi Im 14 and newly pagan, I have heard some of lucid dreaming but none much other than controlling your dream which i thought you were simply dreaming that your controlling it. But i had a dream once where i was able to think and controlled my actions, i knew that i was dreaming I continued along with the dream(it was a good dream) and eventually waking up, at first i was sad that i woke up and i wanted to do it again so i started to do some research on dreams and not long i found about lucid dreaming which i wanted to do but only a few of my questions were answered. My goal is to lucid dream and create a new world. ive always wondered what life would be like if there was no sleep life would be alot longer and you could have a better and more fufilling life, i have also loved how in dreams impossible stuff can happen and you have no clue theres anything wrong with that until you wake up. Ive always looked as dreams as a wonderful, interesting thing and just controlling my dream i can calm myself down when im stressed, i can have have adventures. And learn more about who i am. Anyways i have a few questions. If you lucid dream how long is the dream? and when do you start it? can you wake yourself up once you are lucid dreaming?

Re: Hello!

Postby Magnus » 18 Aug 2011 01:03

Hello :)

The length of a lucid dream could be anything from one second to an hour, and beyond! It depends on how much experience you have (It is possible to have very long lucid dreams even if you've just started though ;) ). For me, they got better and longer each time I had one.

When you say "When do you start it" do you meen when do you realize you are dreaming? If so, then it also depends. It can vary from exactly the moment you fall asleep, to any other point of the dream. If you meen when do you start having lucid dreams then the answer is anytime :) Ask yourself "Am I dreaming?" regulary, and write down atleast one dream per night and it will almost certainly happen to you soon.

Yes, you can wake yourself up when you're dreaming by closing your eyes as hard as you can, then open them quickly.

Have fun being lucid! It's epic :)
First lucid dream : July 14, 2011
Lucid dream count : 5
Last lucid dream : 11 september 2011

Have given up, for now. The school is too much work. I am going to keep doing it i my weekend and vacations though :)

Re: Hello!

Postby Mewie » 18 Aug 2011 11:23

Hi there.
I can see, that your questions already are answered.
But hi and welcome! =)

Have nice dreams! :)
Reality is a lovely place,
but I wouldn't wanna live there
. ~ Adam Young

Postby worldenterer » 19 Aug 2011 02:08

It needs to be about 20% cooler.

Return to “For Beginners”