Counting Your way to Lucid Dreaming

Discuss lucid dreaming techniques including dream recall, MILD, WILD, meditation and other ways of attaining lucidity in dreams.
btifuldreamer

Counting Your way to Lucid Dreaming

Postby btifuldreamer » 01 Apr 2013 03:30

This is a technique i haven't read much about but it seems very easy and effective. What you do in this technique is when you wake up at night, hopefully right after a dream, you count in your head "one i am lucid dreaming, two i am lucid dreaming, three i am....". I read that once you reach 51 you do a reality check and will be lucid dreaming. I thought that this was a pretty exact answer and wouldn't be the same for everyone so what i wanted to know is if anyone uses this method to have your lucid dreams and how you do it, if i explained it wrong and if it's a good technique for beginners. Thank you in advance :D

Lucid Dreamer

Re: Counting Your way to Lucid Dreaming

Postby Lucid Dreamer » 01 Apr 2013 03:37

well if you repeat the same phrase over and over again, i suspect that you would lull yourself to sleep. also, counting is a very automatic thing so that would not keep your mind awake. i guess ill try it tonight and see what happens. i doubt it is true though.
"All men whilst they are awake are in one common world: but each of them, when he is asleep, is in a world of his own." ~Plutarch

DreamerMan99

Postby DreamerMan99 » 01 Apr 2013 16:32

I use this method and think it works pretty well combined with WILD.

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image
Good luck,
Dream on.
LDs~32

btifuldreamer

Postby btifuldreamer » 02 Apr 2013 04:48

Okay thanks :D I tried it last night and i can't beleive how distracted i got ! The highest i reached without repeating was 11 and then i kept telling myelf when my mind wandered don't let it, then my wandered :oops: and then suddenly there was a japanese girl in my head laughing and saying haha your mind wandered. I must have seriously been tired because i didn't know what the hell was going on. I suppose it could've been a dream.... but i dont know. Although i didn't have a LD it didn't feel like a total faliure... I'll keep trying ;)

DreamerMan99

Postby DreamerMan99 » 02 Apr 2013 09:13

Dont get down on yourself man, every night is a new oppertunity. I got into lucid dreaming 2 weeks ago with my first LD randomly on the 2nd night. Just try something different im doing binaural beats WBTB & WILD at 4 am lol. :D

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image
Good luck,
Dream on.
LDs~32

btifuldreamer

Postby btifuldreamer » 04 Apr 2013 06:54

Oh lucky you :P i tried a mp3 last night and it made me soooo relaxed and i fell asleep but then my mum woke me up >.< but it was still a good sleep

[ Post made via Android ] Image

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 04 Apr 2013 08:05

btifuldreamer wrote:Okay thanks :D I tried it last night and i can't beleive how distracted i got ! The highest i reached without repeating was 11 and then i kept telling myelf when my mind wandered don't let it, then my wandered :oops: and then suddenly there was a japanese girl in my head laughing and saying haha your mind wandered. I must have seriously been tired because i didn't know what the hell was going on. I suppose it could've been a dream.... but i dont know. Although i didn't have a LD it didn't feel like a total faliure... I'll keep trying ;)

Mind wandering in the way of daydreaming eg the japanese girl is good, it means you are letting your mind go and it can lead you into a proper LD (just make sure you dont completely loose your waking awareness and that keeps coming back in at times as you need it to realise you are dreaming at a point). The Japanese girl was your subconsciousness coming in. You are setting yourself up for failure if you cant see this happening as encouraging.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

btifuldreamer

Postby btifuldreamer » 04 Apr 2013 11:45

Well I am a tiny bit Japanese but pretty much full Australian but im no girl :P I when I txt people I usually speak in an Asian way. When I was counting in my head and that voice came in, it was like my head was sooooo busy of thoughts. Every time I counted I heard other people talking and noises. It was really weird. For some reason my dream recall got really good :) I remembered 6 dreams last night and yesterday night I only remember 2 because I had to wake up at 3:00am for a plans ride, but the night before that I remembered 6 ! :D I think its cuz of my new mantra; "when I am dreaming, I will wake up when its finished". Hopefully I LD any night now ! :P

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 05 Apr 2013 00:18

[quote="btifuldreamer"]but the night before that I remembered 6 ! :D I think its cuz of my new mantra; "when I am dreaming, I will wake up when its finished". [/quotes]

Thoughts like that do certainly help dream recall. :)

Ive programmed myself just with a thought like that in the past to wake up after each dream so I could write it down. I ended up having to stop doing that thou as I ended up having so many dreams each night and waking up EVERY TIME. It was easier to get happening then it was to switch off of doing it.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

btifuldreamer

Postby btifuldreamer » 05 Apr 2013 00:43

Hmmm well hopefully I hav a LD before I hav to stop doing the mantra. Last night I had about 4 or five dreams but because I was lazy I waited til I hopped up in thw morning and I only got to write down 2 :/ I will be less lazy tonight :)

Return to “Lucid Dreaming Techniques”