Are your dream chararcters effected by lucidity, if so how?

What have you learned from your dream characters? What do they say, what do they represent, what motivates them, why do they exist?
taniaaust1

Re: Are your dream chararcters effected by lucidity, if so h

Postby taniaaust1 » 31 Mar 2013 04:47

One way my DCs are affected by my lucidity is in the images of the DCs themselves. In my non lucid dreams the DCs can be rather far out, I'll use last nights what I have to call a DC as it had consciousness as an example (I know I wouldnt get a DC as way out as this one in a LD).

In my non lucid dream last night which was actually a nightmare. There was a huge tornado going to hit. In the dream the tornado entered the big shed where a lot of us where taking cover from it. This tornado to my surprise seemed to have consciousness thou. It seemed to target who in the shed it was going to affect. eg It decided to target a guy next to me and hit him with lightning. After doing that the tornado reached out a hand and got the guy to shake hands with it as if it had changed its mind in harming him and rather was going to be friends. When the guy went to shake hands thou.. the tornado sent a lightning bolt directly at his heart killing him.

My LDs and the characters in them.. just arent that strange.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

lucidinthe sky

Re: Are your dream chararcters effected by lucidity, if so h

Postby lucidinthe sky » 01 Apr 2013 16:26

It seems as if we are more "inhibited" when we are lucid, similar to waking life. When non-lucid, I think we are more free to allow ourselves to come up with a larger range of characters and situations. We tend to be less free in waking life, have our filters, inhibitions, etc. Our logical thinking brains can get in the way of completely free and creative ideas. I would think this passes to dream world when we become lucid. I'm sure we could get past this, but it's an obstacle for sure.
Have you ever had a dream, Neo, that you were so sure was real? What if you were unable to wake from that dream? How would you know the difference between the dream world and the real world? Morpheus

Return to “Dream Characters”