WILD progress

Discuss lucid dreaming techniques including dream recall, MILD, WILD, meditation and other ways of attaining lucidity in dreams.
DeltaV

WILD progress

Postby DeltaV » 31 Mar 2013 17:00

'Tis going well so far. I lay down on my bed, with some isochronic noise on my headphones, and started relaxing. After quite a while, I felt relaxed enough (and a little bored), and started visualizing. This got a bit weird; sometimes I'd get immersed in my thoughts and they started to continue by themselves, while I lost awareness. Then I'd remember that I am trying to visualise, and I'd snap back.

At a certain point, I got to play around with the feeling of being on a boat, rocking slowly up and down. But then my visualised surroundings got chaotic and began to do things on their own. One moment I was imagining I was on the back of a dolphin, the other moment I was racing through a set of corridors for no reason at all. It's as if I were dreaming, but not completely. I was aware of it, but I was not completely immersed nor controlling the visuals. And then, I got distracted because for some reason I was holding my breath or something.
Does anyone else have these kinds of self-sustaining imageries?
You have bought a ticket for a train of thought heading for your wildest dreams. Choose your destination, and enjoy the ride!

taniaaust1

Re: WILD progress

Postby taniaaust1 » 04 Apr 2013 07:55

You are just entering dreams. It is quite possible to go deeper into these if you focused on them consciously and use your own thoughts to pull yourself in more and once fully in, then you can work on stablizing it.

And then, I got distracted because for some reason I was holding my breath or something.

You may not be quite relaxing enough yet and breath holding would bring you back to the physical. It may be a good idea if you have a partner or someone who lives with you.. to ask them to watch you while you are asleep to make sure you arent suffering from sleep apnea eg holding breath while asleep (as that would cause breath holding too and probably would affect LD stuff).
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

DeltaV

Re: WILD progress

Postby DeltaV » 04 Apr 2013 13:36

taniaaust1 wrote:You are just entering dreams. It is quite possible to go deeper into these if you focused on them consciously and use your own thoughts to pull yourself in more and once fully in, then you can work on stablizing it.

So I was close? That's good to know!

You may not be quite relaxing enough yet and breath holding would bring you back to the physical. It may be a good idea if you have a partner or someone who lives with you.. to ask them to watch you while you are asleep to make sure you arent suffering from sleep apnea eg holding breath while asleep (as that would cause breath holding too and probably would affect LD stuff).

I doubt it's sleep apnea. Probably just me concentrating too much. I'll keep an eye on it though.
You have bought a ticket for a train of thought heading for your wildest dreams. Choose your destination, and enjoy the ride!

Return to “Lucid Dreaming Techniques”