This has got to be close... bet yet so far!

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.

This has got to be close... bet yet so far!

Postby LCDAnthony » 30 Mar 2013 16:15

So I had a dream last night. I was in my house I believe.. And I said to myself, "So close to a lucid dream!" or something like that. I then walked outside and finished the dream.

What I'm more interested in is that why is it that I said, "So close to a lucid dream" and not realize that! What does this mean?? Am I close? Or is my dreams messing with me? haha

Re: This has got to be close... bet yet so far!

Postby DeltaV » 30 Mar 2013 16:55

I had something like that too. I was in a dream with a few dream characters, in a very odd city. A tree came flying down, a pine tree with a large, flat and green metal cylinder at the bottom. It also had an orange handle attached to it, which gave me the idea that it was part of some sort of transport system. Once I touched it, I flew up for no real reason, and slowly floated downward.
I then began to explain to the others, while doing small jumps and floats, that this is only possible in dreams.
It was so bloody obvious, and still I didn't notice! On the other hand, I got to float around again. Man, flying feels good.
You have bought a ticket for a train of thought heading for your wildest dreams. Choose your destination, and enjoy the ride!

Re: This has got to be close... bet yet so far!

Postby taniaaust1 » 31 Mar 2013 02:48

Its a good sign. You've now got your subconsciousness attempting to help you and attempting to trigger you into awareness. It always helps when we have that part of us working with us. It will probably throw more "triggers' into your dreams to attempt to get you to wake up in your dreams. Watch out for these triggers it sends.

It doesnt necessarily mean you are close but it does mean that you are CLOSER then you were (you are headed in the right direction one could say)... and your subconsciousness talking about LD may be enough to make you have the experience you are seeking. You may became aware the next time this happens.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

Return to “For Beginners”